Memorial Day Weekend 2011
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Memorial Day Weekend 2011

Before the Invasion starts any thoughts?

Re: Memorial Day Weekend 2011

take care of each other. Remember there are camera phones everywhere. Don't rush into any situation without back up. Oh, and most important; stay away from the catered food (Though the cupcakes are to die for).

Make sure your tasers are charged. :devil: :devil: :devil:

FOP 5, Overlap, Cameras everywhere, and IA looking to burn you. Sure! Go out there and put your career and future in jeopardy for this city and an administration that does not care about you and your family. :snicker:

Have a feeling that our leader is not going to mention "setting the tone" at MDW roll calls.

IF they would say set the tone, I am sure noboday will follow!

Surround yourself with fellow officers with commen sense. Make sure to protect yourself at all times. Don't eat the food.
    Remember that for the most part you are on your own. Click your heels together and repeat " there's no place like home, there's no place like home" Before you know it, the weekend will be over and you will be planning for the next hurricane or the 4th of July. May the "Source" be with you.
    You are the best of the best.
    Respectfully,an old friend.

Is it true that the county and MPD are both reducing the amount of officers being sent this year? If so, who is picking up the slack? What other departments will be there?

Wonder.

Most agencies are limiting the number of officers they send this year due to events occuring in their own jurisdictions. Hotel occupancy is up nearly 30 percent county wide compared to the same time last year. All we can do is watch each other's backs and when it is time to take action, do it as a team and then move on to the next one. We can only deal with one call at a time. This is where have a Sergeant with leadership skills is so important. Sgts need to step back and ensure that his guys are taken care of no matter what kind of chaos is falling in around them. At the same token, Officers need to take care of their Sergeants and address issues as a team and keep their Sergeants informed. I don't care what anyone says, a strong squad can handle any problem without the brass getting involved and fking it up. You give me a leader as a Sergeant and I will follow him (or her) anywhere!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast