JULY 1, 2011 - CHANGE YOUR PARTY DAY - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: JULY 1, 2011 - CHANGE YOUR PARTY DAY

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Thanks for the kind words. I made the post about ditching the major parties, but I can't take credit for the closing quote. That is the official slogan of the Florida Whig Party.

The GOP and the DNC weren't always the two top parties in the US; they had to work their way into that position. Like I said earlier, I've become a Whig because they represent my way of thinking, but I encourage all of you to at least look at them. If they don't suit you, fine...pick one that does or go independent. At the end of the day what is going to matter is that we all start to listen and take stock in the candidates from these smaller parties. If enough of us do that, we'll send the message that the "big two" are not so big and not so tough.

Maybe we can get small-party candidates in a few seats. That would upset the balance of the GOP and DNC, and help bring other key players into future political rolls. I will admit that it's wishful thinking on my part, but it is possible.
    good post

Re: JULY 1, 2011 - CHANGE YOUR PARTY DAY

Anybody that remains registered republican after this legislative session endorses all the cuts their family will endure. It sounds like the Governor is not pleased with the half way attempt at raiding the pension fund by this years legislators. He will be beating the drum to get it done right next year. With gas prices going up next year, tourism will be down and we'll have just as much of a deficit next year with no place to go but back to the state workers pension fund. They've figured out how easy it is to access. They should issue out an ATM card to all the legislators and they can draw out at their convenience. Remember that any sale tax increases or doing away with special interest sales tax exemptions are totally off the table for Republicans. Even if it means tossing cripples out in the street to fend for themselves.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12