29 years?

Thread: 29 years?

29 years?

PINELLAS PARK – In a twelve-hour period, starting at 8:50 p.m. April 6, eight motorcycles, four cars, one pickup truck, a police cruiser and a teenage pedestrian were involved in five different crashes on Pinellas Park roadways.

“It’s just been brutal for us. It was a pretty bad night overall as far as crashes go,” Pinellas Park Police Department Sgt. Tracey Schofield said the following morning.

Schofield said he couldn’t remember any time in his 29 years with the department that so many motorcyclists crashed within about an hour. Maybe the high frequency was more common in larger cities, he admitted.

“But for us, in Pinellas Park? I guess it was just the perfect storm last night,” he said.

So you started here when you were 17? That explains alot. Now we get it.

For those of you complaining about not flexing your patrol schedule to work overtime just stand by. Come september you can sit back and watch the master at work.

I just can't wait to see the September Exodus :lol:

Haters Never Prosper. Don't be a Hater

In your haste to bust his nuts, it probably didn't occur to you the reporter got it wrong. The other fact, no matter how you feel about him (even if he knew it) he would stand shoulder to shoulder with you when the sh!zzit hits the fan. Maybe you should remind yourself on why we got into law enforcement in the first place:

As a Law Enforcement Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights of all persons to liberty, equality and justice.

I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty.

I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminal, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities.

I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession...law enforcement.

Re: 29 years?

Although I agree with poster #2 in principle and I agree with him/her regarding TS....that policeman's creed is BS....times have changed. Not everything should be kept confidential, very little should actually, private lives should be just that and many regulations were poorly derived and should be challenged.

I agree with the spirit of the creed though and with about 90% of it in substance.

creed!.. the only "creed" at this department is **** you! oh and if your admin it's **** everybody!

I nominate WTFB for police czar because he knows the proper use for "fazugie"