Mayor tells Republican's "Moral is at an all time high"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mayor tells Republican's "Moral is at an all time high"

Tonight at the Pinellas County Republican Executive Committee a young man thanked the mayor for firing Goliath Davis. He then told the mayor that Chief Harmon needs to also be fired. He mentioned that Tampa has seen a drop in crime, because in his view they are proactive and chase cars when they run.

This young man told the mayor no more pandering to the UHURU movement and to get tough on crime. He then went on to talk about how Lakewood has a assistant principle who is a self proclaimed communist Dr. Harriot Waller-Davis ( I think that was the name). Apparently this woman is the ex-wife of Joe Waller and also a member of the UHURU movement.

The Mayor answer by saying that he has full faith in the chief and that he has grown into the position well. He also said that MORAL WAS AT AN ALL TIME HIGH WITH THE POLICE DEPARTMENT! He also said that he will not pander to the UHURU movement, and that he would use his bully-pulpit to address Mrs Waller.

Re: Mayor tells Republican's "Moral is at an all time high"

The mayor better get to work on the asst. principal at Lakewood HS VERY QUICKLY. That LHS administrator (supported by a handpicked committee of students and teachers) made it policy to REQUIRE: "...READING OUT- LOUD, FOR 15 MINUTES A DAY, SEVERAL DAYS A WEEK, IN EVERY CLASS, Obama's book. I know this to be true because I contacted the LHS administrator personally and the required, out-loud reading, in every class, of the book was confirmed. THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! :evil:

There was no reading of any capitalistic book as a balance. Is it any wonder that kids today are dependent upon government handouts and the UrupThoo line of BS is allowed to continue??? :cop: :cop:

First things first..
    It is imperative that the Mayor understand how the patrol officers truly feel about the dept. Why not get him to do ride alongs with officers without any prying ears. Learn first hand how everyone feels about the pursuit policy, lack of equipment, being pointed away from enforcing the laws.
    Remember why you joined in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The mayor better get to work on the asst. principal at Lakewood HS VERY QUICKLY. That LHS administrator (supported by a handpicked committee of students and teachers) made it policy to REQUIRE: "...READING OUT- LOUD, FOR 15 MINUTES A DAY, SEVERAL DAYS A WEEK, IN EVERY CLASS, Obama's book. I know this to be true because I contacted the LHS administrator personally and the required, out-loud reading, in every class, of the book was confirmed. THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! :evil:

There was no reading of any capitalistic book as a balance. Is it any wonder that kids today are dependent upon government handouts and the UrupThoo line of BS is allowed to continue??? :cop: :cop:

The Mayor does not Police the schools teachers and etc. That would be the School Board so your barking up the wrong tree.

Quote Originally Posted by In Due Time
    First things first..
    It is imperative that the Mayor understand how the patrol officers truly feel about the dept. Why not get him to do ride alongs with officers without any prying ears. Learn first hand how everyone feels about the pursuit policy, lack of equipment, being pointed away from enforcing the laws.
    Remember why you joined in the first place.
    I have done several ride alongs with your agency. I have to say after doing the recent ones morale has improved and I'm basing this on the Officers I've rode with. One of the Officers even made mention that only about 5% of dept continually belly aches over everything no matter what it is and most people will openly admit morale has improved.

I understand that you can't help the 5% because no matter what they get or what is done it is never enough. Before you start whinning I have ridden southside and westend and every Officer enforced the laws without hesitation. I must admit that a few Officers I talked to like to use the excuse they can't do their job so they don't have to do anything. I have liked my ride alongs in the past and I will continue them. Before you say it NO I'M NOT AN APPLICANT.

Who do you think they are going to put you with on a Ride-A-Long? They aren't going to let you ride with an average cop. They are going to pick someone who is going to "Toe the line" and only say good things.

I was asked to give a ride along and when they told me to watch what I say. I responded with "If they ask me a question and the answer is something you don't want me to say, Should I lie or tell them I can't answer that question". I didn't get the ride along.

Quote Originally Posted by School Board

The Mayor does not Police the schools teachers and etc. That would be the School Board so your barking up the wrong tree.
    You missed the connection from the first post............
    He then went on to talk about how Lakewood has a assistant principle who is a self proclaimed communist Dr. Harriot Waller-Davis ( I think that was the name). Apparently this woman is the ex-wife of Joe Waller and also a member of the UHURU movement.

Who do you think they are going to put you with on a Ride-A-Long? They aren't going to let you ride with an average cop. They are going to pick someone who is going to "Toe the line" and only say good things.

I was asked to give a ride along and when they told me to watch what I say. I responded with "If they ask me a question and the answer is something you don't want me to say, Should I lie or tell them I can't answer that question". I didn't get the ride along.

Your one of the 5% the poster was talking about.

Where is the Union? Why are they not talking to David Kotcamp (Sp?) from the times who was at this event. We all know this just isn't the case, and Foster needs to be called out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest Master

Your one of the 5% the poster was talking about.
    Correct I am not one of the 5% who kiss up, thank you.

I'm the officer who will work his butt off to catch the guy who just broke in your house. Work 8-10 hours a night and sit in court all day. I'll also chase some kid 20 years younger than me and catch him. I've missed the last 3 Christmas mornings and my daughters last birthday. Lastly did you know I don't get overtime for spending the night in a hospital checking for a concussion after getting in a fight.

And I have to listen to crap from someone who sat in a car and thinks they know what st pete cops are about.

I love this job I hate this city. I'd move but I have to much time in here and don't want to move my kids.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast