For those of you not aware, Florida House Bill 411 was submitted to block the public release of a video of the savage murder of Tampa Police Officers David Curtis and Jeff Kocab. If you are concerned about these officers' surviving families or the videos falling into the wrong hands and being used for the wrong purpose, I hope you consider writing an email showing your support. It has come to my attention that the bill is currently in committee. Below is a link with more in depth information on this bill as well as sample emails that you can use for help in writing your own to the listed chairmen (please use your own words). This is an important issue and, if you agree, your TIMELY response via email to them is CRITICAL.

http://apps.lobbytools.com/pub/index...bills&id=30732

Chairman Patronis is Chairman of the Government Operations Subcommittee, the first subcommittee stop for HB 411. He can be contacted at (850) 488-9696, where his Legislative Assistant, Patti Butchikas, is located. Their emails are as follows:

jimmy.patronis@myfloridahouse.gov
patti.butchikas@myfloridahouse.gov

Letter language, with address information, to be personalized is as follows:

March 21, 2011

The Honorable Jimmy Patronis, Chair
Government Operations Subcommittee
317 House Office Building
402 South Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1300

Dear Chairman Jimmy Patronis:

I am writing to request that you hear House Bill 411 in Government Operations Subcommittee. When Tampa lost two City of Tampa officers in one day, our town’s heart was broken. However, those of us in uniform felt the loss of our brothers more deeply. We learned that some people in the city celebrated the deaths of these officers and harbored the criminal who took their lives.

This year, we lost three more officers in Pinellas County in a month’s time. These deaths of our fellow officers were captured on dashboard video.

Please allow HB 411 to be heard for a vote in your Subcommittee. I believe the bill can spare additional pain to the spouses and the families that can be incurred by some person who would enjoy, who would dishonor, or would mock the passing of an on-duty officer. The idea of someone enjoying the death of these public servants by watching the scene over and over again adds great insult to injury.

There are some good reasons for making video available, and the bill lists legitimate exceptions. Please understand the compassion for the families and friends behind my request as well as the recent happenings that justify my request.

Thank you very much, or Sincerely, or Regards,

State Affairs Committee is Chaired by Seth McKeel. He can be reached via the following contact information:

(850) 488-9890
seth.mckeel@myfloridahouse.gov
Legislative Assistant, Callie Neslund can be reached via this email address: callie.neslund@myfloridahouse.gov

Language and address information for a letter is as follows:

March 21, 2011

The Honorable Seth McKeel, Chair
State Affairs Committee
303 House Office Building
402 South Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1300

Dear Chairman Seth McKeel:

I am writing to request that you hear House Bill 411 in State Affairs Committee. When Tampa lost two City of Tampa officers in one day, our town’s heart was broken. However, those of us in uniform felt the loss of our brothers more deeply. We learned that some people in city celebrated the deaths of these officers and harbored the criminal who took their lives.

This year, we lost three more officers in Pinellas County in a month’s time. These deaths of our fellow officers were captured on video.

Please allow HB 411 to be heard for a vote in your Committee. I believe the bill can spare additional pain to the spouses and the families that can be incurred by some person who would enjoy, who would dishonor, or would mock the passing of an on-duty officer.

There are some good reasons for making video available, and the bill provides for legitimate exceptions. Please understand the compassion behind this request and the recent happenings that justify my request.

Thank you very much, or Sincerely, or Regards,