Foster: smoking his own kool-aid?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Foster: smoking his own kool-aid?

From an interview with Bill Foster............... Bill, wake up and smell the coffee:

Q: In your eulogy for Officer Crawford, you said that no community is immune to social ills. Does St. Petersburg have more than its share?

A: No, absolutely not. Crime is down in the city of St. Pete this past year about 20 percent. …We're going through preventive programs, predictive policing programs…

St. Pete is safer than it was when I took office and I'm very proud of that

Q: Months ago you sat down with Nick Lindsey in his living room and met with him as part of an outreach program and I believe you're quoted as saying you thought about him with the idea, "This kid's gonna make it.'"

A: I did. …I cried when I heard that was the same kid. That one broke my heart. …I was trying to get into the head of 14, 15 and 16 year olds. …I visited six homes that night, checking curfews. …Nicholas impressed me the most.

He had a caring mother, caring family support system and he could articulate and verbalize and look me in the eyes, his goals his dreams, his aspirations, what he wanted to be, what he wanted to do.

"Mayor, I'm not hanging around the wrong kids, I'm through with that, I want to get my grades up so I can play football for Gibbs," and he just said all the right things. I don't know if he was just a masterful manipulator or whether or not the last eight months just ate him up.

Mayor, you are beyond naive.

Re: Foster: smoking his own kool-aid?

We need to start judging these people, "kids" included, by their actions and not what they say, what their family says about them, or what their thug friends say about them. These SUCKERS just don't get it until they've been victims themselves or they join the war and see for themselves what civilized society is up against.

Foster needs to be more concerned with mending fences and ties with the non-criminal, tax-paying community, and stop pandering to the racist traps being set-up by minorities.

Last Updated: Thursday, March 10, 2011
    More Info
    ST. PETERSBURG --

St. Petersburg Mayor Bill Foster is looking to mend fences in the city's black community after the firing of a top administrator.

Don't forget guys....Foster's not the police chief. He hasn't been doing this for over 25 years. But it's interesting how he's looked to in times like this instead of the actual police chief.

Good assessment

"This kid's gonna make it.'" - Bill Foster

Guess you were wrong. The "mayor" was fooled by a 16 year old kid? I sure hope he uses better judgemnet when he make decisions about how to spend my tax dollars.

Mayor Foster now is not the time to give up on Nick Lindsey; he needs our help more than ever. If we send him to prison as an adult everyone looses. We can save this young man if we sentence him as a juvenile and incarcerate him until he is 21. We have many wonderful programs and counseling and can make Nick a productive citizen. We know that he killed a police officer but they know the risks and are paid to put themselves in harms way. If Nick had killed a defenseless citizen than prosecution as an adult may be warranted but he killed a policemen who is highly trained and armed. If the policeman was not so complacent and was doing his job the outcome would have been different. The policeman has to accept some liability for his own demise. A civilized society does not incarcerate their children with adults for life it’s barbaric.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Mayor Foster now is not the time to give up on Nick Lindsey; he needs our help more than ever. If we send him to prison as an adult everyone looses. We can save this young man if we sentence him as a juvenile and incarcerate him until he is 21. We have many wonderful programs and counseling and can make Nick a productive citizen. We know that he killed a police officer but they know the risks and are paid to put themselves in harms way. If Nick had killed a defenseless citizen than prosecution as an adult may be warranted but he killed a policemen who is highly trained and armed. If the policeman was not so complacent and was doing his job the outcome would have been different. The policeman has to accept some liability for his own demise. A civilized society does not incarcerate their children with adults for life it’s barbaric.
    In a civilized society, the teenagers would know right from wrong and not kill. He knows exactly what he did. He deserves to be tried as an adult.

You really need to stop puffing on the crack pipe you are destroying your brain cells. The Mayor has nothing to do with whether the young man note (the word man) is charged as an adult or a child idiot. You need to repeat 6th grade civics class and pay attention this time.

Mayor Foster now is not the time to give up on Nick Lindsey; he needs our help more than ever. If we send him to prison as an adult everyone looses.
    Well hi there. I see by the way you spell loses ("looses") that you must be the Gibbs High principal. On point, I respectfully disagree. The only slack I'm willing to cut is sparing him the death sentence.

Hey Bill, if you don't think you lost my vote in the next election for the way you FAILED to stand up to GO, the first, sencond, third, and fourth time, you really lost it now by your complete lack of any common sense. If you couldn't tell what a POS that kid was then you must be blind. Stop pandering to people and start telling it like it is, then I may re-consider in the next election. I hope you were just vote-getting when you made your comments. Want to get a whole lot of law abiding citizens behind you. Hold 1 more press conference and admit that what you really wanted to say is that this kid is one of the reasons we have prisons and there are probably a few thousand more in St Pete just like him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast