Time To Park Those Unmarked Take Home Cars? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Time To Park Those Unmarked Take Home Cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Ima taxpertoo
    Keep paying my salary jackoff and don't worry about my issued car. If you need us dial 911, otherwise SHUTUP.

this is exactly the attitude that hurts your credibility with the citizens. I am very pro law enforcement and I think you guys should have a fair retirement because you do an underappreciated job. but lets be honest. The use of your county issued vehicle for personal errands when not even going to or from your work day is just unacceptable. I cant for one minute believe the poster who claims to have seen CHILD SEATS in unmarked cars for personal use. there is no way a person that achieves the rank of detective would ever do something so stupid!

I will continue to support law enforcement but I will never support he use of government vehicles for personal or family use. it's just not right no matter what rank you are.

Please remember that when driving these vehicles off duty you must be dressed appropriately and respond to calls if needed. Many times the drivers of these cars will issue tickets and/or stop and assist stranded motorists. This is why this policy should continue.

So you mean to tell me the Deputies with child seats strapped in the back of their unmarked cars are galavanting around town on their day off with toddlers in tow are gonna stop and help during a law enforcement emergency?

Do you expect me to believe that a single one of you deputies will stop and issue a citation to a "motorist" when bee-bopping down the road in a county vehicle using county gas while driving their sons cub scout troop?

HOGWASH!!!

It is abusive and I know it will only get worse as gas prices rise. Way to go guys! That'll surely earn the admiration and respect of the citizens you have taken an oath to protect.

Quote Originally Posted by Dont Jerk My Chain(citizen)
    It is abusive and I know it will only get worse as gas prices rise. Way to go guys! That'll surely earn the admiration and respect of the citizens you have taken an oath to protect.
    So do think I should cancel my annual vacation with my family of five, to disney, the keys, and the Kennedy Space Center, with my county car??

The little baby does not like it when he sees others have cookies with more chocolate chips.
    Cry, little baby, cry.
    The little baby wails, "it's not fair!"
    Even if the extra chocolate chips are taken away from the others, the little baby finds he does not have more chocolate chips for himself. Feeling content now that others don't have more than the little baby does, the little baby returns to sucking on his pacifier in mommy's arms.
    Sleep, little baby, sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Dont Jerk My Chain(citizen)
    So you mean to tell me the Deputies with child seats strapped in the back of their unmarked cars are galavanting around town on their day off with toddlers in tow are gonna stop and help during a law enforcement emergency?

Do you expect me to believe that a single one of you deputies will stop and issue a citation to a "motorist" when bee-bopping down the road in a county vehicle using county gas while driving their sons cub scout troop?

HOGWASH!!!

So you have seen a child seat. Have you ever seen a child in that seat? Maybe the seat is for a child because that vehicle belongs to a person that works in the juvenile unit. Ever think about that?

Did you stop to think that maybe that seat can't go into the truck because we are required to carry stop sticks, flares, first aid kit, life vest, life line throw bag with a very long rope, vest, paperwork, SOPs.........and the list goes on. Thus someone that is assigned a child seats has no other place to put it other than to strap it in to the seat.

Child seat or not, this is and has been a total waste of taxpayers money for a very long time. I think each & every one of you with any common sense, know very well that this benefit has been taken advantage of and now abused to extreme levels. I have to agree with the poster who says this will only get worse now that gas prices have gone up. Don't act surprised when the media puts out a story on this abuse very soon and the office has to justify these abuses. Seems to me from the deputies I know at hcso, that the ones who have plain clothes assignments are always very arrogant & rude. Therefore it does not surprise me in the slightest that these appear to be the same deputies who are taking advantage of and abusing this benefit. Do you all really think that with all the economic woes and the tea party activists on the head hunt looking for abusive government spending, that this police will not soon be in the limelight? I can assure you that it will be and that only a fool will continue to drive his or hers family & friends around town on personal business. If you think you are immune from doing whats right and allowed to continually waste valuable resources, you have a BIG WAKE UP CALL COMING!

Oh lord not this topic again. I drive a marked patrol car and could really care less where I park the damned thing when I'm off duty. Based on where I live, where I patrol and where the nearest county parking lot is it would cost the office more in fuel cost if I had to park the thing away from my house. But by all means if you and the lords of discipline want me to park it in a specific place I'm cool with that. Like I've said before. I'll just drive to and from in my good ole personal pickup truck with some George Straight cranked up on the am/fm radio instead of listening to my issued hand held one and be quite happy. You think we have long response times now? Get rid of take homes either marked or unmarked and see how long it takes for us to get there and speak with someone about their babies daddy's aunt's uncle pissing them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Child seat or not, this is and has been a total waste of taxpayers money for a very long time. I think each & every one of you with any common sense, know very well that this benefit has been taken advantage of and now abused to extreme levels. I have to agree with the poster who says this will only get worse now that gas prices have gone up. Don't act surprised when the media puts out a story on this abuse very soon and the office has to justify these abuses. Seems to me from the deputies I know at hcso, that the ones who have plain clothes assignments are always very arrogant & rude. Therefore it does not surprise me in the slightest that these appear to be the same deputies who are taking advantage of and abusing this benefit. Do you all really think that with all the economic woes and the tea party activists on the head hunt looking for abusive government spending, that this police will not soon be in the limelight? I can assure you that it will be and that only a fool will continue to drive his or hers family & friends around town on personal business. If you think you are immune from doing whats right and allowed to continually waste valuable resources, you have a BIG WAKE UP CALL COMING!

I would love to know where you are coming up with your figures. Could you please tell us? When you do please also include the source. Also please post how many times did an off duty detective respond to a call, write a ticket, back up a fellow deputy or assist a tourist with directions to Busch Gardens.

And one last question, did you get a ticket from an off duty detective?

Until then just go away with your sour grapes dribble.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nitely Blog
    Oh lord not this topic again. I drive a marked patrol car and could really care less where I park the damned thing when I'm off duty. Based on where I live, where I patrol and where the nearest county parking lot is it would cost the office more in fuel cost if I had to park the thing away from my house. But by all means if you and the lords of discipline want me to park it in a specific place I'm cool with that. Like I've said before. I'll just drive to and from in my good ole personal pickup truck with some George Straight cranked up on the am/fm radio instead of listening to my issued hand held one and be quite happy. You think we have long response times now? Get rid of take homes either marked or unmarked and see how long it takes for us to get there and speak with someone about their babies daddy's aunt's uncle pissing them off.

I for one am not saying to take away take home cars from you guys. I am just asking that you not ride around town on your days off with the family in tow on my tax dollar. With the price of gas how on earth can you argue with em?

I challenge a single one of you to argue with me that it is fiscally responsible to allow deputies/detectives/command staff/ or even the sheriff himself to drive his or her family around town on personal time and personal errand all the while using county gas and causing wear and tear on that county vehicle?

Who in their right mind thinks the above is ok?

You must be suffering from some kind of mental retardation?

I'm sure I'll get one or two smart ass responses then the rest of you will try and move this post down so the media or one of the common sense members of government sees this post.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast