Florida Law Makers Take Aim At Busting Unions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Florida Law Makers Take Aim At Busting Unions

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    You are so wrapped up in yourself you have lost touch with what is happening in the real world.

Your tellin' a cop that they don't know whats happening in the real world? Seriously. Cops deal with the "real world" everyday on each and every call for service. Cops see the current economic situation and it's effects each and everyday. You may think were overpaid and don't deserve spit as far as pay and benefits but don't tell us we don't know nothing about the real world as you call it. A fair amount of us have also served in the military in far off places in the Real World defending your right to post stupid stuff and say stupid things and believe me we have seen the Real World there sparky.

Quit playing the politics of envy and be glad you have a job and job security.

No, actually you should be glad we have a job and job security or the world or at least our little part of it in good ole Hillsborough County would be a vastly different place.

Maybe you haven't noticed that Hillsborough County has started firing civilians as a part of a Reduction In Force.

The county has alot of open spots that have gone and will continue to go unfilled in order to save money. Those spots are open due to people leaving on their own accord and the county not filling them after their gone. I have'nt heard or seen anyone getting laid off as you say. I as I am sure all of us do not want to see anyone that is willing to work loose their job. The problem is that in todays society that there are to many lazy ass leaches that do not pay taxes and continue to live off of the government.

Stop whining..............

Cops don't whine. We vent and *****. :wink:

YOU REALLY WANT TO SAVE A TON OF MONEY? HOW ABOUT DOING AWAY WITH THE UNBELIEVABLY ABUSIVE POLICY THAT ALLOWS PLAIN CLOTHES DEPUTY'S AND DETECTIVES TO USE THEIR UNMARKED TAKE HOME CARS 24 HRS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK FOR PERSONAL BUSINESS. THIS POLICY BASICALLY COSTS HILLSBOROUGH TAXPAYERS EASILY OVER $20,000 DOLLARS A MONTH TO PROVIDE FREE GAS TO THESE OFFICERS, SO THAT THEY CAN GO GROCERY SHOPPING, TAKE THE FAMILY TO THE MOVIES, TAKES KIDS TO AND FROM SCHOOL AND ONE CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT ELSE THEY USE THESE CARS FOR OFF DUTY. THE $20,000 IS A VERY CONSERVATIVE NUMBER. THINK ABOUT IT, IF THEY ONLY USE $40.00 A WEEK IN GAS X4 =$120.00 X 200 CARS EQUALS $24,000 DOLLARS. AGAIN, THIS IS A LOW ASSUMPTION, SINCE THERE ARE MANY MORE THEN 200 UNMARKED CARS AND SOME USE MUCH MORE THEN $40 EXTRA A WEEK FOR PERSONAL USE WITH THESE HIGH GAS PRICES. HOW MANY MORE DEPUTYS COULD BE HIRED IF THIS POLICY WAS STOPPED AND HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN GAS MONEY WAS SAVED EACH YEAR.

YOU REALLY WANT TO SAVE A TON OF MONEY? HOW ABOUT DOING AWAY WITH THE UNBELIEVABLY ABUSIVE POLICY THAT ALLOWS PLAIN CLOTHES DEPUTY'S AND DETECTIVES TO USE THEIR UNMARKED TAKE HOME CARS 24 HRS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK FOR PERSONAL BUSINESS. THIS POLICY BASICALLY COSTS HILLSBOROUGH TAXPAYERS EASILY OVER $20,000 DOLLARS A MONTH TO PROVIDE FREE GAS TO THESE OFFICERS, SO THAT THEY CAN GO GROCERY SHOPPING, TAKE THE FAMILY TO THE MOVIES, TAKES KIDS TO AND FROM SCHOOL AND ONE CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT ELSE THEY USE THESE CARS FOR OFF DUTY. THE $20,000 IS A VERY CONSERVATIVE NUMBER. THINK ABOUT IT, IF THEY ONLY USE $40.00 A WEEK IN GAS X4 =$120.00 X 200 CARS EQUALS $24,000 DOLLARS. AGAIN, THIS IS A LOW ASSUMPTION, SINCE THERE ARE MANY MORE THEN 200 UNMARKED CARS AND SOME USE MUCH MORE THEN $40 EXTRA A WEEK FOR PERSONAL USE WITH THESE HIGH GAS PRICES. HOW MANY MORE DEPUTYS COULD BE HIRED IF THIS POLICY WAS STOPPED AND HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN GAS MONEY WAS SAVED EACH YEAR.
    Dude, there's already a topic on this subject on this board. Can you at least post your stuff under to right thread and keep your post on topic?

CORRECTION X4 = $160.00 DOLLARS A MONTH, MEANING EVEN WORSE COST.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nitely Blog
    You are so wrapped up in yourself you have lost touch with what is happening in the real world.

Your tellin' a cop that they don't know whats happening in the real world? Seriously. Cops deal with the "real world" everyday on each and every call for service. Cops see the current economic situation and it's effects each and everyday. You may think were overpaid and don't deserve spit as far as pay and benefits but don't tell us we don't know nothing about the real world as you call it. A fair amount of us have also served in the military in far off places in the Real World defending your right to post stupid stuff and say stupid things and believe me we have seen the Real World there sparky.

Quit playing the politics of envy and be glad you have a job and job security.

No, actually you should be glad we have a job and job security or the world or at least our little part of it in good ole Hillsborough County would be a vastly different place.

Maybe you haven't noticed that Hillsborough County has started firing civilians as a part of a Reduction In Force.

The county has alot of open spots that have gone and will continue to go unfilled in order to save money. Those spots are open due to people leaving on their own accord and the county not filling them after their gone. I have'nt heard or seen anyone getting laid off as you say. I as I am sure all of us do not want to see anyone that is willing to work loose their job. The problem is that in todays society that there are to many lazy ass leaches that do not pay taxes and continue to live off of the government.

Stop whining..............

Cops don't whine. We vent and *****. :wink:

You got it wrong Blog.

I am both a HCSO LEO and former military. The lecture about what it means to be a cop is lost on me, with over 20 years on the job. The reference ot the real world had to do with the incorrect claim that for the last few years the private sector employees were making money hand over fist during "boom times." The poster has failed to provide any statistics to demonstrate his claim. He wasn't living in the real world economically.

Wrapping yourself in the flag of "be glad I have a job so you are safe" is similarly lost on me. I gave no indication that I resented LEOs having jobs or that they were secure. However, I find the lack of compassion for those who have lost their jobs is disturbing. Particularly the reference to leaches who don't pay taxes.

As you say, the county has lots of open slots, including LEO slots, but they are also conducting a Reduction In Force. I have a civilian friend with NINETEEN YEARS WITH THE COUNTY who is being fired as a part of the county RIF. He, too is ex-military, is not lazy and also pays taxes.

The earlier poster wasn't venting..... he was whining.

.................................................. ...............

If you want documentation and figures I suggest you turn to the BOCC and Civil Service. For years they have been using the Hayes Study that compared the jobs of county employee's to those in the private sector. They would then set the pay rates at 50%, or the average. The rest was made up in the benefits given to the county worker.

Now they want to take away the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    If you want documentation and figures I suggest you turn to the BOCC and Civil Service. For years they have been using the Hayes Study that compared the jobs of county employee's to those in the private sector. They would then set the pay rates at 50%, or the average. The rest was made up in the benefits given to the county worker.

Now they want to take away the benefits.
    No........ YOU provide the statistics.

I'm not the one who said or believes that employees in the private sector have been "making money hand over fist in boom times" in recent years.

I don't support any attack on our benefits, but wild assertions annoy me so I speak up against them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12