What Happnend to the Thin Blue Line?

What Happnend to the Thin Blue Line?

I know now every LEO is like this but I gotta ask what The other Indiana State Troopers think. The other day my step father who is a retired LEO from Miami was driving in your state going the speed limit or a little under because of the weather. Another vehicle went to speed up on his left to pass him and an Indiana State Trooper was behind them. The trooper was speeding up to get the other vehicle when my step dads truck begian to fish tail because he hit black ice. At this point the truck spun went into the median and flipped over. It was totaled and step dad was not injured Thank GOD. The Trooper witnessed this. After all was said and done the Trooper issued him a Citation for Failure to Maintain control of the vehicle. Im profound by this because my step dad told him he was a Retired Leo and he has never had a ticket. Not to mention this was a single car accident. Is this how all Indiana State Troopers are ? I have never written another cop a ticket and I am a Florida Cop maybe its because I work for a County Sheriff and not a State Highway Patrol.
    I could totally understand if he did somethign to cause the accident but hitting black ice is un avoidable is it not?

either way to all my fellow LEOS be Safe

Re: What Happnend to the Thin Blue Line?

The thin blue line was not meant to be used as a symbol for police corruption but to identify the brotherhood of those who proudly wear the uniform in dedication to the principle of law in this great nation.

It is amazing that a brother in LE could write such a post questioning the honest work of an Indiana State Trooper. From his description his step father was clearly violating a traffic law which caused an accident, even though the only vehicle involved was his own.

The fact his step father was a retired LEO puts him in an exclusive bunch of individuals who should have worn a uniform proudly, but not as a liftime "get out of jail free" card to be treated differently from any other citizen. I can't blame him for letting the trooper know of his service for whatever consideration he might give it depending upon the severity of the crash. Apparently the trooper thought that he deserved a ticket. Instead of writing such a critical post which makes all of us who wore a uniform seem to be a bunch that thinks the laws don't apply to them, I would think a post praising the work of this fine trooper would be more appropriate.

It is stories like this which should give the citizens of Indiana pride in those troopers who are dedicated to doing their job in fairness and equality without favoritism to any individual because of his role in life. My dedication to that principle was instilled in me at the young age of 21 as a member of the 1955 ISP Academy, and while I resigned during the schooling for a personal reason, later to return to a police career in Florida, the HONOR of being accepted to the Academy of the finest law enforcement agency in the nation never left me. On my return every year to my Hoosier state, I still get emotional when I see the gold stripe on a ISP commission roll by. And if I by chance I am involved in anything which calls for a ticket to be written by a trooper, I would want to frame it as a reminder of the
    to the fair and impartial treatment shown to everyone by these fine LE professionals.

I can understand how some ex-cops from politically administered agencies like county sheriff's dance to a different tune, one of picking and choosing depending on the political good generated by those decisions. It is always good to read about the fine work of the ISP.

when you said finest agency I thought you were talking about NYPD or Nassau or Suffolk counties in NY.SOME GET THE BOTHERHOOD SOME DON'T.

...they ALL aren't like that. Trust me!