vest

Thread: vest

vest

Why do I see so many officers and deputies not wearing a vest????? Considering the recent events it really bothers me. You all have been picked to serve and protect. Does that not include your selfs?????Dont be stupid wear a vest and if it doesnt fit or feel right loose some freaking weight...... Be safe not stupid!

Re: vest

I was in local law enforcement for over 30 years most of it in patrol. The wearing of a vest should be up to the individual officer. We live in Florida which is a hot & humid climate not conducive to wearing those kelvar ovens. I knew the risk I was taking just because you wear a vest doesn't make you bullet proof. Just look at the the law enforcement officers that had died wearing vests, I know of six in the last year or so that have been shot wearing vests and died. I personally had a medical condition which flared up when my body over heated from wearing a vest. Vests are not magic and are not effective all the time. Therefore, it is a trade off for comfort and easy mobility as compared to restricted movement and overheating. The wearing of a vest is best left to the individual.

Re: vest

I agree not wearing a vest should be up to the member but come on,,,,,sex without a condom feels better too but you better not tag a Gateway lot lizard without one! :devil: