DUI arrest
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DUI arrest

DUI arrest

For the officers that arrested the deputy for DUI, I am embarassed for you. We do not arrest other cops for simple DUI. Where is your brotherhood? For the Deputy that was arrested hang in there.

Re: DUI arrest

Miami, I read you loud and clear. I don't know what is being taught at the academy up there, but discretion and professional courtesy is not. Must be a South Florida thing, but we take care of our own down here. That fat, disgusting dep would have a blanket party down here real quick. Makes me sick!!! Wake up people. There is alternate options to arresting a brother in blue/green whatever. That trash made the news all the way down here.

What is the other option?

I understand professional courtesy but DUI is unacceptable by anyone.

yes, DUI is not cool for anyone, but we are all humans and make mistakesYu ask what are other options. Have you always drove the speed limit, always used your blinker, ever got a discount on a meal........ of course we all have. right or wrong it's life. If he is DUI you park his car and let him call a ride home.

We all have things that bug us. Some cops are big on drugs, traffic, dui, children crimes, etc... I just hope he's not one of those cops who leads the district in DUI arrests and when you hang with him on his off time, he is plastured almost all the time (and driving). DUI is a misdemeanor. The great State of Florida has given us something called discretion on misdemeanors. If I give Joe Blow the Publix employee a break for a traffic offense (or weed residue), then why wouldn't I give a brother a break on a DUI. Considering that no accident took place (no harm/ no foul). Remember that DUI is an opinionated crime. It's YOUR opinion that the perp is DUI.

I remember when I was on FTO (Over ten years ago) and we stopped a cop for speeding. It wasn't a bad one, guy was respectful and he was only going about 13 over. He badged me and I told him to be safe out there. When we got back into the car, I asked my FTO if he would ever give another cop a ticket. Without any hesitation, my FTO said "no". I further questioned my FTO and asked him "what if he was going 100 mph in a 45?". Again without any hesitation, "NO". I then asked "what if he's going 150 mph and he was DUI?". FTO said, get em a ride home. That has stuck with me until this day, and I remember that when I deal with a LEO I always have the option of discretion. Am I right? Am I wrong? I don't know, but I sleep good at night knowing that I have made the right choice.

We are here for public. If I took a drunk driver out from the streets tonight, then I did the public right. I have done my job. Either I arrested someone for the offense, or I removed him/her from the road, I did my job. Did I HAVE to punish someone for driving drunk? That's up to me. But as long as I can help it, I won't arrest another LEO for an opinionated crime. Love me, hate me. I don't care, but again I'm going to sleep good at night knowing that I did the right thing.

Stay Safe,
    City Kitty

who was the d/s, where was it and how drunk was the suspect

Broward Deputy you could not have said it any better. Where is the brotherhood? There is none here in South Florida. Cops arresting cops, how pathetic.

Brotherhood and Camaraderie has been found again. I belong to an exclusive organization that has brought brotherhood and camaraderie back into law enforcement. Only 10% of any agency's sworn can join. Everyone looks out for each other and is considered a "brother" for life. It's kind of like the Masons but for cops. If you don't have a chapter in your area, you should call them and get one started. 800-252-1920.

Lets not forget....We put our lives on the line for each other on a daily basis.

Wow, I never thought I would see such disgrace among the ranks. So let me get this straight, to become a LEO you have to have a pretty clean record and stand out as some of the most truthful citizens who are a example of integrity. Yet it seems most of you will not hold each other to the same standard as the citizens you protect? I'm sure most of you know the degree of devastation a DUI accident can cause, but here you seem to shrug it off as a simple misdemeanor and use the excuse of discretion to puss out and not do your job bc you think you'll get a bad rep...OR it's because you dui also and hope one day if/when you're caught you'll get some slack. I'm all about professional courtesy, things like speeding, questionable red light runs, stop signs, etc...but DUI is a character flaw and should raise red flags all one the place. "Oh, we all make bad choices sometimes..." yea, well this shouldn't be one of them.

Yet you guys wonder why no one has any respect for cops anymore....sonofa***** yall are stupid!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast