under the citrus county string - Page 3
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: under the citrus county string

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Way to go. Do you want to tell everyone else our rules? Think before you type! :x

PUBLIC INFORMATION...! OUR RULES ARE PUBLIC INFORMATON!!!
    The stature things like caseloads for certain cases even though it isn't followed are and general things but not certain supervision things - that is why it says restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by IF IT BLEEDS, IT LEADS
    CPT I agree that policy is broken, however do you seriously believe that this reporter wants to help us. heck no , here is his bottom line IF IT BLEEDS IT LEADS.I live in the CH 8 viewing area and in fact it is the station I watch nightly. ( I Miss Bob Hite) Are they better then any other when it comes to sensational broad heck no . What they want is a story that will help them during sweep weeks. We do not need to be there story, unless it is a story about us needing more resources to effectively do this job.

The policy stinks for sure , i will not armchair quaterback anyone , each office and area is different. We would have cuffed her because that is what we do in my office. Write me up if you want to , but trust me i be the first one to tell the media about the write up.

The person who killed this lady is a offender, not a policy.
    I am sure that Barbara S will be short term rd because of this, so be it . Not my problem , my problem is give me more officers on the street and less buracratic bs to deal with. With the invention of the computer, we no longer need Region or Circuit offices , waste of money . Give me probation officers. You need a new policy to be implemented, send me a email.
    Currently there are 850 people working in central Office in Tallahassee, not one of them supervise a criminal. Mr Douglas, you want a story , find out why there are so many people working in one building, making policy after policy after worthless policy. Make that bleed into more probation officers on the street.
    This is a good post.

Except you miss a few major points.

Of course headline news is based on what sells. This story sells on two points: A woman needlessly died and we ****ed up.

We can either use this to tell the world why, or we can sit back and let it occur again, and again, and again and again and again.

Yes, the person that killed Ms Haynie (she had a name) was an offender and she killed this lady because our policy has given rise to a social worker mentality that is only one part of a two part mission. Central office even after being told time after time, after time, after time- ignored repetitive words of warning (even after other previous horror stories) and went about their way. If we can get this story out as well as the blood and the gore that sells, well then- we're making headway.

When this story started there was no mention about chain involvement. Now look at it.

You know how I tell if part of the chain posts on this topic? They call us chirping crikets. Chirping crikets killed Mubarek and Co.

Barbara Scala is your problem. Because there is another Scala waiting in the wings to take over.

We need all the things you speak about. How do we get them?

the chain? The legislature who listens to the chain? The IG whose under the chain?

PBA?

If the media uses us, let's use them.

I didn't want to beleive you.

I do now.

Some of you need to get a life Zero tolerance is gone and this won't become a big story becuse the Dept blames the offender now like they should. Crosby and his idiotic policies are gone.

Some of you need to get a life Zero tolerance is gone and this won't become a big story becuse the Dept blames the offender now like they should. Crosby and his idiotic policies are gone.

This is not about Zero tolerance or Crosby rules. This is about doing what is right and all the warning signs were screaming at them that day. We are called to protect the public not to turn the other way and hope for the best.

I could point out stuff with a hundred other cases if they decided to do something crazy also. Unless they get crazy and make us run RC's on every office visit which I doubt things will happen sometimes. Just think of all the people that did something crazy not long after a cop saw them acting funny but didn't baker act them etc. The bottom line is they would overreact with the policy change and besides they will never let you start playing cop in the office so forget about that happening.

Things will be changing very soon. Those who you who dont want to be a leo might want to start looking for a new JOb.

Quote Originally Posted by 1vl95gwp
    Things will be changing very soon. Those who you who dont want to be a leo might want to start looking for a new JOb.
    They will privatize us before that ever happens. DOC learned their lesson finally after zero tolerance.

Here is the problem folks: communication, policy interpretation. Up until a few weeks ago, we had multiple RD's and still have our CA's that run their circuits in different ways. Some circuits are more proactive and some are more social work oriented. I am not saying either is wrong. I believe we need to be both. We have officers (me being 1) that is scared to do an arrest in certain situations, but scared not to. Not as in physically scared, but politically scared. The departments policies are just vague enough to always cover their ass. If you arrest someone and something goes bad, you the officer is in trouble. If you do not arrest and the offender does something big; then why didn't you arrest them? I am very proactive as I was a police officer before DOC.

Unfortunately, to be safe; You have to put it on your supervisor etc. If you believe they need to be arrested, go to your sup. Then CN the hell out of it either way. Should it be this way? No. Unfortunately, liability is the issue in all LE jobs. ****Also, we always have people on here arguing or starting stuff about wannabees or social workers. Come on folks. We have bigger issues right now with our benefits etc. If you want the answer to that. We are both. We try to help the offender stay on track, if not; Lockem up. I teach at local colleges as well, recidivism will be our down fall if we don't do something. We need to lock up who we need to. We as the officers know who they are, we know them better than anyone in the CJ system. That's my .02 worth. Take or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1vl95gwp
    Unfortunately, I think we will be going to even more of the social work mode. The Egghead doesn't care about some ham and egger dying. He only cares about saving money for his millionaire freinds!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast