I had to read the new updated SOP involving Off-Duty Carry several times to make sure I understood the new changes. I am not the least bit happy with the changes, which in my opinion will result in much less deputies carrying off-duty firearms. It appears that unless you plan on carrying a .40 caliber pistol in a approved holster, you will be up the creek w/o a paddle. With society as crazy and violent as it is today, why would you decide to suddenly make off-duty carry so strict? This is another perfect example of not using any common sense. With this new updated SOP, I have several questions that would be great if somebody in the know could answer.

(1) Does this SOP take immediate affect, without giving time for deputies to meet the new stricter guidelines?

(2) How does this SOP affect someone who possesses a Concealed Weapons Permit?

(3) How does this SOP affect our Ammendment Rights to Bear Arms like any other citizen, as long as we follow all state & federal laws?

(4) Does this SOP mean that we will have to purchase our own off-duty ammunition to qualify with and carry if we possess any other gun besides a .40 caliber?

(5) Isn't it very impractical to restrict deputies to such a heavy caliber off-duty gun & holster when we live in a state that requires comfortable & loose clothing due to the climate?

(6) How do we go about immediately qualifying with off-duty guns other than the Glock 22?

(7) Is the range going to have the appropriate manpower and space to handle the amount of deputies that will need to meet the new guidelines?

(8) Will this be considered Paid Duty Time in order to meet the new guidelines?

(9) Why is this new SOP so strict, when we should be encouraging deputies to carry off duty?

(10) I am sure that I probably have other questions, but question #9 just made me to mad to think staright. Thanks in advance to those who may have the answers to some or all of the above questions.