Hiring experienced Officers - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Hiring experienced Officers

Quote Originally Posted by 10 yr LEO
    The website says no positions. Have they been filled? What is the starting pay?
    Wow, the only post directed at the intent of this thread is ignored so you clowns can bicker.

Thanks - but no thanks anyway.

Winter Garden is the last place you want to go. They brag about how their starting pay is the most but they have no step plan and you're stuck at that starting pay forever. And by the looks of what they put their officers through, is the starting pay really worth it? Come on over to County where you wont be stuck in patrol for the rest of your life and you will see what real law enforcement is about. We got room for you to Mr. Outspoken.

Stop drinking the Kool Aid if you think the tiny lil' Winter Garden Police Department is the best agency in Orange County. Yeah, your so much better than Orange County S.O. or Orl PD...NOT. WGPD is a place for a rookie with no prior but hit Orange or Seminole County or Orlando or Tampa PD when you get a few years in at Winter Garden for more money, action,prestige and the ability to move around and work more than just patrol.

Perfect Deputy and Guest, I am sorry you fill that way about Winter Garden. I think that we are one of, if not the best agecies in all of Florida. As far as a step program, we don't need it. How is the step program working out for OCSO? The last time I was talking to your Unioun Reps, I beleive they said it has been 3-4 years since their last raise. I just think that it is funny that if you are so happy with your organization that you have to go on other agencies blogs to bash them? It may be that the old saying is correct "Those that are not happy, can not be happy for the ones that are.".I don't beleive that I have made any negative comments about your agency, so why all the hostility? As far latteral movenment, there is plenty in this agency. I guess I am the type of person that doesnt like coming to work and disappearing. I enjoy the small family we have here and knowing your work ethic does not go unnoticed. Again I wish you the best and hope that you stay safe on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Positive Attitude 1
    As far as a step program, we don't need it.

Could you please expalin this comment to me. I'm thinking about applying to the WGPD, Ocoee, Orlando, Clermont and Winter Park. I'm just not understanding if there is more to the salary scale than the black and white I've read.

Thank You

[quote=A Recruit]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Positive Attitude 1":245az8pk
    As far as a step program, we don't need it.

Could you please expalin this comment to me. I'm thinking about applying to the WGPD, Ocoee, Orlando, Clermont and Winter Park. I'm just not understanding if there is more to the salary scale than the black and white I've read.

Thank You[/quote:245az8pk]

A step program outlines what you will make each year. Normally an agency has a ten step program. What that means is you can see what you are going to make at year one, two three and so forth if you stay in the current position. The only advise that I could give you is do not pick an agency due to the salary. You really need to look at the whole picture before stepping up. Little things like college reimbersment is huge. Take Winter Garden, we do full reimbersment at the state rate through a Masters Degree, where county only gives you $1000 per year. That barely covers one semester. So really weigh your options.

So whatever a new officer starts at WGPD is what he makes until the city council or chief or chooses to give you a raise? Does this mean you could be stuck at the same rate of pay for an indefinite amount of time especially due to the current economic climate? I do think the educational incentive is a bonus. Thanks for your time positive attitude, be safe.

I'm glad that you were able to talk to our Union Reps about our last raise. Did you also discuss how to get a Union over there at Winter Garden to prevent your officers from getting screwed over b/c if you need any info on Unions I will be glad pass it along. I hear that kid that was terminated for taking military leave still has your department by the balls and yall are paying big bucks for a lawyer. No wonder you guys havent gotten a raise.

I guess Winter Garden will be in the next news headlines.

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/news/f ... .html?ne=1

I can personally speak on this topic...FTO Officers there want to sleep under a tree while the rookie writes reports lol part of training I guess. Or maybe we can hang out behind the supermarket so they can have a smoke break and the public doesn't see them. They may also want to sit behind the only Motel in the City and text their wife and speak to them in baby talk...Great pay but unless you are willing to spend you entire career on Patrol find another agency.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12