Old School
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Old School

Old School

What the hell has happened to this agency. The days of showing drug dealers who's in charge I guess is over. I cant believe what I am seeing. This ridiculous use of force policy, fear of running code becuz of the crash policy, and instilling fear into newbies over being sued has made us laughing stocks when it comes to dealing with criminals. When I see dopers getting in the face of a deputy and just stands there and takes it makes me thank god that my days are few in this office. What happen to the days when they respected the white shirts and even more the green team. Its not the newbies its the way their being trained and the ridiculous policies from the command staff who are more concerned with being sued than fighting crime and instilling respect back into this office. What a sad day, Sheriff Gee has lost control of this county and doesnt even know it. Crime stats arent everything and playing with ucr numbers doesnt tell the truth of what really is happening in this county. We are ripe for a riot in the hood, they have no respect and no fear anymore of what might happen and that is all on the shoulders of the command staff.

Re: Old School

Sounding more and more like St. Pete everyday...denial.

To top things off, one of our jail deputies, Greg Brown, broke his leg while wrestling with two guys brawling in his jail pod yesterday. He will need surgery to repair the injury. What really set me off was the remarks by Col Previtara, who was boasting that deputy Brown was one of the faster runners in the agencies fitness course? That would be great if he needed to run from these guys I guess! It also showed, once again, that just because you can run fast, like this command staff wants, it does you NO GOOD in a struggle on the street or in the jail! Maybe if deputy Brown had some size to him, he would not have had to break his leg to quell the situation. This is not a knock on Brown, just another of many knocks on this command staffs arrogance about that silly 2.5 mile run course.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Sounding more and more like St. Pete everyday...denial.
    Only difference is that St. Pete PD is improving while HCSO strives to take it's place. I can't believe how fast HCSO has gone down hill and taken the morale and all common sense with it. I too agree that UCR is a joke. Ask the citizens how they feel about crime levels in their neighborhood right now or ask the Deputies answering all the calls for service on the street. Concentrate on the Deputies that were at the office for at least 7 years, so that they can tell you whether they answer more or less calls for service and whether they honestly believe that crime has gone down. I bet the answer will not be surprising to the Deputies out on the front line, who have to continually answer the "why's" to the growing number of dissatisfied citizens who have more frequently become victims of crime.

I can t remember the last pursuit Ive heard on a shift mids. Why is that, because nobody wants to be monday morning quarterbacked by the command staff. The troops know its a no win scenario and so do the front line sups. Just look at the last b shift pursuit when they called it off because of excessive speeds. No sh*t sherlock, most pursuits are excessive speeds but the powers to be would have hammered the deputy and most sups dont even allow u to chase for sig 100 because of the grief they get from above. That pursuit was picked up by Pinellas SO who didnt think the speeds were too excessive and basically had to do our job for us because the command staff has tied our hands so much with their bs policies. Haa, again the wussification of this office is sickening. Instead of a white shirt lets all start wearing pink so we dont intimidate the criminals in good old hillsborough county.

WOW, St Pete PD is improving? Where in gods name did you get that information??? On the outside chance that information is true, they are hiring too! And please any attempts to compare HCSO to SPPD are a direct insult to HCSO. TRUST ME ON THIS. Find something else to complain about! Like.....Who am I kidding, you don't need help finding things to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by In The Know
    WOW, St Pete PD is improving? Where in gods name did you get that information??? On the outside chance that information is true, they are hiring too! And please any attempts to compare HCSO to SPPD are a direct insult to HCSO. TRUST ME ON THIS. Find something else to complain about! Like.....Who am I kidding, you don't need help finding things to complain about.
    Now i know you smoke crack HCSO is a joke compared to SPPD. Keep up the great work douche boys.

Gil, this is LEOaffairs, not STRINGERaffairs. Why don't you grow up and quit coming on here and insulting the very people that swore an oath to protect your sorry ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    To top things off, one of our jail deputies, Greg Brown, broke his leg while wrestling with two guys brawling in his jail pod yesterday. He will need surgery to repair the injury. What really set me off was the remarks by Col Previtara, who was boasting that deputy Brown was one of the faster runners in the agencies fitness course? That would be great if he needed to run from these guys I guess! It also showed, once again, that just because you can run fast, like this command staff wants, it does you NO GOOD in a struggle on the street or in the jail! Maybe if deputy Brown had some size to him, he would not have had to break his leg to quell the situation. This is not a knock on Brown, just another of many knocks on this command staffs arrogance about that silly 2.5 mile run course.
    You make a good point about running distances, in preparation for SOT I lost unbelievable amounts of original strength because of the emphasis on running and laughable metabolic conditioning. The agency needs to address this, maybe moving back to entry requirements that have candidates being able to push/pull more than their own body weight. This is much more of a real world life saver for deputies - weighing 140 Lbs and being able to run a good 2.5 mile IMO is not :roll:

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast