Comm Center
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comm Center

Comm Center

PCSO trying to do whatever they can to infiltrate Clearwater some more...

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafe ... ns/1136640

Re: Comm Center

Here is one for you....CPD is hiring their own crime scene techs, and is storing and collecting our own evidence and as far as the transports go.....that is a grant that is funded by the govt. I would not be worried about the comm center just yet, we will be cutting costs elsewhere thus reducing money going to PCSO.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Here is one for you....CPD is hiring their own crime scene techs, and is storing and collecting our own evidence and as far as the transports go.....that is a grant that is funded by the govt. I would not be worried about the comm center just yet, we will be cutting costs elsewhere thus reducing money going to PCSO.

Get your own helicopters and pilot's while your at it!

It's o.k. Pcso just lost 8 million in funding from the Feds, so you can't buy gas for your helicopter anyways.. Sorry guys budgets ate tight everywhere.

Maybe pcso can take over our homeless shelter when they get theirs up and running. I don't think we would have a problem giving them that. They have got to be nuts.

The chief deputy has spouted off some very false information regarding CPD's ability to run the comm center and the costs involved. Also , he has stated that Clearwater is not ready to comply with the 2013 FCC deadline. This is also incorrect. Once again this is a scare tactic the media is buying. This is coming from the same department where the sheriff tried to scare the county commission by stating " if you don't give me what I want there will be blood and guts in the streets". So, far I havent seen any more blood and guts in the street from the budget cuts than is normal for Pinellas County. I have compiled a wealth of statistical data that contradicts everything the chief deputy says regarding CPD communications. I really hope he keeps pushing the issue so I can blast him at a city commision meeting and make him look stupid. This will lessen his credability for when he runs for sheriff. Keep up the good work CPD.

Not sure who covers the Power Company for Clearwater but you could do like Lakeland did decades ago by paying for the helo with Power/Utilities and PD money together. The power company will use it during the day and PD uses it at night. Cuts the cost of owning one in half.

We do not need to, we can simply call yours, at your expense...................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast