Evals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evals

Evals

Some State Agencies have recd their evals. It seems to be common knowldge that some of the State Agencies have been told that supervisors cannot give an overall score of 3.5. Are you guys having the same problem. ? We have already documented the problems and are taking action. Wondering if your divison has any of these problems? Please dont use this for bashing, just actual facts so we can correct the problem and have it addressed.

Re: Evals

You work for plAyBT, don't you?

no I dont.. but where I work really doesnt matter. WE have been told in our agency that no one gets above 3.5 on evals.. that is the key to what the complaints are. We are looking to see what other State Agencies are doing ref evals.. ref the same mandate from Tally along with "stats". Look at an e-mail from 2008 that explains the eval change. This mandate effects everyone no matter what or where you work.

I guess you're right, but I really don't know. I don't get outstanding pay, so I won't give outstanding service. 3.0-3.4 is just fine for me.

Before you start touting about how that attitude is what keeps us behind, remember that the legislature doesn't give a rat's ass about any state employee. No raises for 5 years is an absolute disgust. No step or merit increase system is a disgust. Realize that when we work overtime, we can only get paid in comp time of some sort; that's not just a disgust, it's illegal.

And now, with a whole new admin, we will have to see what more is in store. Reductions in FRS, pay more for health, possible loss of DROP...bottom line, get ready.

I would shoot for that 4.0+, but why should I when I'm only going to get kicked over and over?

Boo Hoo Hoo, do you have a job? Do you have benefits? Did you not join to make a difference? If the answer to any of these questions is NO, then you need to go somewhere else. Somewhere that appreciates all of you piss poor complaining and continued disgust with the State. Go wallow in your self pitty else where. I hear FDLE is hiring...........

Tell you what: come along with me to the next fire, so you can walk shin-deep in toxic crud while inhaling toxic fumes, and quite possibly under an unsafe roof. I'll lend you a shovel so you can help me dig through it for about, ooohhh...3-4 hours.

Make sure your boots are water proof and puncture resistant, 'cuz otherwise you might lose a foot. Oh, before I forget, the call may be in any weather, at 2 AM, and maybe a few counties away.

I'm thankful for my job, and I love what I do. All I ask of the state is to compensate me accordingly, and that isn't an unreasonable request. It would be nice to be able to look forward to at least a cost of living increase each year and maybe a few (5-10) hours of overtime every month.

If you love your job, you are one of few in this country. Stop complaining. It is not that I do not agree with you desire for a raise, I beleive we all deserve a raise. Just tell me where they are going to get the money. All 50 States are in the same shape we all are. It is awful, but there is no money without higher taxes. Therefore any raise we get will get taken back by Obama and the State for taxes. Reducing excess spending like travel and weapons that only some of us really need, and all the other bull crap politically correct spending will not even get us out of dept, let alone give us a raise. We must all stop complaining and be happy for what we have. We will only eat ourselves up then start attacking each other. I for one do not see this turning around for us for at least another 4 or 5 years. but until then, we are very lucky to have a job, benefits, even if they shrink, and a way to support our families. Many families live on much less then we do I understand, and they do not face the dangers we face. But that is what seperates us from the common people. We are Proud.

You're right, but what was the excuse before the recession?

I do love my job, I am lucky, and the other states are in similar situations; but Florida has mistreated its workforce for many years on this issue. They may not be able to financially support it now, but they can make legislative changes set to take place later on. They can make changes that will have immediate impact as well. The powers that be have never cared enough, and that is the truth.

In the past years prior to the economic fall, other states, counties, and cities gave their people compensation. And where were we? Not in the same category, I'll tell you that much.

I responded to the poster's original question in what I will now say was a smart-ass remark. However, I will stick to my guns and say that evals don't matter, as long as you pass. Whether or not they can give out 4's and 5's is moot when you won't be compensated for it anyways. Like I alluded to in another response, the state does whatever it wants, and always will. Go ahead and beat yourself up working like a pack-mule for a 4 or 5 on your eval, but be careful you don't burn yourself out.

I say we give bob cliff a -.5 and his running buddy dougy a -.25. they can then go to jail.

don;t forget corbett...... can you spell butt kisser and loser..... I hope the new cfo sees his quickly for what he really is, an empty uniform. how did he ever get promoted. DIF was his rabbi card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast