Cost savings

Thread: Cost savings

Cost savings

I have an idea on how to save some money for our budget. Why not get rid of our Commander in charge of communications? I am tired of getting dozens of emails blaming software and program issues. How many times does the radio system go down each day and night? I am guessing we can save over $100,000 a year by eliminating her position and get someone is there that knows what the are doing and do it right the first time.

Re: Cost savings

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I have an idea on how to save some money for our budget. Why not get rid of our Commander in charge of communications? I am tired of getting dozens of emails blaming software and program issues. How many times does the radio system go down each day and night? I am guessing we can save over $100,000 a year by eliminating her position and get someone is there that knows what the are doing and do it right the first time.
    Where are we gonna get eye candy from. I am not for this and will fight you every step of the way. You must be out your mind.

why are so many dispatchers leaving or planning to get out of here?

Who cars about the dispatchers? What about the cops leaving or trying to get out? As a tax paying citizen I demand to know what CCPD is doing to keep officers in Cape Coral.

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Cape Citizen
    Who cars about the dispatchers? What about the cops leaving or trying to get out? As a tax paying citizen I demand to know what CCPD is doing to keep officers in Cape Coral.
    Anyone that has some smarts already took the buyout or went to the feds or another local agency.

Here's what the dept is doing to keep talent:
    Cut pay
    Cut benefits
    Cut training
    Cut equipment
    Buy a $100 million building

And if you bought a house in the last few years, you get to lose money on that too. The cape is a sinking ship, anyone not actively trying to get out is a self defeatist. Nobody is "stuck", you choose your own destiny.

But speaking of retention, they did keep two fine officers for over a year after finding out they were involved in organized crime. However, if you talk back to the citizens you are fired!

You should get out and look elsewhere if you are less than 5 years. You are working for nothing. Dont get caught up in this place.