New Chief - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Chief

Re: New Chief

Thanks, we should but our City Hall can't seem figure out what would be the best thing to do.

Well looks like we will be working for Chief Terry Lewis very soon!!! He will be cleaning some house from I already heard!! :cop:

Quote Originally Posted by Done Deal
    Well looks like we will be working for Chief Terry Lewis very soon!!! He will be cleaning some house from I already heard!! :cop:
    Not so fast. Dave Gustafson has also announced that he will be applying and he appears to have a better rep than Lewis. McGoogan might throw his hat in the ring as well, but I have no official confirmation. Gustafson was at yesterday's city council meeting. I voted for him for Sheriff and I think he'd make a good chief for what it's worth. McGoogan would not be a bad choice, either.

There's also a former New England police chief floating around, Randy Mineo. He currently works in the New York State insurance fraud squad something or other. I've met him several times and gotten to know both he and his wife -- good solid folks and I trust him.

Based on some other things I know, I think Gustafson has the inside track, not Lewis, despite what the H-T wrote -- they needed a pic to go with the story, so Lewis' pic was published.

Gustafson has no experience to be a Chief of even a campus p.d.! The guy is a wannabe, that will never get a Chief or elected position!

Quote Originally Posted by Done Deal
    Nice piece of grandstanding by the North Port Chief..... Glad to see nothing has changed with him....

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...w-police-chief

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...TICLE/12171019

Quote Originally Posted by rats nest
    Regarding TL: He's a shoo-in for VPD and his hands will be tied-up there. Would he ever want to run for sheriff of Sarasota County in the future??? Who knows!!!! But he's certainly setting himself up to have a good track record to become the next sheriff. He'll have countywide name recognition, in addition to being the chief at two of our municipal police departments. He'd be a shoo-in if he ran for sheriff. However, he he becomes our sheriff, then I'm quittin!!!! :shock:
    Terry Lewis jumped the gun and incorrectly fired that NPPD 911 operator, but then NPPD had to hire her back because TL's firing was bad, so now TL has egg on his face. The NPPD 911 operator is also suing the City of North Port, so the NP commissioners are very unhappy with him and they've basically asked TL to "leave quietly."

Why would the Venice counsel members want to hire TL after that fiasco??? Why wouldn't TL want to stay at NPPD instead of jumping to a different city? Answer: TL is jumping the NPPD ship because the City of North Port doesn't want him there anymore!!! And neither does the City of Venice!!!

:devil:

Dear Venice city council...please please please hire Mr. Gustafson... Then you can have all his croonies from the SSO both current, retired and fired apply with you. You will also receive a certain fired SSO employee turned computer web site designer as your IT guy. As an added bonus his transition team will be certain "cooks" involved with the CALTROP watch dog group. It is not that he has any "real" supervisory or police experience it is just that it will occupy his and his band of malcontent nut jobs time and which should cause the hits on the SSO part of this board to drop off dramatically.... :devil:

Talking Re: New Chief

Here's a pic of TL shaking your hand:

http://impacthiringsolutions.com/car...ack-hg-wht.gif

:devil:

Dave Gustafson HAS NOT put his resume in (yet, anyway), as reported by the H-T and copied by the Gondo.

Several others, including Lewis, have, and their names can be found here: http://venfl.blogspot.com/2010/12/2010-12-20.html

Chief Lewis would be the greatest thing that happens to VPD... Maybe a good house cleaning is just what the doctor ordered. He has done wonderws with Nort Port PD. Go TL you get my vote. The others caouldn't hold his jock.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast