Patrol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patrol

Patrol

This post was deleted at the request of the original author.

Re: Patrol

hey bud, i talked to you this morning on the phone. just wanted to say me and your fellow shift mates no you are an awsome cop and we would fight through every ring of hell to be by your side. keep up the good work. LOVE YA BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you know I'll run calls with you brother and I dont even work the same friggin shift! :devil:

This post was deleted at the request of the original author.

Smile Re: Patrol

Hey "original poster"...remember this one thing...NEVER, I MEAN NEVER LET THIS JOB DEFINE WHO YOU ARE!!!" Don't do the job for your shiftmates....don't do it for your supervisors...don't do it for your administration and don't do it for your Chief...do it because YOU ARE A POLICE OFFICER!! You have nothing to prove to anyone, ONLY YOURSELF!! At the end of the day, your the one that has to look at yourself in the mirror and ask, "did I do my job as the public expected". Seems in our department, we have forgotten that...and sadly, i''m just as guilty...but that's something i've come to admit and I will make sure to correct!! We have forgotten we don't WORK for Chief Wade...though he leads our department, we work alongside him, as a so called team!!! WE WORK FOR THE TAX PAYERS!! PERIOD!! Seems Chief Wade has forgotten that very thing!! Look at it this way as I have recently, it's just a job...your not under any contract nor do you owe anyone anything or any explaination. You've been here long enough to where you've paid your dues!! If the administration can't see the true value in it's officers, GO SOMEWHERE WHERE THEY DO!!! It's a big world out there!! Then, when the city has lost it's good officers such as yourself, the city will suffer and the only one to blame at that point is the man leading the team. I love this place as much as you but, i'm thinking it may just be about time to cash in my chips and take what's left of my hard earned winnings elsewhere where i'm appreciated! Remember this, "the grass may not always be greener on the other side, BUT, there are places where it's well fertilized and well maintained!" I'd go to battle along side you anytime brother in blue!! :cop:

I do wonder though....who in the city DID get the BIG BONUS??? Sure wasn't me!!! :evil:

True blue brother, i just read your reply and frankly im kinda confussed. You said he has been at the department long enough to have paid his dues and that he should only work for himself and no one else. then you said you woud go to battle with him any time but then tell him "GO SOMEWHERE ELSE". maybe im just misunderstanding what your meaning is. if you would please clarify that for me so i can determine weather i like you or not! :lol: also, i understand we dont work for the chief but we also do not work for the tax payers. we work at the mercy of the city manager "the one who has the power to hire and fire", and god help you if the chief goes to the city manager and proposed you be terminated. remember we all have families and toys that we must pay for. yes we work for ourselves "because we love this job" but we also work for our shiftmates because out there in the dark streets, we have no one else.

just remember we love ya original poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! :cop:

sorry, true blue brother, i must apolagize, after reading your post several more times i understand what you were saying and realize you wasnt being mean :lol: i apolagize again. good day sir

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    True blue brother, i just read your reply and frankly im kinda confussed. You said he has been at the department long enough to have paid his dues and that he should only work for himself and no one else. then you said you woud go to battle with him any time but then tell him "GO SOMEWHERE ELSE". maybe im just misunderstanding what your meaning is. if you would please clarify that for me so i can determine weather i like you or not! :lol: also, i understand we dont work for the chief but we also do not work for the tax payers. we work at the mercy of the city manager "the one who has the power to hire and fire", and god help you if the chief goes to the city manager and proposed you be terminated. remember we all have families and toys that we must pay for. yes we work for ourselves "because we love this job" but we also work for our shiftmates because out there in the dark streets, we have no one else.

just remember we love ya original poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! :cop:

What I meant, when I said he doesn't owe them anything and he's paid his dues is, seeing as we truly don't know who this officer is though we can all draw conclusions, If he's someone the department sent to the academy, he shouldnt feel obligated to stay working there, he owes them nothing...he's been there long enough...make sense? And this is why I said, to go somewhere else..as much as I would love to have a long, successful career working along side him or anyone else that is true to the job and themselves, i'd say if you have an opportunity to go somewhere else where the administration truly values it's employees. GO!
    As for working for himself..i don't see where the confusion was in my statement. I never said that he shouldnt be a team player...BUT, with the current environment we work in, push come to shove, not one officer will risk his neck for another officer, and I dont mean take a bullet, crap like that...I mean..internally...I don't know who you are...But, If you sit here and say you'd go to Blaine and speak up for another officer if that officer in question was one of his "targets"...your not being honest. No one, I mean no one in this department would risk their standing with the current administration to support another officer. Tell me i'm wrong. If i'm wrong, man, could you imagine the turnover rate???..lol They would have to have a pool of applicants as deep as the Atlantic ocean!..lol

As for who we work for...Yes! We do work for the taxpayers...who do you think pays our salaries??? Even Broughton gets his exuberant paycheck from taxpayer monies! Unfortunately, he was hired and given the powers to do the job the citizens of Bristol expect him to do. But unfortunately, the citizens don't monitor his actions like he and Blaine monitor ours!

But I never inferred that the officers should not cover their partners backs on the streets...the selfishness statement made pertains to the officers individual career....Hope I clarified my meaning to you...but i'm sure he, who my original reply went to understands what I meant.....And no, I didnt take offense to your questioning me...

Just read your post where you said you understood now......look, bottom line is...those that want a great place to work need to come together, power in numbers......don't think we don't have the power to make things better...we do!..you'd be amazed as to how many people in Bristol appriciate us! Just have to get out there and make contacts....Ask anyone who knows about leadership...there's two ways to gain respect, through positive actions and through fear...Blaine knows the later. He and the administration continually create an environment were there's dissention in the ranks...as long as we keep fighting amongst ourselves, he knows he's safe. BUT, once we all finally stop bickering and backstabbing each other and start truly drawing the "blue line" in the sand, then he'll start to worry..The many control the few...he knows this..any great leader knows this...but those great leaders were dictators..look throughout history..look at any leader who's failed...it's due to his followers not supporting him...Stalin, Hitler, Saddam Hussein...lol...All of these so called "great leaders" failed...for one reason and one reason only...they did not have the support of there constituents...their people! the only way this change can take place is by one officer to say to himself, no matter how I feel about my fellow officer, I need to let him know I appreciate him and that we need to join forces, set all the other nonsense aside...That's where a union greatly helps! Now, i'm not turning this into a push for unionization discussion!!...but, if you look at Kingsport, what little union they have....WORKS!! And no, they all don't get along!! But, there's that one common denominator..the union they joined and are members of...think about it. We can become one without a "union"..and the results would be the same! A happier, safer, positive place to work!!

Well i sure hope that HR413 clears the final hurdle, a good and effective union representation is what we need here. When you promote the shift fluck up to Sgt. You cannot expect much. Rob dodged calls and remained lazy when he was a patrolman. Why would we expect any more from him as a Sgt? He is not a leader and never will be. If you wanna see a leader, go look at Smalling, or W. Brown.

I'll keep everyone updated on the bills progress.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast