Florida PBA and Fraternal Order of Police endorse Alex Sink
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Florida PBA and Fraternal Order of Police endorse Alex Sink

TALLAHASSEE, Florida -- The Florida PBA this morning broke one tradition -- endorsing Republicans for governor -- but kept another, not mincing words, very much intact.

The PBA and another powerful law-enforcement union, the Fraternal Order of Police, today held a joint press conference at the Capitol to tout their endorsements of Chief Financial Officer Alex Sink, the Democratic nominee, and her running mate, former Gainesville prosecutor Rod Smith.

Veteran PBA executive director David Murrell came down on Republican nominee Rick Scott like a ton of bricks. Scott's plan to slash the state budget by $7 billion and cut the state workforce by 5 percent, (which could cost as much as 8,400 jobs,) would mean fewer prisons, fewer prison guards and the bad old days of early prison release, Murrell said.

Murrell went a step further, saying the cuts would put serial killers like Danny Rolling, and "Ted Bundy wannabes, out on the street."

"Under his plan, if you want an officer to come and respond to your personal emergency, forget about it," Murrell said.

Before he was elected to the Florida Senate, Smith gained national fame as the prosecutor in the Rolling case. The "Gainesville Ripper" was executed in 2006 after being convicted of killing five students in Gainesville in 1990.

One of the most detailed planks of Scott's budget proposal calls for, "paying competitive, market-based salaries for corrections' staff," competitively bidding health care contracts for prisoners and forcing inmates to grow their own food. The Scott campaign figures the moves would wring $1 billion in savings from the corrections budget.

In a written statement, the Scott campaign called on Sink to, "disavow these inaccurate scare tactics."

The campaign cited federal statistics that it says show Florida's daily cost of housing a prisoner is $71.93,higher than the $48.45 that Texas pays and far higher than the $36.83 that Mississippi pays.

"The unions are lining up behind Tallahassee politician Alex Sink who will continue wasteful policies at the expense of taxpayers and protect the status quo," said Scott spokesman Chad Colby.

The last time both police unions endorsed a Democratic ticket was 20 years ago.

Incoming House Democratic Leader Ron Saunders of Key West predicted that the union endorsement will be valuable for Sink. He also took a shot at Scott's record as former CEO of hospital giant Columbia/HCA, which paid $1.7 billion in federal fines after being accused of Medicaid fraud. Scott said he did nothing wrong and was never the target of the investigation.

"It shows that there's concern about his history," Saunders said. "The PBA probably has better access to background checks than we do."

http://www.wtsp.com/news/state/story.as ... 8&catid=19

She's our State Fire Marshal and she was our first endorsement at this past summer's Florida Professional Fire Fighters Convention. Nice to see us all on the same page.

FD Bro'

Re: Florida PBA and Fraternal Order of Police endorse Alex Sink

If the FD and PBA are endorsing her, then everyone should vote for the other guy!

I agree, if the union hacks are for her then I'm against her. I am philosophically conservative and an objectivist so the corruption inherent in unions is not acceptable to me. Liberalism is a bad policy for the country, the state, the city, etc etc. I am not going to sell out my country, state, city, etc etc to selfishly put ten dollars in my pocket. My honor, my principles, and my integrity are more important than deciding which candidate will benefit me personally.

Which party is against the death penalty?
    Which party rallies to the defense of cop killers?
    Which party wants to give the parasites of society a raise through more welfare etc?

You can point out a bunch of negatives about the other party as well but the above facts are deal-breakers for any real cop. They can keep their phony hope and change...I'll keep my honor.

Voting for Sink is supporting the Marxist Obama's philosophy. LEO's need to understand they are no longer "abused coal miners" who need union protection; Leo's are professionals and need to stop letting union thugs do their talking for them. SINK will cause FL pensions to be raided to keep unneeded political positions, create huge budget deficits, and drive FL into the same situation as CA, PA, NY, NJ, IL, and other states that have created a "dependent class." :evil:

If you want to become educated on Obama supported politics, read the new book by James R. Keena, WE'VE BEEN HAD-- it is an eye opener into SINK style politics. First Sink creates a false fear, then feeds the false fear with lies, and finally she will destroy Florida.

Don't be led like sheep to the slaughterhouse. Listen to the claims and recognize what is real and what is fictitious. WE ALL KNOW THAT THERE ARE MANY --ESPECIALLY ADMINISTRATIVE-- POSITIONS THAT CAN BE ELIMINATED and would probably make the state run better. SINK IS A LIAR, A FRAUD, AND AN ULTRA-LIBERAL POLITICIAN.
    :idea: :idea: :idea:

Only one problem with that, real LEO: our union doesn't have the spine or sack to stand up for us. Thugs they aren't. The only thing they have passion about is the golf tournaments they enter.

Quote Originally Posted by real LEO
    Voting for Sink is supporting the Marxist Obama's philosophy. LEO's need to understand they are no longer "abused coal miners" who need union protection; Leo's are professionals and need to stop letting union thugs do their talking for them. SINK will cause FL pensions to be raided to keep unneeded political positions, create huge budget deficits, and drive FL into the same situation as CA, PA, NY, NJ, IL, and other states that have created a "dependent class." :evil:

If you want to become educated on Obama supported politics, read the new book by James R. Keena, WE'VE BEEN HAD-- it is an eye opener into SINK style politics. First Sink creates a false fear, then feeds the false fear with lies, and finally she will destroy Florida.

Don't be led like sheep to the slaughterhouse. Listen to the claims and recognize what is real and what is fictitious. WE ALL KNOW THAT THERE ARE MANY --ESPECIALLY ADMINISTRATIVE-- POSITIONS THAT CAN BE ELIMINATED and would probably make the state run better. SINK IS A LIAR, A FRAUD, AND AN ULTRA-LIBERAL POLITICIAN.
    Ok you right wing terrorist, you probably have 970 on in the PoPO car looking at your AR looking to kill a tree huger. Drinking your TEA that you got at the TEA party.

On a serious note, you are 100% right! Alex Sink is not good for Florida and is Obama in a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by real LEO

Geez why dont you just come out in your KKK robes already. Your post is a poorly veiled attempt to hide your extreme racist attitudes toward the black man in america. Don't think for one minute that we dont know who you are and what you stand for. I am sad that your racists views were missed and you were allowed to slip through the cracks. It sickens me to think I wear the same uniform as you.

May gods love shine upon you someday soon.

By the same uniform you mean you were a KKK robe too?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    VERY VERY FUNNY!!! but the joke is on you. You just admitted you are a racist member of the KKK.

Ther is still time to ask god for his forgivness and show love to youre fello man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    VERY VERY FUNNY!!! but the joke is on you. You just admitted you are a racist member of the KKK.

Ther is still time to ask god for his forgivness and show love to youre fello man.
    Unfortunately, there is apparently no time left for you to learn to use proper English. Hum, I wonder why? Oh, I know, because you are ignorant and illiterate. That explains all of your demented and illogical comments. Go back to 2ed grade and start over.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast