Recruiting in Orlando

Recruiting in Orlando

Just finished taking and passing the CJBAT today in Tallahassee, where i currently live. Was wondering if anyone knew if OPD is still sponsoring people into the academy? It says they are on the site but I know with the economy and budget cuts things can change and the site never gets updated. I was born and raised in orlando, so I would love to come back home and work but if I cant I do not have a problem with staying in Tallahassee. Thanks for any info or advice!

Re: Recruiting in Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by MIKEDAMAN
    I was born and raised in orlando, so I would love to come back home and work but if I cant I do not have a problem with staying in Tallahassee.

Enjoy Talllahassee.

I love it up here, its not as busy as Orlando.

I love it up here, its not as busy as Orlando.

The why the F%$@ are you on this board asking about OPD if it's so great "up here"?

Like i said I would love to come back to Orlando but if I can not, I would not mind staying up here. I'm just saying Tallahassee is that bad of a place to stay. With all these budget cuts i believe its good to have more than one city you're are willing to work if gigven the opportunity.

me thinks we have a troll amongst us.

either this guy is several fries short of a happy meal or he is just trying to pull out legs.

Hey "mikedaman" what if any relevant experience, education, or training do you have. If you aren't the perfect black,lesbian, disabled veteran, with a native american parent and 10 years in the military your chances of getting sponsored are somewhere between slim and none....

Quote Originally Posted by troll hunter
    what if any relevant experience, education, or training do you have. If you aren't the perfect black,lesbian, disabled veteran, with a native american parent and 10 years in the military your chances of getting sponsored are somewhere between slim and none....
    I attended Florida A&M University. I do have an AA degree. As far as law enforcement experience, I have none. I've spent the past 5 years as a Test Engineer for a D.O.D company testing, problem solving and analyzing things. I am an African American with no sort of record other than 1 tickets in 2002 and 1 2005. I'm sure my chances are low but I may still try and see what happens. I have more than one plan so im going on as if they didn't accept me but prepared if they do.

what if any relevant experience, education, or training do you have. If you aren't the perfect black,lesbian, disabled veteran, with a native american parent and 10 years in the military your chances of getting sponsored are somewhere between slim and none....
    I attended Florida A&M University. I do have an AA degree. As far as law enforcement experience, I have none. I've spent the past 5 years as a Test Engineer for a D.O.D company testing, problem solving and analyzing things. I am an African American with no sort of record other than 1 tickets in 2002 and 1 2005. I'm sure my chances are low but I may still try and see what happens. I have more than one plan so im going on as if they didn't accept me but prepared if they do.

Go to the peace corps in Haiti

If you aren't the perfect black,lesbian, disabled veteran, with a native american parent and 10 years in the military your chances of getting sponsored are somewhere between slim and none....

I love it man...describes OPD sponsered peeps to a "T". :snicker: