Racist Emails Circulated From Police Chief's Account - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Re: Racist Emails Circulated From Police Chief's Account

Did you not psot that the Chief had documenst in his PER folder? A LIE
    Did you post lots of females had issue at FLwith him? A Lie
    Did you post that the Pen board had made statements A LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    It could be if we dont believe it. I am will to go for it how about you? I thin its true and want to see thefacts. The suite would permit all the IPs to be exposed. I am in.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Check !
    Hey "Guest", you are boring. You keep posting the same accusations over and over without any factual basis.
    Could be grounds for a libel law suit from the person you are accusing.

:cop: The story has hit Channel 6 News and the Sun-Sentinal Newspaper already. Check their web sites. :cop:
    I am quite sure they checked the veracity of the story before airing it or printing it. I am sure that there will be more to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    It’s very interesting how this leaked out from the State Attorney’s office. If it’s all true then the leak is a serious issue for an ongoing investigation. How could such a thing happen? Who would have such access? Who provide such information to the press? Could the name end with Raimondi? Does he have a brother that works in the SAs office? That has a bone to pick with the Chief? Could that be? It may be a good thing that this was leaked so a real investigation can be conducted by the SAs office into evidence and confidential information being leaked to people like in the know

Its the Raimondi boys in the game here. There is a leak in the SAs office no public records were released to the press only the SAs office???

Did you not psot that the Chief had documenst in his PER folder? A LIE
    Did you post lots of females had issue at FLwith him? A Lie
    Did you post that the Pen board had made statements A LIE

Where are the facts Raimondi is that a Libel suit?

Who cares where the info came from. The problem is the chief is so dumb or pompous that he used is city computer. The other problem is so many people hate him that the haters will continue to watch him like a hawk. If your gonna be a d ck all the time to people better not break any rules and use a little sense. Just a little idiot! Poor Ann!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love the idle threats from Resnick, Newton and Gallegos in the paper. What a joke. I also see the chief is gonna use the pedophile defense. Anybody could have used that computer. right......................... He'll get off with nothing.

Wilton Manors —
    September 10, 2010

City officials are investigating racist and offensive e-mails that were sent from the city email account of Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard E. Perez.

City Manager Joseph Gallegos said he was in the process of collecting all the e-mails. He said the investigation will take about a week.

"I'm not happy about it. There will be consequences for whoever is involved," Gallegos said.

City officials confirmed that dozens of e-mails including racial slurs, photos of nude women and other insults directed toward President Barack Obama were circulated through the Police Department from Perez's e-mail account.

It is not clear if Perez sent them or if someone improperly accessed his account to send them.

Perez could not be reached by comment. Calls to the Police Department about the matter were referred to Gallegos.

Gallegos said, "He [Perez] did not deny it." Gallegos would not elaborate, citing the investigation.

According to the South Florida Times, which reported on the e-mails this week, one e-mail from Perez's account read:

"A little boy said to his mother, 'Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white.' His mother replied, 'Don't even go there, Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!'"

The newspaper said the e-mail is titled, "Mom's Memory" and it includes a photograph of a white woman walking near a pond with a young boy holding hands, under the caption, "A Mother's Love."

It is prefaced with, "Normally I don't send or forward a lot of these, but even by my standards, it was a bit touching. I want all of my friends to feel what I felt when I read it. Hope it touches your heart like it did mine. This is so beautiful."

Mayor Gary Resnick said the investigation may be expanded to include other city employees who also allegedly sent offensive e-mails.

"The city of Wilton Manors prides itself on being a respectful, tolerant and diverse community," Resnick said. "We will not tolerate any employee being disrespectful or unprofessional."

Commissioner Scott Newton said he was aware of the e-mails but had not seen them.

"There will be consequences. We have not tolerated this in the past and we won't this time," Newton said. "The city manager will do what's appropriate. They haven't finished the investigation. Nothing will be swept under the rug."

Gallegos said personal use of city computers is prohibited, including sending anything deemed political, racist or offensive. "We don't do business that way," he added.

In 2008, former Assistant Community Services Director Ann Barnes was reprimanded for forwarding a racist e-mail. She was suspended with pay and later negotiated an early retirement.

Perez became police chief in January 2006, the first Hispanic to lead the department. He came to Wilton Manors from the Fort Lauderdale Police Department, where he spent more than two decades.

In 2007, Perez himself was the target of negative comments posted on a website for law enforcement agencies that encourages frank discussion.

"Wasn't the new chief supposed to build the department into a great place to work? What on earth does he think he is doing?," one writer wrote. "This isn't the Mafia."

At the time, Perez said he was disappointed that some of his officers might be posting, but said they are entitled to do so off duty from their own computers.

On the same website, a thread about the e-mails Perez allegedly sent had been viewed 84 times and readers had added 15 comments as of Friday afternoon.

Michael Turnbell can be reached at mturnbell@sunsentinel.com or 954-356-4155. Follow him on Twitter @MikeTurnpike or on Facebook at http://www.sunsentinel.com/concreteideas

Police Chief Could Be in Hot Water Over Racist E-mails
    Police Chief routinely sends obscene and racist e-mails to staff, report says
    By TODD WRIGHT
    Updated 7:19 PM EDT, Fri, Sep 10, 2010

Print Share Buzz up!12retweet0diggsdigg

After chasing bad guys all day, it's understandable cops could use a good laugh.

But the kind of humor circulating around the Wilton Manors Police Department might not be so funny to minorities, women or President Barack Obama.

And the dozens of crude and offensive jokes being sent by e-mail are all coming from the police chief's computer, reports the South Florida Times.

The e-mail scandal hasn't resulted in disciplinary action yet, but it appears the Broward State Attorney's Office is looking into the matter.

Residents Respond to Police Chief's Jokes
    WATCH Residents Respond to Police Chief's Jokes
    Among the jokes found in Police Chief Richard Perez's e-mail was a story hinting Obama is the offspring of a woman and a dog.

[b]“A little boy said to his mother, ‘Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white.’ His mother replied, ‘Don't even go there, Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!’” read the e-mail, sent from Perez on July 23.[/b]

The South Florida Times quotes another e-mail, entitled "Math Class" that appears to be poking fun at education in the inner city.

[b]“Dwayne pimps 3 ho's. If the price is $85 per trick, how many tricks per day must each ho turn to support Dwayne's $800 per day Crack habit?” reads that e-mail.[/b]

Other e-mails include nude pictures, racial slurs and jokes degrading women, blacks and other minority groups. Several jokes also target the Democratic Party.

Mayor Gary Resnick said the city manager is also investigating the matter and that a decision could be made as early as next week.

"We have no tolerance for anything like this," he said.

Perez became Wilton Manors first Hispanic police chief in 2005 after a decorated career with the Fort Lauderdale Police Department.

Like most cities, Wilton Manors prohibits employees from sending racial and obscene images and jokes from their government e-mails.
    But what happens when one of the city's leaders is the person sending the e-mails?

Perez has not commented on the issue yet.

UPDATED: Wilton Manors Police Chief's Racist EmailsBy Bob Norman,
    Fri., Sep. 10 2010 @ 9:20AM
    By Bob Norman

this has been a crazy morning, but a breaking story has come up from the South Florida Times that will have to supercede Elvis in Margate for now.

?Times reporter Elgin Jones obtained emails that came from the account of Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard Perez that are blatantly racist. From the article:

One e-mail that was forwarded to top brass on Friday, July 23, 2010, from Chief Richard E. Perez's account read:

[color=#FF0000]"A little boy said to his mother, 'Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white.' His mother replied, 'Don't even go there, Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark[/size:1emstdhx]!'"[/color]

That e-mail is titled, "Mom's Memory" and it includes a photograph of a white woman walking near a pond with a young boy holding hands, under the caption, "A Mother's Love."

It is prefaced with, "Normally I don't send or forward a lot of these, but even by my standards, it was a bit touching. I want all of my friends to feel what I felt when I read it. Hope it touches your heart like it did mine. This is so beautiful."

That's just one of the emails uncovered by the newspaper. What's ironic about all this is that Perez is a minority himself, the first Hispanic police chief in Wilton Manors and, before that, the first Hispanic captain at the Fort Lauderdale Police Department.

When he was hired, Perez was touted as a big minority hire by the city. In a Sun-Sentinel story on Perez last year, he talked about being discriminated against by people on the beat.

Read excerpts from that article and more incredible email stupidity inside after the jump.

Here's another Perez email, which was titled "Math Class":

[size=150[color=#FF0000:1emstdhx]]"Dwayne pimps 3 ho's. If the price is $85 per trick, how many tricks per day must each ho turn to support Dwayne's $800 per day Crack habit[/color]?"

That's just one of nine questions. Sadly, the newspaper decided that a lot of the content of the emails it obtained wasn't suitable for publication.

"Many of the e-mails contain language that is too graphic for publication and are generally of an insulting nature," Jones writes. "One email sent from Perez's account called Arabs 'camel shaggers' and referred to connecting the wet testicles of 'rag heads' to a battery. Some included jokes involving the N-word, and expressions of support for political positions."

Yo, Elgin, send it this way and we'll give it the light of day.

Look, you see these types of emails being sent around by idiots all the time. But when they come from a police chief, it's pretty amazing to see. Jones also dug up one from then-Assistant Community Services Director Ann Barnes that went around City Hall. It was called, subtly enough, "Proud to Be White: Somebody Finally Said It."

Here's some of the text of the email:

"Everyone in the United States has privileges except the White race. They are the majority that made the U.S. what it is. Now look what it has become!

"You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer who is running from the LAW and posing a threat to ALL of society... You call him racist.

"... This email is not putting anyone down. It's a desperate attempt to keep what we have earned, not been given. I've passed this on, now please do your part."

Barnes is no longer working for the city and Perez? We'll see.

But the side of Perez revealed by the emails is a far cry from the public face he wore. Here's an excerpt from the Sentinel story on his hiring.

Citizens accustomed to a mostly white police force weren't always kind to police officers of color. Perez remembered a white citizen in a wide straw hat and cowboy boots driving his vehicle into the back of what he called a "car full of coloreds." He had been drinking and was giving a woman Fort lauderdale police officer difficulty when Perez arrived as back up.

The citizen groaned. "Doesn't Fort Lauderdale have any white officers?" Perez recalls him asking.

Perez never believed he would see an African-American elected president. But he's excited about what his election means for women, Hispanics and other minority groups.

"I think it's wide open now," Perez said. "Women, Hispanics, Asians and African-Americans if they can do the job, give them a shot."

Perez said he would advise President-elect Barack Obama to "be our president, and a black man second. He's my president, too."

Actually that stuff about being a "black man second" is a little dubious too.

Its the Raimondi boys in the game here. There is a leak in the SAs office no public records were released to the press only the SAs office???

My question is who is going to issue a apalogy to the President of the United States for the misconduct of Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard E. Perez ?

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast