Pay - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pay

Re: Pay

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I'd love to finish my 25 years on duty, collect my DROP money, then return to duty with my rank and pay grade, and double dip like the politicians and sheriffs. Good luck - ain't going to happen. Double dipping is reserved for the privileged few. It should be made available to all or none.
    No, it has nothing to do with privilege. You have the same legal opportunity to double dip as anyone else.

The problem is that you don't have the qualifications, political connections and financial backing to attain elective office.

David Gee didn't either when he started his career, but he studiously developed them. You can call it politicking, sucking up, or whatever else you want to, but the fact is it worked. If you disdain doing what it takes to succeed because it is beneath your integrity then you have no gripe.

Politics are politics. That's life. Live with it.

:snicker:

Quote Originally Posted by Facts of Life
    I'd love to finish my 25 years on duty, collect my DROP money, then return to duty with my rank and pay grade, and double dip like the politicians and sheriffs. Good luck - ain't going to happen. Double dipping is reserved for the privileged few. It should be made available to all or none.
    No, it has nothing to do with privilege. You have the same legal opportunity to double dip as anyone else.

The problem is that you don't have the qualifications, political connections and financial backing to attain elective office.

David Gee didn't either when he started his career, but he studiously developed them. You can call it politicking, sucking up, or whatever else you want to, but the fact is it worked. If you disdain doing what it takes to succeed because it is beneath your integrity then you have no gripe.

Politics are politics. That's life. Live with it.

:snicker:
    Personally, I could care less how much money he makes or whether he double or triple dips. I also don't care whether he plays the game of politics well, because I have learned that politicians CANNOT be trusted and I cannot stand politics.

What I do care about, is that he is making ALL this money and yet has been doing a TERRIBLE job pretending to run the office. If he is to busy to take the time and personally visit with his troops in the field several times a week, then he should have been to busy to have the time to get his pilots license, or to busy to participate on the board of Valrico State Bank to name just a few of the many OTHER things he has plenty of time for.

I also get tired about hearing about the publics perception. Until "Joe Public" steps into my shoes and deals with the call volume and crap that we put up with every day in this job & in this urban sprawled county that has grown way beyond the current manpower, they have no right to criticise. Just like I have no right to criticize the 75% of people I deal with everyday that have been UNEMPLOYED way before there was a bad economy and will be UNEMPLOYED again the next time they call the sheriff's office because they are too LAZY to get a job or even take the time to look for one. It's always the same answer I'm unemployed & DISABLED, yet they run around better then alot of people I know and constantly call HCSO for assistance on every little matter. Ask any deputy that works patrol and they will tell you that we rarely help any tax paying citizens, because we are to busy tending to the daily problems of the unemployed, illegal & supposedly disabled. This is where the limited manpower we do have spends the majority of it's time. Trailer Parks should have to hire a Full Time off duty deputy since they can't go 1 day without having to call HCSO to handle their tenant problems.

Yup, I went off topic some, but like I said, "don't care what the man earns as long as he is actually EARNING IT"!

Lets be realistic here. Do you think the leader of any business employing over 3000 people stops by and personally visits employees several times a week? None of the private sector jobs I’ve ever had did that happen. There are simply not enough hours in the day. I’ve seen emails about Col B inviting troops to have dinner about twice a year the last few years at least. How many times have you been? Oh I know, only a “suck up” will go so you don’t but you still reserve the right to whine about not “seeing” staff members.

We are not asking the Command Staff to come to every Roll Call. Believe it or not it is a moral boost to see them more than at a Ranch Run or at a once a year meeting. They have to make time for their deputies. It will at least help me/us to believe that they are attempting to stay in touch with what we are doing. That is after all part pf their job. As minor as it may seem, it cost no money and gaining/keeping our respect should be a priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Dont Over Do It
    We are not asking the Command Staff to come to every Roll Call. Believe it or not it is a moral boost to see them more than at a Ranch Run or at a once a year meeting. They have to make time for their deputies. It will at least help me/us to believe that they are attempting to stay in touch with what we are doing. That is after all part pf their job. As minor as it may seem, it cost no money and gaining/keeping our respect should be a priority.
    Did you even read my post? Col B sets up dinner meetings I want to say about twice a year. I haven’t been myself because I’m not the type of person that needs the boss to say Im doing a good job, it’s a given because I know I do my job. But I mentioned maybe going to a buddy of mine and he said that when he went to one about 25 people showed up. So the Col takes his personal time to meet with people and out of 1,000 plus deputies 25 show up? I guess the real truth is that most deputies wont show up unless it’s a paid work function. So I ask again, have you been?

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Garage
    I haven’t been myself because I’m not the type of person that needs the boss to say Im doing a good job, it’s a given because I know I do my job. But I mentioned maybe going to a buddy of mine and he said that when he went to one about 25 people showed up. So the Col takes his personal time to meet with people and out of 1,000 plus deputies 25 show up? I guess the real truth is that most deputies wont show up unless it’s a paid work function. So I ask again, have you been?
    :snicker: Or maybe the other 974 deputies, give or take, are as squared away as YOU are Monster G and don't feel the need to be there for a little face time either. Oh and to answer your other question I reckin I aint as squared away as you are my man cause I did go once just to hear what the man had to say as well as get a little bit of that Golden Corral Buffet. Good eats. :snicker:

[quote=The Nitely Blog]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Monster Garage":3af30byd
    I haven’t been myself because I’m not the type of person that needs the boss to say Im doing a good job, it’s a given because I know I do my job. But I mentioned maybe going to a buddy of mine and he said that when he went to one about 25 people showed up. So the Col takes his personal time to meet with people and out of 1,000 plus deputies 25 show up? I guess the real truth is that most deputies wont show up unless it’s a paid work function. So I ask again, have you been?
    :snicker: Or maybe the other 974 deputies, give or take, are as squared away as YOU are Monster G and don't feel the need to be there for a little face time either. Oh and to answer your other question I reckin I aint as squared away as you are my man cause I did go once just to hear what the man had to say as well as get a little bit of that Golden Corral Buffet. Good eats. :snicker:[/quote:3af30byd]

So I guess we agree on two things:
    1. Access is there, you went yourself.
    2. You aren’t as squared away as me.
    See we are getting closer.

It's nice that Colonel Brown sets aside some time TWICE A YEAR to ALLOW deputies to come talk to him.

Please excuse me while I barf. I'm sorry but I have to respond to this post. What is being asked is that leadership: Sheriff, Chief, Colonels set aside time in their schedules to spend some time in the field and see for themselves why so many deputies feel that the new deployment system has made it tougher to work together as a team and makes deputies feel so isolated in their zones. They will also get the chance to see first hand how overwhelmed patrol is at certain times during the day and the reason why so many deputies have valid concerns for their safety & the safety of the public due to the manpower crisis on the street.

Is it too much to ask for leadership to show that it has not completely out of touch with it's front line troops and some of their current concerns.

Some act as though the deputies are asking for leaderships first born child, when in reality they are only asking for better communication then the current "Cold War" state of affairs at HCSO. As has been said prior, some have found extensive amounts of time to do things like obtain a Pilots License on duty time, but supposedly don't have enough time to get out in the field and support those those that are expected to support you.

I'm sorry, but there should be no argument on this topic or excuses, when you have troops that are only asking for something as reasonable as more face time to get to know their leadership better.

It's nice that Colonel Brown sets aside some time TWICE A YEAR to ALLOW deputies to come talk to him.

I'm sorry, but there should be no argument on this topic or excuses, when you have troops that are only asking for something as reasonable as more face time to get to know their leadership better.
    So let me see if I understand your circular logic. He sets aside time at night on his own time to meet with the troops, a whopping two dozen show up. So that tells you demand is so high he should do it more often so everyone can get more face time? Bottom line is this, it’s a nice little point to complain about but the actual attendance shows that most won’t go out of their way to get the face time they are complaining about to have their issues heard. I know, I know, one person should try to drive around the entire county and personally meet with every deputy. If he came to roll calls you would then say that you are too afraid to voice your concerns because your supervisor /major is present. Everyone has had a golden opportunity to sit basically one on one and bring up issues but few do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Garage

So let me see if I understand your circular logic. He sets aside time at night on his own time to meet with the troops, a whopping two dozen show up. So that tells you demand is so high he should do it more often so everyone can get more face time? Bottom line is this, it’s a nice little point to complain about but the actual attendance shows that most won’t go out of their way to get the face time they are complaining about to have their issues heard. I know, I know, one person should try to drive around the entire county and personally meet with every deputy. If he came to roll calls you would then say that you are too afraid to voice your concerns because your supervisor /major is present. Everyone has had a golden opportunity to sit basically one on one and bring up issues but few do it.
    Hey "Monster Garage"........would love to know what exactly your position at the Sheriff's Office is, since you seem to have all the answers. My guess is that IF YOU EVEN WORK AT THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE based upon your responses, you are either in a position that, among many others, has lost touch with reality or maybe you do in fact work at the garage changing oil. YOU disagree with EVERYBODY on this site in an effort to do nothing BUT STIR THE POT. It does not matter what is said, YOU imediately take offense and attempt to challenge everybody like a 10 year old spoiled kid. Or maybe you realize that the time is getting closer for a vote to bring back the union and YOU are one of those butt kisser petition folks that stooped to new lows to STEP ON PEOPLE to get YOURSELF ahead. Whatever fantasy world you live in, I can assure you that your opinions are not shared by the vast majority of people that WORK FOR A LIVING at HCSO. Have you noticed that YOU are the ONLY PERSON on this site that has such a distorted view of things. YOU are extremely NAIVE monster garage. Now go shine the sheriffs shoes like a good little boy and maybe he will give you some milk & cookies.................. :snicker:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast