Polygraphs
Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Polygraphs

Unhappy Polygraphs

These posts got me to thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by hippo3
    I know we have hired people who did fail their poly but they had connections.
    Quote Originally Posted by oy vay!
    Would be hypocritical if they didn't let you try again considering they allow officers who fail polygraphs to remain employed, and keep rank, and in the recent case, barely discipline them. In fact, it would appear to be a job requirement!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I failed the polygraph for MSO and passed SSO. So, I know they are not an exact science.
    Our new polygraph even measures your sphincter with the pad you have to sit on. Yeaa, it picks up the tension in your butthole!!! The pucker factor is now monitored!!! :shock:

What do you think of polys?

Re: Polygraphs

Polygraphs are so reliable.

I can't seem to find any court that allows them. I wonder why?

Polygraphy has little credibility among scientists. Despite claims of 90-95% validity by polygraph advocates, and 95-100% by businesses providing polygraph services, critics maintain that rather than a "test", the method amounts to an inherently unstandardizable interrogation technique whose accuracy cannot be established. A 1997 survey of 421 psychologists estimated the test's average accuracy at about 61%, a little better than chance. Critics also argue that even given high estimates of the polygraph's accuracy a significant number of subjects (e.g. 10% given a 90% accuracy) will appear to be lying, and would unfairly suffer the consequences of "failing" the polygraph. In the 1998 Supreme Court case, United States v. Scheffer, the majority stated that "There is simply no consensus that polygraph evidence is reliable" and "Unlike other expert witnesses who testify about factual matters outside the jurors' knowledge, such as the analysis of fingerprints, ballistics, or DNA found at a crime scene, a polygraph expert can supply the jury only with another opinion..." Also, in 2005 the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals stated that “polygraphy did not enjoy general acceptance from the scientific community”. Charles Honts, a psychology professor at Boise State University, states that polygraph interrogations give a high rate of false positives on innocent people.

Maybe that's why !!!

"While the polygraph technique is highly accurate, it is not infallible and errors can occur. According to the American Polygraph Association over 250 studies have been conducted on the accuracy of polygraph testing during the past 25 years. Recent research reveals that the accuracy of the new computerized polygraph system is close to 100%."

*The mod can delete me as many times as he likes. The fact that certain posts get deleted and some remain are proof that you all are covering up for your own, and puts even more doubt on the outcome of the Investigations. Sheriff Knight, you were made a fool of by the individuals on both sides of the investigation. You are the best Sheriff in years and are not part of the buddy system they have set up. It's a pity you are allowing them to do things the "old" way. Hear the the interrogations and see his polygraph video, then read all the documentation. Yes,... you all have been fooled.

If you continue to repost articles that have been deleted you will be banned. If you have a problem with what has been deleted, you can email me, and we will discuss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod 577
    If you continue to repost articles that have been deleted you will be banned. If you have a problem with what has been deleted, you can email me, and we will discuss it.
    I do not need to discuss it with you, as that would be pointless based upon the fact that you are deleting the posts to hide information that you do not want publicized or read. I have read the terms of use and this does not violate!!! It is a link.... plain and simple. You do not want it seen! It's the truth and maybe it is a little too close to home for you?

Quote Originally Posted by shivers
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod 577
    I do not need to discuss it with you, as that would be pointless based upon the fact that you are deleting the posts to hide information that you do not want publicized or read. I have read the terms of use and this does not violate!!! It is a link.... plain and simple. You do not want it seen! It's the truth and maybe it is a little too close to home for you?

Send your complaints to MOD1 and explain.

So now the Mods are simply deleting any posts they don't like even if no rules are broken? Hmmm ... interesting. My post asked why the two posts from individuals suggesting other sites to link info to were deleted by the Mods - why were they? And why was my post questioning that also deleted? Sounds like censorship, not moderating.

Quote Originally Posted by well, well, well
    So now the Mods are simply deleting any posts they don't like even if no rules are broken? Hmmm ... interesting. My post asked why the two posts from individuals suggesting other sites to link info to were deleted by the Mods - why were they? And why was my post questioning that also deleted? Sounds like censorship, not moderating.
    JUst one dirty MOD is all it takes!

Like I trust Dave G and the Caltrop Watchdog Group as a reliable source of information? I can see why the mods delete it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Like I trust Dave G and the Caltrop Watchdog Group as a reliable source of information? I can see why the mods delete it.
    Actually, the information came directly from the IA paperwork (90+ pages), the audio and the video CD's from the the investigation which becomes accessible to the public after the IA is closed. Of course, because of that source, the info may be a bit unreliable in favor of the Sheriffs Office! Why don't you check it out?

Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast