Well Being Check? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Well Being Check?

"Deez Nutz" - your user name tells us all what we are really dealing with here....I pray that you are not a active Police Officer.
    You seem bitter like one would be who didn't get the LT position, or maybe you were fired - who knows but what you have shown everybody is that the right man is in the position of LT and it is not you. Have some pride. I hate to think that you are someone who was actually hired to Protect and Serve as a Officer of the Law. Your true colors are bleeding through your words - what a embarrassment you are. I see why you choose to hide behind a user ID such as "DeezNutz" - speaking of - you have none. "Character is easier kept than recovered' "
    You notice the Sgt and LT aren't even responding to your immature postings - because "A man who is rowing the boat doesn't have time to rock it"

H.

The ones who want to see this agency grow and improve. The ones who appreciate new equipment, vehicles and training. The ones that know change is necessary because our city is growing. The ones that know the world as a whole is changing, the threats are increasing and are becoming more complex. We must keep up with and be prepared for these threats. The ones that know at some point we will have to depend on one another in a real life or death battle. The ones that know you may not always agree with one another and that the only thing that matters is the color of your uniform. Because when you need help you don't care what color,gender,or sexual orientation the person is. You are just relieved to hear the sirens and see the uniforms running to your aid.

Your not getting IT. Much like the majority here dont get Police work (that is why they are no longer employeed or on the sh list). They don't work at CPD anymore or never have. The few who do work for CPD and post here, you should already know they are POS and will never be there for you when it hits the fan anyway.

IceCream- For being the "family member" of a LEO, you seem a little jaded. When someone writes something positive on here, which is seldom, the correct response is not to put them down. Regardless of what the reality is, there is always hope that things will change. Change is afoot, but hopefully it won't be with the current regime. Regardless of the courts finding of liability on JL, the bottom line is the city paid out 5 million to that woman. The city did not shoot her, 2 officers did and by the city paying out money they are accepting liability and wrong doing. Those are the facts and they can't be changed. Hopefully your brother is thankful to the Lord above for not being held civilly liable and thus having to pay 500,000.00, which was the courts first ruling.
    As for the color of the uniform, I'd have to disagree to that too. How many times are you off duty and see another officer with someone on the side of the road? Do you look? Do you critique his officer safety? Do you wonder if he's 10-08? Would you stop if he wasn't? I would hope the answer is yes to all of the above. Even critiquing can be done in a manner that is not condescending but helpful to you as an outsider looking in, that you might see something good or bad and act accordingly. How many times I've heard my fellow officers say that they look the other way or pretend they don't see there brother on the road. You know who you are, there's no sense in naming names. The bottom line is we ALL took the same oath, to serve and protect the citizens. If you work for SG and JJ then you are WRONG. The citizens pay your bills not the brass. Law enforcement use to be a proud brother en, sadly it has not been that way at CPD for a long time. That is unless you play the politics, eat the bs, and ask for more at the end of the day. I for one can say that I would stop and assist any LEO that I thought needed help and that includes my brothers and sisters at CPD. We are a family and there will be squabbles, but when it comes down to the thin blue line we shouldn't be looking to see who we can throw under the bus but who we can help to be a better officer. Every person deals with stress in their own way, who are you to judge? Unless you have walked in that man's shoes, you have NO right. Clean your own house!!
    Next time you're in briefing, look to your left and right. Would you save that person's life? Would they save yours? If you answer no to either of those questions then you have some serious soul searching to do. Ultimately, the answer is not to dispose of that individual but to figure out how to get past the animosity that administration has so keenly instilled within the ranks. Every officer went through the same training, made personal sacrifices, endured fatigue and physical pain to get where we all stand today. No one individual is better than another and no one individual has the right to take away what someone has worked so hard for. You're not just getting rid of a "bad apple", you're destroying a family, a human. What gives any of you the right to do that?
    If you're doing wrong to another person, your heart knows it and in the end you will answer to the almighty. For today, you answer to yourself, who you can't lie to, hopefully. If you rest easy with your actions then there's nothing more to be said.
    Be brave, be safe, and look out for one another.

I don't believe I said anything negative about the positive posters. The negative ones dont really bother me either, they are the opinions of some. Arguing with stupidity is a problem like "deez nuts" aka: MS. The BS brought up from the past is a problem.
    But a few question for you; SG should be firred but screw up officers shouldn't? You can judge officer involved shootings because of the many you have been in yourself or have been present firsthand for?
    Do you even work at CPD, or are you just hearing what goes on?
    Your obviously don't know or are an incompetent lawyer not to know that it only takes 51% in a civil case to win a judgement. 51%, sounds like a toss up to me.
    I do however agree, it really does suck that some officers have to lose their jobs and I would not want to wish this on anyone. But this is life.

You must be really close to your brother, based on all the "inside" information you have. Or maybe you're not the "sister" from AZ that you claimed. One thing is for certain, you don't comprehend the English language or retain what you read. Not to be rude and not that I am really concerned either way. Point being, if you read what I wrote then you would know I didn't say SG should be fired, I'm obviously NOT an incompetent lawyer, and you are not getting "IT".
    Stop judging others. That's not directed at you, but a generalized statement. AGAIN, unless you walk in a man's shoes you have no right to judge him. I did not "judge" your "brother", I merely stated the "FACTS". It's a novel concept that many at CPD don't get, basically along the same lines as the "TRUTH" which many at CPD think is a four letter word, the "h" is silent for some or it's a vile concept that would lead to their demise. That too being a fact.
    If more individuals at CPD tended to their own houses, did their job, and stopped talking garbage about their fellow brothers / sisters a vast majority of the problems at CPD would be resolved. Lastly, if egos and personal agendas were put to rest, CPD would probably be a great department. However, that would require testicularectomies and in the more severe cases, or testicular challenged, a lobotomy.
    I understand the weather in AZ is beautiful, why are you bothering with affairs that don't directly affect you anyway? That's a rhetorical question. I think it's safe to say this discussion is "over".
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream
    I don't believe I said anything negative about the positive posters. The negative ones dont really bother me either, they are the opinions of some. Arguing with stupidity is a problem like "deez nuts" aka: MS. The BS brought up from the past is a problem.
    But a few question for you; SG should be firred but screw up officers shouldn't? You can judge officer involved shootings because of the many you have been in yourself or have been present firsthand for?
    Do you even work at CPD, or are you just hearing what goes on?
    Your obviously don't know or are an incompetent lawyer not to know that it only takes 51% in a civil case to win a judgement. 51%, sounds like a toss up to me.
    I do however agree, it really does suck that some officers have to lose their jobs and I would not want to wish this on anyone. But this is life.

Hey guest,

I could be wrong but I think "Watchinout" was his siter responding to you not "Icecream". The sister in AZ is the only one who identified herself by putting down her name and state where she lives unless the rest of us cowards (MYSELF INCLUDED).

Didn't that case happen in the 80's over 20 years ago? If the officers were cleared by the Supreme Court why are you even commenting bout it? WHAT IF BBPD DID ACTUALLY PAY OUT ON A LAW SUIT why do you care? It wouldn't be the first time someone sued a city and won because the those in power FEARED the BACK LASH OF THE COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION. Didn't that case happen in the 80's? That's over 20 years ago! They were cleared by the Supreme Court right? It's funny that 20 years later you holding your own trail in the COURT OF PUBLIC OPINION via LEOAFFAIRS.

I don't understand your true purpose.

I am not in AZ. Did I post anywhere saying I lived in AZ? You are the one confussed. I am a different poster than the "sister" of JL. I do agree with a majority of your post but I think you tend to contradict yourself. I have the problem with the english language, really do you want to start proof reading posts on a message board. I think it would be better to proof read for accuracy rather than spelling and minor grammar in a place where it really has no relevance. State the facts then. Lets hear them. Where in that court case does it say JL is unfit to be a Police Officer in the state of FL? Is the sniper from Orlando unfit? Are the Deputies from OCSO unfit? They shot people and their agencies paid a settlement as well. Everyone of them are still employed or have moved on by their own will. We as Police Officers have a fraction of a second to make a decision while arrogant asses have all the time in the world to analyze our actions.
    JL stop and take your time to analyze everything thing you do from now on because although the State of Florida says your good to go, some proud poster of LEO Affairs may show you and post the law suit later. I don't know but I don't really think he gives a flying FK what your so called "facts" are showing.
    Let it go. You nor anyone else posting on this board were there. You are reading summarized recordings of a court case. Why not instead of posting on here, you go to JL and ask him yourself what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Change is afoot, but hopefully it won't be with the current regime.
    So if you weren't referring to SG, who is the current regime?

Ur-right...people should be brave enough to ask JL to his face.
    But that won't happen.

I read on line... (go ahead and Google) there was shooting in 08/18/08 in BB. One of there officers was shot but lived. There are probably more I'm still looking. Sounds like a difficult place to police. Who are we to judge?

Could you work there?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast