ALL NMB EMPLOYEES
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

ALL NMB EMPLOYEES

Well folks here we go. JPJ was right when he said "i have total confidence in you Mr. City Manager to find a solution". And retard one Pierre and retard two Kramer the two most clueless and incompetent people that hold their seats agree. The city Manager after drinking three bottles of OE met with everyone and revealed the plan.

ready
    here it goes

Re: ALL NMB EMPLOYEES

If the city can no longer afford the police department at status quo with all the cuts that have already been made then its obvious the city can't and never will be able to afford us. It's a shame that they would rather start laying people off and take a significant amount of pay from our checks, which could lead some officers and employees into some serious financial problems, than just come to the realization that it might be time to start looking into how cost effective it would be for MDPD to take over the police services. I applied to NMB to work for NMB not the county but I also know that the only change we will initially see is the colors of our uniform. The job is what it is and theirs internal politics no matter who you work for, but i'm sure I speak for many when I say i'd rather the county take us over than take a pay cut and see others lose their jobs. Oh and did I mention the county got a 13% pay RAISE for their new contract and they have personal use of take home car if you live in Dade, not only would going to the county open many doors to police units you would NEVER get at NMB but you would also make more $$$$$.

COUNTY COUNTY COUNTY!!!!!

I hate to say it but you are right. After the last council meeting it is evident that the people serving this city on the council are highly unstable. Almost to the point of insanity and some of them actually would have met Baker Act criteria during their exchanges. Don't they see that they are conducting themselves like a bunch of clowns. Well at least the city manager, city attorney, city clerk, and city employees see their behavior and have lost total confidence in their decisions. Based on the fact that the leadership is run and influenced by a bunch of raging lunatics, I would have to agree on the county move and not because of the benefits to us but simply because i no longer have faith in this city government.

If we go to County it would make the three puppet masters happy, the employees happy, and finally put to rest this fight. Unfortunately the good citizens of the community are the ones that will be effected the worst by all of this. The only hope they have is to bring change this coming May at the polls. I am sure that 500+ employees will be more then happy on spreading the word. In fact we will personally drive voters to the polls.

G-d bless us all during these times.

It is without a doubt great sadness that this day has come upon us. The city has won and broke our backs without even caring. The baker act council has broken our backs and our once great police department is now defeated. I hate to say this and I say it with a heavy heart that when the cuts come down in November some officers will be filling bankruptcy, foreclosing on their houses and much more. I guess the only alternative now is to go to the county and the great service that NMB residents once had will be gone. I am so disappointed in this city and the leadership that is upon it. However, that fight is not completely done it would take a great strike of luck for us to keep what we have. I hope the council, the city and the residents are happy with what is about to come about, layoffs and less city services. For a city that was once great, to a police department that everybody wanted to work for is now gone. I may be an old timer but the gas is almost of out the tank to keep fighting those baker acts at city hall because they are going to do what they want to do without any care of any city or police employees. I say GOD BLESS US all during these trying times and maybe a prayer will be answered. All we can do is stick together as a whole and hope for the best.

Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

The citizens of NMB wouldnt see a big change from road patrol since their contracted cities (Miami Lakes, Palmetto Bay, Hammocks) get good road services since they run those areas sort of like ours does, minimums on the road must be filled and if you work in NMB you stay in NMB, its the unincorporated areas that lack. Now as far as specialty services not sure how thats run. The city would save so much if they did away with our department, many broward cities have done same and the officers that were affected benefitted from it as do the cities since their police expenses were drastically reduced. The one thing thats disturbing to me though is I really feel that the mayor and some of his cronies would rather see us take a pay cut and many lose their jobs than look into what the county would charge to take over. I think the mayor has this power hungry disorder and he knows if MDPD took over he would lose his ability to chess play the PD.
    MDPD is a great department and has many benefits that you'll never see at NMB. If these pay cuts go through, along with paying for cars, higher insurance premiums, the obama tax, no phone stipends, and furlogh days (work a 40 hr work week and only get paid for 30), your looking at a 10-15k pay cut (for topped out Ofc, Sgt's and above it would be more). And on top of that, there trying to take from our pensions. Not really fiscally sound when they have given themselves a pay raise.
    I think MDPD would be a great move since I don't think any pay cut will make the city officials happy. They'll still want more. As some have publicaly stated they think we make too much.

The citizens will get the same services we provide now? Yeah ok. Let's just quit trying and go to the county with our tails between our legs. Its not going to happen so forget about it. The only people going to the county are the lucky ones who quit here and get hired there otherwise you can forget it. These people will go down in history as the most pathetic and embarassing council the citys ever seen. We make to much money? Last time I checked none of us were living in eastern shores but I guess providing a nice home in a safe neighborhood for your family means you make to much money in nmb. I guess we're just coolies in the eyes of some. At least we know we did the right thing and offered to help out. How were we to know these lunatics would decline the offer. Read this at the next meeting mr mayor. Let everyone know what happened when we offered to help and you nut jobs said no. Make sure you tell everyone the truth now.

You guys are incredible! Whining like you make minimum wage and will lose your homes if you have to take a pay cut. You complain about the current Council as being pathetic, yet it was the previous Council that put the City in the fix that it is in now. Please tell me where else in the world can a police office, not a sergeant, not a lieutenant or captain, can have over $50k a year contributed to his/her pension ??? Please tell me where the majority of workers in any city or county can have a take home car and not even live in the Couty they work in? Tell me where you can make $100k as a sergeant with a cost to the taxpayers of over $175k a year when you add in the other costs? You guys claim the city rejected your lucrative offer to pay 11 cents a mile for your take home car? Why don't you guys buy the car, pay the gas, insurance and maintenance and let the City pay you 11 cents a mile to operate it while on-duty??? Doesn't sound like such a good deal then does it. Some of you guys are so removed from reality that you think unless you make $100k, you're underpaid. Talk about low morale....try being a taxpyaer in NMB making $40k a year and having to pay for your own car, your own pension, and most of your insurance costs. That's low morale. Having said all that, there are some really good police officers working for NMB who the citizens would hate to lose however, there seems to be an overubundance of whining, cry baby do nothings in your ranks that take away from the good police work some of you actually do. Everyone has to take a hit on their income, its time you guys step up to the plate now too. One thing you all have going for you is that the City Manager can't comprehend a balanced budget and is scratching his head on trying to figure out how to do it. Unfortunately Myron Moron can't help him on that one.

p.s...the last time I checked, it was the Japs that bombed Pearl Harbor.

Realitycheck, please do your homework before posting your ridiculous remarks. We are one of the highest conbtributing departments to our pension than any other city in Miami-Dade. Meaning we pay more into our pension than do most cities. And if your under the state pension like all county officers and some city officers than you pay nothing into your pension and retire at 75%, not our 60% which we pay for. And just about every department in Miami-Dade has a take home car (Hialeah is the only one I Know of that doesn't) and can take it to their home in the tri-county area. So were not getting something that no other department offers. If the city decides to take away our cars, the only people who suffer are the people that live here. No more stopping a reckless driver on the way into work or responding to an in progress call as I pull into the city limits. We have 7-8 officers working the road handeling the calls 24/7. With the take home car program perception on the street may look like we have 30 because officers are coming to work, leaving, going to off duties, going to court and those officers will respond to a call if needed. No more of that if take home cars get yanked. Oh! and your remark about making us pay for the cars, and insurance, yadi yadi yadi... WOW!! Reality Check!!!! I'd hate to see you as a business owner telling your employee who you want to hire for a job of driving around "if you wanna work here you have to buy your own car and pay your own insurance and gas" Good probability you'd go out of business or you'd be doing the driving yourself. You complain about being a taxpayer only making 40k a year, I guess you should have put some more consideration into your profession and the salary it offers. You complain about having to pay for your own car, duh!!! Most people do pay for their personal cars just like we do. Hmmm.. which brings to mind that county officers are allowed to use their police vehicles for personal use in Miami-Dade, maybe we should get the same next contract so I can sell me personal car the I PAY FOR and actually give you taxpayers a reason to complain!!!

Realitycheck, you know nothing about our pension, our contract, our contributions, or this career. Please educate yourself before commenting on current issues because your comming across as a crybaby citizen, and probably one of the people who complains about us every council meeting. Unless the city wants to give us to the county, we are here to stay and you might drive yourself crazy thinking you can change our salaries and pension and other benefits we receive in the good paying career WE chose. So good luck on your endeavors and keep up the complaining

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast