New fiscal year, here comes your RAISE !!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New fiscal year, here comes your RAISE !!!!

October is just around the corner, and that means the new fiscal year will be here. Remember last year when we didn’t get any raises? I’m glad that fiscal year is almost over with. Surely our leaders who care so much for us wouldn’t expect us to go another year without a raise right? They wouldn’t do that to us, just ask.

So let’s hear it for our raises (and retro pay for last year) starting the new fiscal year!

HIP HIP ---------- HORAY !!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

Re: New fiscal year, here comes your RAISE !!!!

If you want your step raise, you need to go work at TPD

TPD eliminated 20 position to fund that step including 6 lieutenant positions. They have a 3.0 ratio so they can spare a few, when you have a 1.5 ratio there is not much play room except at the top and I would not hold your breath for any cuts there.

I have been looking for the state or federal law that guarantees everyone has to get a pay raise every year til the end of time no matter what the economic situation is. I cant seem to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by here come the dummies again
    I have been looking for the state or federal law that guarantees everyone has to get a pay raise every year til the end of time no matter what the economic situation is. I cant seem to find it.

It's right next to state and federal laws that guarantee we must give everything we have that this job. You know, those state and federal laws that says we must "do more with less". :mrgreen:

As soon as this county/agency starts to "pay more with less" then we will "do more with less". Lead by example ! What a novel concept :shock:

Until then I'm taking my time on every call, and doing a very tedious, thorough investigation. I'm obeying all traffic laws on the way to each and every call (unless a deputy needs help of course), priority 1 or not. And for the multiple updates to each call, I'm pulling off to the side of the road, finding a safe place to park, scanning my surroundings looking for any potential hazards. Then only when I feel it is safe will I read the update to my call. When I'm done reading the first update to my call then I'll wait for traffic to clear and proceed cautiously into the flow of traffic, taking time to signal and most importantly refusing to pull out in front of each and every car that has slowed down for me to get back on the road, because they have the right away should they change their mind, and I'll be found at fault for the crash.

Now mind you many calls have 10 - 20 updates added to them, so I will safely go through this procedure for each and every update that the call gets PER S.O.P.

Yeah, those are the state and federal laws that the raise law is next to.

It's time this county/agency reaps what it has sewn.

Maybe it's in the Bible?

:lol:

Glad to see we have someone with so much honor and pride. Congratulations on your code of honor. You should write a book on bushido. Tell you what, take your time coming to back me up because I would rather wait for a real warrior to show up. Enjoy your career as a follower.

Quote Originally Posted by Guess its the difference
    Glad to see we have someone with so much honor and pride. Congratulations on your code of honor. You should write a book on bushido. Tell you what, take your time coming to back me up because I would rather wait for a real warrior to show up. Enjoy your career as a follower.
    I'm not defending everything that poster had to say, but alot of it is the truth. With the new strict crash policy in place, the office could care less about how difficult it has become to operate the laptops with the constant updates and responding to constant call taker and dispatch messages enroute to hot calls. The onboard computers have become such a distraction that it takes the deputy away from looking for the suspects and driving safely enroute to the call. So combine operating the computer, talking on the radio and answering supervisors or zone partners (if your lucky enough to even have one) calling you on the cell phone enroute to calls and it's a disaster just waiting to happen. The SOP is designed to cover the sheriff's office and fry the deputy if a at-fault crash occurs while the deputy is trying to multi-task and drive. It's amazing the office doesn't have many more crashes with all the distractions a deputy has to deal with while driving and to make the crash policy stricter at a time when job distractions are greater then ever is a darn insult and a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

It's right next to state and federal laws that guarantee we must give everything we have that this job. You know, those state and federal laws that says we must "do more with less". :mrgreen:

As soon as this county/agency starts to "pay more with less" then we will "do more with less". Lead by example ! What a novel concept :shock:

Until then I'm taking my time on every call, and doing a very tedious, thorough investigation. I'm obeying all traffic laws on the way to each and every call (unless a deputy needs help of course), priority 1 or not. And for the multiple updates to each call, I'm pulling off to the side of the road, finding a safe place to park, scanning my surroundings looking for any potential hazards. Then only when I feel it is safe will I read the update to my call. When I'm done reading the first update to my call then I'll wait for traffic to clear and proceed cautiously into the flow of traffic, taking time to signal and most importantly refusing to pull out in front of each and every car that has slowed down for me to get back on the road, because they have the right away should they change their mind, and I'll be found at fault for the crash.

Now mind you many calls have 10 - 20 updates added to them, so I will safely go through this procedure for each and every update that the call gets PER S.O.P.

Yeah, those are the state and federal laws that the raise law is next to.

It's time this county/agency reaps what it has sewn.

How much did you make in 2007? How much did you make in 2009. I know many deputies and/or detectives that received a raise over $20,000 during that time frame. How about you?

As far as pay raises are concerned, it's just unfortunate that the pay freeze has come at time when Hillsborough deputies are being asked to do double & triple the work of years past. The office has made the job the most stressful it has been in the past 17 years I have been here. I work the road on the East side and can tell you for a fact that most days we are getting our butts handed to us just trying to stay afloat in a sea of seemingly never ending calls for service. All I can say is that it is a good thing that heart problems are covered by workers compensation, but a bad thing that I predict many more of these claims in the future due to the current work environment at HCSO. The question should be, how much money is a job this stressful worth? The step raise system was so long overdue at HCSO and finally implemented when the union came onboard, regardless of what anyone says. It's a shame that now without the union, it appears to be on the brink of being taken away again. The office always finds money for all these special projects going on behind the magic curtain, but cannot find a way to keep a system in place that assures it's deputies are paid properly. It's also amazing that HCSO tries to constantly emulate TPD, except when it comes time to emulate their pay!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast