Hiring or Not?

Thread: Hiring or Not?

Hiring or Not?

I was wondering if someone could shed some light on CPD's current hiring/recruiting situation. I have been getting conflicting info, on one side I hear CPD is currently looking at hiring a few. But I also heard you guys have been hit hard with budget cuts and are not filling vacancies. Also heard the take-home cars are being taken away because of the budget. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Hiring or Not?

Either you're looking for a position or not. Take home cars should not matter in the current ecomonic environment. If you want a take home car become a newspaper delivery person.

A take home car is not important to me at all. I just heard you guys are being hit hard with budget cuts and the take home cars were part of the budget cuts. CPD is a squared away agency and I am very interested in working there. Like I said on my original post I heard you were hiring and I heard you weren't hiring. Just looking for info on which is true. Thanks.

Currently accepting applications for future positions. I know they're interviewing and getting a candidate pool together, though I haven't heard of any hiring.

Do a ride along, talk to some local officers and deputies, look at the track records, and by all means, examine the staff and leadership. You'll learn that a larger well respected department would be better. Go with a department in Pinellas that will be around for a long time and is large enough to provide opportunities. Be smart. :cop: