window tint

Thread: window tint

window tint

So I was wondering what its going to take for admin to allow us to put tint on our cars. Every agency around Sumter County has done it. They don't have to foot the bill for it. Make the Deputies thats what WWPD did. Its to freaking hot outside for it not to be done. We get sunburnt sitting in our cars. WTF. something needs to change.....

Re: window tint

Quote Originally Posted by sweating my @$$ Off
    So I was wondering what its going to take for admin to allow us to put tint on our cars. Every agency around Sumter County has done it. They don't have to foot the bill for it. Make the Deputies thats what WWPD did. Its to freaking hot outside for it not to be done. We get sunburnt sitting in our cars. WTF. something needs to change.....

Are you serious???? Are you really serious???? You lil' pansey a$$ ***** lil' crybaby bit^%. Are you really crying the blues because you can't have WINDOW TINT on your patrol car? Did I really read that you typed, "We get sunburnt sitting in our cars?" :shock: :shock:

Who gives a rat's azz if the other agencies in and around Sumter County are allowing their people to put tint on their cars? You are an embarrassment to law enforcement in any capacity. You have no honor towards MY profession, you are a disgrace to law enforcement in general. There is NO DOUBT you are one of the "new breed" of law enforcement officers in that the majority of your generation has no honor, respect or appreciation for this job or those above you in rank. The sad part is that I am only about 10 to 12 years older than you; but I grew in this county where values and respect were taught and earned. Your some lil snotty kid who applied here and was hired here and now you have some sense of entitlement that the agency owes you something. Heres a lil' clue Douchebag Maggilacutty, if you give the agency a full pay period then the agency owes you a full paycheck, thats it, no more, no less. They don't owe you a patrol car to take home, they don't owe you **** other than a paycheck. If you actually pull your a$$ away from the MCT (and your lil' World of Warcraft game) and pull your worthless a$$ out of the window tintless patrol car and talk with bad guys or maybe try to turn on those blue lights every once in a while for a decent traffic stop. Perhaps then you could go to jail and thus get out of the window tintless patrol car....god forbid you get sunburn...you could die from that!

There are police jobs in Wyoming if you're too hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sweating my @$$ Off

There is NO DOUBT you are one of the "new breed" of law enforcement officers in that the majority of your generation has no honor, respect or appreciation for this job or those above you in rank. The sad part is that I am only about 10 to 12 years older than you; but I grew in this county where values and respect were taught and earned. Your some lil snotty kid who applied here and was hired here and now you have some sense of entitlement that the agency owes you something.
    Welcome to Gen Y. This kids were raised during the time where they gave you a trophy for 10th place. They also don't respect authority as you mentioned, but want the "authority" to feel privileged that they are in the Department.

What's more concerning is that they believe that things should be given to them, and not earned...

No one really wants to hear how it was in the "old days," but here goes anyway.

I started policing when cars were stick shift and not air conditioned. I can still remember the night I first saw an FHP car with automatic transmission.

When I began working for HCSO we provided our own car and were paid a car allowance. When I got a little money ahead I hung an underdash add on air conditioner to my car.

When the sun went down the a/c went off and the windows were rolled down. We patrolled malls and business areas with the windows down to better hear what was going on around us and to interact with pedestrians.

Having said all that, I can understand a desire for window tinting to mitigate the heat of the summer sun in Florida, even with air conditioning.

What I can't understand is why someone would get on this site and whine about not being permitted to add it to their patrol car. What was the poster trying to accomplish? An uprising by the troops? Convincing management to relent and allow tinting because they didn't know someone wanted it? What?????

:?: