Ray Swilley's sudden departure
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ray Swilley's sudden departure

Can anyone say why Ray Swilley "really" left the S.O. I have heard it was not of his own choosing but an ultimatum. Can/Will anyone elaborate?

Re: Ray Swilley's sudden departure

Quote Originally Posted by guestxyz
    Can anyone say why Ray Swilley "really" left the S.O. I have heard it was not of his own choosing but an ultimatum. Can/Will anyone elaborate?
    Good heavens, how is this possible? Who was Ray Swilley? :?:

Well Moron, its been close to a year since Swilley retired and it wasn't a sudden ultimatum. He was the focus of a major who was taking another opportunity to slam dunk a white employee. the same Major who I might add was recently DENIED a Police Chief position and also Denied being made the Chief of detention. (I wonder why) the "alleged" charge was such BS and far from the truth, this major ordered the s/w GCU Sgt to take extreme measures to dig up anything to substantiate the claim, which I again might add was from a known black crack dealer who threw out this majors name anytime he was arrested. Not to mention this crack dealer was caught on a recorded jail conversation trying to fabricate and collaborate his story with another member of his crack dealing group. Swilley left on his own terms and is much happier. he is a dying breed of supervisors who didn't care about future promotions and would stand up for his people regardless of the consequences. ( how many supervisors out there would stand their ground against any staff member, in defense of his deputies, knowing full well the vengeance he would probably bring down on their own head ??) AND, even if he did leave under an ultimatum, WHO CARES ? who's business is it? If you want to know anymore, I'm sure there are ways/people who can put you in contact with Swilley and you can be a man and discuss it with him face-2-face.

Yours Truly
    the SWAGGLER !

Quote Originally Posted by Moron
    Well Moron, its been close to a year since Swilley retired and it wasn't a sudden ultimatum. He was the focus of a major who was taking another opportunity to slam dunk a white employee. the same Major who I might add was recently DENIED a Police Chief position and also Denied being made the Chief of detention. (I wonder why) the "alleged" charge was such BS and far from the truth, this major ordered the s/w GCU Sgt to take extreme measures to dig up anything to substantiate the claim, which I again might add was from a known black crack dealer who threw out this majors name anytime he was arrested. Not to mention this crack dealer was caught on a recorded jail conversation trying to fabricate and collaborate his story with another member of his crack dealing group. Swilley left on his own terms and is much happier. he is a dying breed of supervisors who didn't care about future promotions and would stand up for his people regardless of the consequences. ( how many supervisors out there would stand their ground against any staff member, in defense of his deputies, knowing full well the vengeance he would probably bring down on their own head ??) AND, even if he did leave under an ultimatum, WHO CARES ? who's business is it? If you want to know anymore, I'm sure there are ways/people who can put you in contact with Swilley and you can be a man and discuss it with him face-2-face.

Yours Truly
    the SWAGGLER !

Agreed! He was a rare breed and still old school to say the least. It worked. I have not met anyone who WORKED for him say they did not like him. I think the only people that truly did not like him were supervision that he stood up against (cough cough Fleet1). I talked to Swilley from time to time prior to his departure (and after). He had been talking about wanting to retire for well over a year but often said he just wanted to wait until he got to his 20 year mark. Afterwards, he told me that he was not forced out. He did say that he was tired of the extreme measures some would go through in order to find a reason to discredit a deputy and that it was not worth the hassle anymore.

He will always be my favorite Sarge. He's done a lot for several very good deputies and supervisors through out his career. He has also done an abundance of great things for the community that often went without being noticed. He did not care about receiving personal credit or awards. He did always push to have his people recognized though.

It's easy to ask stupid questions and try to stir the pot when you never knew the man. only having known the man a short time, he reminded me of my father because everybody around him was more important to him than himself. when the sheriffs office hosted a golf tournament to benefit Matt & DiOGi who do you think they turned to to get it set up and who do you think was behind getting all of the high dollar gifts to raffle ? there have been several golf events and other fund raisers that sgt swilley was put in charge of because the ones who wanted to look good in the end knew swilley was the one to make it go off without a hitch. there is a deputy working here right now, who like the rest of us, always wanted to be a deputy but couldn't afford to go to the academy, couldn't afford a gun and bullets ect and who do you think paid for everything so this young man could follow his dream. yes you guessed it, RAY SWILLEY paid 100% of everything this young man needed and in return only asked this young man to be honest and true to his word and be a good deputy.

if you want to vent about people who deserved to be fired and hopefully will be arrested, look no further than recent headlines. how about you rant and rave about the recent firing of a pos tampa pd employee who helped dantae morris evade capture by feeding vital information to her daughter, who in turn, passed it on to dantae and his brother, because to this waste of society, the "code of the hood" is stronger to her than state law, federal law, GODS LAW.

All these people idolizing Ray,,,, I got one question, if he was such a great person, I just wonder what his wife has to say about his committment, dedication, and honesty with her? Your true self starts at home with your family. Your honesty with the ones that love you the most define what kind of person you are. He was none of that. He was and always will be a liar, cheater and out for one person, HIMSELF! come on guys, he was a player and a con.

Who cares why he left? Fact is he's outta this dump and is much happier for it! Who starts crap like this?

To "Yeah Right"...I worked for Ray for over 2 years. He ALWAYS had my back and stood up for the deputies who worked for him. I'm not sure what kind of past you and Ray have but to come on here and anonymously blast him...call him a liar and con...that's not right man. Why don't you post your name? It's not like Ray works here anymore and could cause you any work-related grief so go on, let everyone know who's behind the mask. That would be the honorable thing to do. And by the way, if you don't want to do that, I'm sure Swilley would allow me to personally give you his # so you could tell him all these nasty things one on one. That's how men solve problems.

Why would they want Swilley out? Was it because when the hurricanes hit and Deputies were sent to LA to take charge of the area he got donations of food seriously by the truck load for the citizens and law enforcement, NO. Maybe it was because he located people in other counties as well as polk to donate bags and bags of toys and other gifts for children so that under priveledged children would have several gifts from santa to open on christmas, still no. Maybe it was the Easter Baskets Swilley got donated so kids would have a way to celebrate Easter, still no. I know it had to be the fact that I saw him stop in the Villa and finish cutting an elderly womans grass (in uniform) when she looked like she was about to pass out from the heat, no.

He kept crime down was able to solve crimes and make informants when cases were at a stand still by just talking to people and being able to listen and not just hear people. He would go to bat for his guys and make sure if they were right that they were represented and if they were wrong that they were still treated fairly.

You really don't know what you are talking about. Wonder how RS had all those contacts? He was taking on the side, that's why. He had "special details" that we didn't know about. How else could he afford a "friends" condo, his wife's home, and children to raise???? Sgt's pay is not that good. yea, he had contacts alright!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast