New Chief - Page 15
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: New Chief

Re: New Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Morima
    I have never in my life witnessed such a compilation of gossip and slander. If you people really are Coral Gables Officers I will do my best to find out who you are and recommend that you are removed from the Police Force. You behavior is shameful.
    I don't know if you are a female or male, but you really are a piece of work. Whoever you are, you must enjoy misery because you seem to go out of your way to become involve in something that does not concern you. You must be a very lonely and miserable person with nothing of importance to do, or maybe you are an escaped mental patient. Hmmm, things to ponder, how many crazies are in the Gables that are not in uniform. By the way are you related to Brown> :evil:

CN will be the worse thing for CGPD just look at what he did to us here at MBPD. I am sorry for you guys but I am happy he is out of here. maybe now we will have a real Chief.

From Leo Affiars MBPD:

Ladies and Gentlemen. It is quite obvious by now the Chief does not care if his two associates, shady as they are, have access to the Police Department. There are other Brass and Officers that buddy around with these two guys.

1st-if the Chief or Brass were concerned with professional appearance of not having these two have access to the station or Police related activties, they would ask them both not to. Their private lives is just that, private. If they want to affiliate with them on a non-professional capacity, more power to them. (for years now, the two, felons or not. shady or not, still are welcomed into OUR Professional capacity. meaning Chief or Brass don't care or choose our disgruntleness over asking them to stop).

2nd-if the two felons/or shady characters are such close friends with the Chief or Brass, you would think they would cease such close affiliation when it comes to Professional relations and stick with it on a private level. It's not about hating on you 2 guys, but what counts more. If you don't care if your friend, the Chief, is seperated further negatively from his department, then keep doing what you are doing. If you do care about your close friend, the chief, then think about him and step back a little on your own and be friends with him on private time, and stop brining his already tarnished reputation lower by being in his Professional time (police functions/at the station/etc)Guest

Crime on Miami Beach was up nearly 11 percent during the first six months of the year, according to a recently released report of statewide crime statistics.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Semi-Annual Uniform Crime Report shows that Miami Beach dealt with more than 4,900 reported crimes during the first half of the year -- the highest number between January and June since 2004.

An analysis of the agency's report, along with semi-annual reports of previous years, shows that during the first half of 2010:

• Miami Beach police investigated six homicides -- the most in 11 years.

• Property crimes such as burglaries reached the highest number in six years.

• Violent crimes increased to their highest level since 2007.

• The 31 rapes reported were the most since 2006.

• Reports of larcenies -- minor property crimes that Police Chief Carlos Noriega has dubbed his department's ``Achilles' Heel'' -- were the highest since 2003.

Meanwhile, FDLE reports show the 4,925 arrests during the first half of the year are the fewest since 2006.

Noriega said Thursday that the numbers in the report reflect an intense first half of the year that, along with the usual major events such as Memorial Day, also saw a two-week period during which the Pro Bowl and Super Bowl came to town.

``Even though the six months were high, it was the busiest period I've seen in my 27-year career,'' he said.

Department statistics show that crime dropped since June.

As of Aug. 31, murders, rapes, robberies and car thefts are at the same level or lower than the same crimes committed during the same time period last year. Burglaries, aggravated assaults and larcenies remained high.

Violent crimes between January and the end of August fell slightly below the same time period last year, but overall crime remained up more than six percent.

That continues a trend in which crime has increased slightly in the city every year since Noriega assumed control of the department in 2007, which he attributes to an increase in larcenies.

Speaking to the city's Police Citizen's Relations Committee Tuesday, Noriega said the rising number of larcenies hasn't just coincided with his tenure as chief, but also with the souring of the economy and a steadily decreasing police force due to budget constraints.

He said policing the city becomes harder with less resources.

``I'm sure we'd have an impact,'' with more officers, he said. ``But there's no empirical evidence to show that it would have a major impact.''

The state released the report shortly after the city approved a third consecutive police budget that increased in cost but reduced the amount of sworn officers. Police records show that since 2007, the number of budgeted sworn personnel has dropped from 403 to 370.

Civilian support positions have also decreased in the same three-year period.

But as staffing has dropped the last three years, the department's budget has increased, which Noriega says is due to costs associated with pensions and wages.

Of the department's $82 million budget submitted this year by Noriega, almost $66 million went to employee costs.

Though crime has curtailed in the last few months, perception remains that it is up.

``Most people feel things are not where they were,'' said Frank Kruszewski, a member of the Citizen's Relations Committee. ``I can't put my finger on why, whether it's the department's fault or just the economy.''

And it's not just residents who feel that way.

Gus Sanchez, a detective in the city's violent crimes division and vice president of the city's police union, said he's surprised the increase this year wasn't higher.

``Do I have the data to prove it? No,'' he said. ``But any reasonable person that sees the increase in homelessness, club activity at night, shootings and craziness that goes on, I think it makes sense to say crime is up more than 10 percent.''

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415