Locking Computers

Locking Computers

What a wonderful officer safety idea to lock the computers every few minutes. It is already difficult enough to do the control, alt, delete at the same time, but it takes two hands to type these ridiculous passwords we have been required to have. Is there something that precipitated this? Some incident of computer compromise? I think not, just another power-hungry moron shoving crap down our throats.

Re: Locking Computers

Effective Aug. 1, 2010 all passwords will be required to be 39 characters in length and they can not include any numbers or letters. Please be prepared to comply on this date.

Thank you.
    I.T. Director

Quote Originally Posted by What Idiot Made THIS Decision
    What a wonderful officer safety idea to lock the computers every few minutes. It is already difficult enough to do the control, alt, delete at the same time, but it takes two hands to type these ridiculous passwords we have been required to have. Is there something that precipitated this? Some incident of computer compromise? I think not, just another power-hungry moron shoving crap down our throats.
    In the jail they are worried inmates will access sensitive info! Maybe the brains who decided to put the desk so jag-offs on the rec yard can see and run behind the desk as soon as you leave to let someone in or do your rounds, should have thought about that! Hey the desk can still be moved or enclosed-what say you jimmy p................................ :devil:

I ll say it again, when you hire commanders that have no clue about local detention and local law enforcement this is what you get. Why the hell are computers within reach of inmates. This is too funny, blows my mind when we hire people who have never been involved in a car pursuit yet they are making policy for crashes n pursuits. Politics rule.

I can understand the computers in some areas of the office locking down after a little while but having our patrol vehicle laptops lock down is beyond me. Case in pont. I was on a call the other day and was along way from my vehicle. One of my squad mates who's vehicle was close by handed me his keys and asked me to use his vehicles laptop and run a suspect for him. We had been at the call for a few minutes. I went to his car and low and behold the dang thing was in full vapor lock down mode. My zone partner left the suspect and came over to relog onto his computer after he heard me calling it everything except a child of god. Oh yeah, did I mention that the suspect had an active warrant. The warrant was for nothing serious and he was kind enough to hang out and wait for us to get the laptop under controll but what if things had of been different. And don't say use your radio and call dp3 cause we all know that were gonna hear "last unit x23" and that it's alot quicker for us to run someone ourselves instead of waiting on "x23".