Retire Now - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Retire Now

Re: Retire Now

NMB has a balanced budget and financially the city is in the black. There is no reason anyone should be layed off and no salaries should be cut. Some of our unethical council only want to take from us because they are paying attention to the STP's. We need to stick together and keep our jobs and current salaries. The only ones that are going to suffer if those cuts are implemented are the people the police department serve. Wake up and extend the pension and lets move on. We will deal with next year next year. Besides think about the large amount of money the city is going to receive from the census count. We should have plenty of money. The only money I can see the city wasting is the law suits they will have to pay if they continue to make poor decisions.

Re: Retire Now

Just a thought...

Is it possible for our union to create a committee to look into a health insurance group plans for the PO's only? I am mentioning this because of the recent statements made by some Acehole politicians.

If they jack up our contribution maybe it would be better for us to get our own plan. Also I think that since we have a lot of healthy young adults we mitigate the liability for the entire city plan. This way if we leave their rates will get higher and maybe they will re-consider the contribution changes they are wishing for. I think this was the reason for the reduced rates in the first place.

These morons obviously don't think things through. That is why they have a few law suits coming down the pipe against the city and each councilman personally. Not to mention criminal inquiries pending.

I spoke to a retired ex-employee who currently has a better insurance company and pays less then our "reduced rate".

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456