the B!+<# box

Thread: the B!+<# box

Post the B!+<# box

As this site gets rolling within the dept I thought this would be a place for us all to be able to air what we needed to. So with out delay..........why, why why is one of the (seemingly) main proponents of making changes to the way our shifts work given a K-9 spot. When part of his arguement for change is not enough time off? It makes no sense doesn't getting the dog add a couple of more days that he'll have to train and not be off? Just wondering.
    :devil:

Re: the B!+<# box

Well, what you have there is someone that is never satisfied...the officer in question, though yes, he's fairly new to the agency was assigned to a shift where he's given preferential treatment by his peers and his supervisors..and due to this, he's in a spot where he will continue to be given that preferential treatment, the "i'm never satisfied" attitude..But he's not the only one on the department like that...K-9 is a dedicated assignment and does require many hours over and above what the normal patrolman works...."IF" this officer was complaining of being tired or overworked prior to his being assigned to K-9, he's in no position to complain now as he voluntarliy accepted a more time consuming position. But no one can point a finger at him for this...it is the supervision, from immediate to administrative, and the City administration (i.e. city manager) , the "final decision makers" that needs to be questioned about the issue of why the officers are "fatigued"...The talks of rotating shifts from nights to days to reduce or "fix" the fatigue problem has been addressed by numerous agencies across the nation. This is not a new "trend"..this has been a problem in police work for ions...There are numerous study's...all clearly showing that rotating shifts are not the answer. all it does is make the situation worse...Bottom line, shift rotation does not work! Back when I started my career, (I know, people reading this are rolling there eyes about "back in the day comments") Seniorority MEANT SOMETHING! Even if that something was as small as shift preference. I worked mids for YEARS! It wasn't until either someone retired or voluntarily left a day shift spot open or died!, were you able to POSSIBLY move to a day shift spot, again, based on SENIORITY! That is just one of the MANY issues that need to be addressed pertaining to the working conditions within the police department...

I for one want to say that this forum is awsome and is a higly valuable aide...I think this is an excellent way for the men and women of the Bristol, TN P.D. to be able to discuss the "REAL" issues that plague the Department...I for one will be spreading the word to the people that have a true concern and interest in their police department..If this message board was created..there surely must be some issues within the agency that the citizens need to become invovled with...I will be closely monitoring this board..and inviting a few "friends of the police" to particpate and assist...

Unhappy Re: the B!+<# box

So while talking with a friend I heard that there may have been a study conducted in regards to the swing shifts that we are possibly regressing to. Supposedly this study was conducted during chief Wamplers administration and was the reason that the shifts went to the way they are now, because of the study showing that the citys liability was increasedwhen officers worked swing shifts. That being said, why is this even being considered by our liability frightened admin?

Talking Re: the B!+<# box

Quote Originally Posted by oh by the way
    So while talking with a friend I heard that there may have been a study conducted in regards to the swing shifts that we are possibly regressing to. Supposedly this study was conducted during chief Wamplers administration and was the reason that the shifts went to the way they are now, because of the study showing that the citys liability was increasedwhen officers worked swing shifts. That being said, why is this even being considered by our liability frightened admin?

Well..let's see...because your administration has lost touch with reality!! You have a Road Capt. that runs around fumfering like a bumbling idiot...He's such a yes man...walks around on eggshells like everyone else...He goes around having these so called "meetings" with the rank and file defending officers he says are being "fingered out unjustly" as being the complainants about the crappy shift hours...Matt says since the inception of the latest shifts we work, he's "benchmarked" a specific date when the change happend and says the "STATS" shwo a decline in "numbers"...it has nothing to do with fatigue...which he says is the reason for the lower numbers...well, the real reason is...GIVE THESE GUYS PAY RAISES ALREADY!!! how long do you expect these guys to bust their asses everyday when everything around them gets more costly...STOP SHITTING ON THE MEN AND WOMEN WHEN SOME GROUNDHOG COMES IN AND "COMPLAINS" ABOUT AN OFFICER!!! WHICH, I have to get this off my chest as, this was a complete screw job by the administration....WTF is with the firing of Ginsburg!!!! He wasn't exactly a hotshot go getter BUT,Jesus!! he certainly didn't deserve to get canned for the BS reason he was fired for!! Poor guy is gonna lose his house for christ sake!!! Hell, we are all guilty of giving legal advice to friends....guess that means I can't ask another officer what is a good place to eat...or....hey, who's your Dr.??? The department is slowly taking control of your lives outside of work....do you see the dictatorship beginning????

Most of the studies regarding rotating shifts did show increased health issues, problems falling asleep, decreased energy and awareness levels, etc... But, they also showed that many of those symptoms decrease when the rotation period is increased to at least 90 days. The issue there being a 90 day rotation doesn't solve the problems that were being addressed when the rotating shifts were being proposed.

As for seniority: In my mind there is a difference between seniority and longevity. Some of our brethern have managed to stay away from the axe by do only that amount of work necessary to keep them out of hot water. The rest of us take up the slack for them. Why should they get first choice of shifts? Days off? Vacation?

Remember, some people look out for everyone around them, and some people only look out for themselves. Cops are pretty perceptive people most of the time, but when it comes to looking at a brother in blue they often overlook faults they would immediately find in a regular joe.

As for Ginsburg, well, don't believe everything you hear. Personally, I wish the admininstration had the nads to get rid of four or five more. They are dead weight, and they do nothing but make it that much harder on the ones of us that want to work and try and do a good job. They are the reason for crap like the new facebook policy because they can't be trusted to do the right thing. All of us then suffer as a consequence. It ain't right, but that is the way it happens in police work all the time. Some of the people that have been here a while could probably pick up the GOs and point out, "that is the so-and-so rule" for about half the stuff that is in those books.

:evil: To all that read this forum. What happens when a patrolman disrespects a supervisor or makes a comment that is out of line? (He or she gets reprimanded or maybe fired). Ok, now what happens when a Sgt. acts like an unprofessional six year old and tells a patrolman to shut the **** up because he thinks the patrolman has diarrhea of the mouth when the patrolman attempts to make a valid point when being fussed at? you give up? I will tell you then......................(Not a f#*cking thing). And he says we need verbal judo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if thats what you learn in verbal judo, i dont want that school.

just for the record, this question arose because i heard about a conversation that occurred on that shifts roll call. a Sgt was fussing because the shift stats were not as good as the other night shift stats. that Sgt doesnt realize that the other night shift has two Sgt's that are accually "working supervisors". they are not affraid to conduct field sobriety after stopping a car. they are not afraid to call someone off of a call and take that report. i know the unprofessional Sgt was lazy as hell before being promoted, and now he wants to yell and scream at the officers who accually do more work than he has ever done.

to all the officers who still hold out hope that believe, "This to shall pass"
    and remember to watch your backs, "THE DVIL IS INSIDE THE WALLS" :twisted:

Real name

This post was deleted by the moderators.

Smile Re: the B!+<# box

Quote Originally Posted by Anotherpointview
    Most of the studies regarding rotating shifts did show increased health issues, problems falling asleep, decreased energy and awareness levels, etc... But, they also showed that many of those symptoms decrease when the rotation period is increased to at least 90 days. The issue there being a 90 day rotation doesn't solve the problems that were being addressed when the rotating shifts were being proposed.

As for seniority: In my mind there is a difference between seniority and longevity. Some of our brethern have managed to stay away from the axe by do only that amount of work necessary to keep them out of hot water. The rest of us take up the slack for them. Why should they get first choice of shifts? Days off? Vacation?

Remember, some people look out for everyone around them, and some people only look out for themselves. Cops are pretty perceptive people most of the time, but when it comes to looking at a brother in blue they often overlook faults they would immediately find in a regular joe.

As for Ginsburg, well, don't believe everything you hear. Personally, I wish the admininstration had the nads to get rid of four or five more. They are dead weight, and they do nothing but make it that much harder on the ones of us that want to work and try and do a good job. They are the reason for crap like the new facebook policy because they can't be trusted to do the right thing. All of us then suffer as a consequence. It ain't right, but that is the way it happens in police work all the time. Some of the people that have been here a while could probably pick up the GOs and point out, "that is the so-and-so rule" for about half the stuff that is in those books.
    I was told someone was talking negatively about me on this site and though I wasn't going to come look on here as I have better things to do than dwell on my past at the BTPD, I decided to speak my mind so, this is Ginsburg talkin now..Yeah, not hiding behind some bullshit screen name..so,WHAT EXACTLY DID YOU HEAR???? When you segue.. (sorry, is that word too big for you???)..into how admin should have the "nads" to get rid of four or five more for being as you percieve them as being "dead weight" and how "they do nothing but make it that much harder on the "ones of us"... (love that grammar, ones of us huh... learn proper grammar! Your probably one of those officers Charlie Thomas refers to who can't even write a proper report by the looks of it!)...that want to "work and try and do a good job" and how "they" (presuming the dead weight) are the reason for some bullshit policy dictating how you interact on social networking sites..quit crying and get over yourself! If Blaine were progressive, he'd also be on Facebook and any other social network site...I mean, the Sheriff of Sullivan County is on there as well as dozens of his employees and they don't seem to have issues with it!! Heck, Blaine's own wife has a Facebook page!! Is he dictating how she uses it to??? You have no clue what happend with that bullshit disciplinary action! I was IA'd twice and in both instances, there wasn't a shred of proof i did anything wrong..wanna know why??? Because nothing wrong was done! Both investigations were completely subjective!! That was Blaine Wade being the unfair man he is! And then you have the attrocious way the investigations are conducted...i won't even go there!..I went to my "appeal" meeting and laid it out on the line...FOR YOU GUYS!!... I took up for every last one of you! I told Blaine he should take the time to truly get to know the officers that work for him as you guys were great officers! How I told him, Belva Hale and Jeff Broughton that everyone walks around on egg shells! How morale is in the toilet! That it wouldn't hurt to let a guy know he or she is appreciated JUST BECAUSE!! How I told him that they have created an atmosphere that guys are constantly calling their supervisors on the most simplest of calls to "get approval for making a simple decision"..that's not safe! How I told him due to this atmosphere they've created, someone is gonna get hurt or god forbid killed!!...YES I said all that and more knowing full well I didnt have a chance in hell of winning that appeal but it NEEDED to be said!! At that point I had nothing to lose....who, if anyone working there now has the nerve to approach Blaine and speak their mind??!?! No one does!! Because you all fear him!! Afraid to give an honest opinion for fear you'll wear the target on your back next!! Poor Capt. Austin, he's heard my opinions countless times ....but I knew my opinions fell on deaf ears when Broughton sits there, eyebrows raised, even rolled his eyes as i spoke of these issues...so don't sit there and start talkin about brothers in blue and all that crap..you've proven with your posting here that your definately not one of them..You sound like one of those officers there that are just as guilty for brown nosing the administration...to gain what??? A spot on SWAT?? CID?? VICE?? K-9?? Oh wait!! Maybe to get into "Community Policing"...Man please! I never went on shift with the "i'm better than you attitude". I did my job, handled my own and certainly didn't need some 2 or 3 year veteran (which your probably one of) to assist me in my job!..you may have viewed me in a negative light and that's fine...to each their own pal! But before you start talkin crap about someone..be man enough to approach the person and tell em to their face. Which no one did while I worked there... I'd respect any man that did that more so than the likes of you! For those of you that were sincerely my friends, i'll always have your back...to the rest of you...go screw yourselves!

Miss ya, Stewie! Thanks for speaking for us when you know you didn't have to say a word. People, if you are unhappy then do something about it! Talk to your supervisors and attend the City Manager's breakfast when you are invited. Yes, it may fall on deaf ears but document it and down the road it may come in handy. There is a long list of agencies across this nation that have banded together and made a difference within their department and within their city. Nothing is going to change unless we band together and make it happen! People are happy to ***** about supervisors, admin, policies, lack of raises, and low morale but no one wants to lay their nads on the table and do anything about it.

Hey Stewart...don't listen to the crap you might be hearing...there were a lot of people here that were disgusted about what happend to you with that. Everyone knows Blaine had it out for you for awhile. It was a matter of time. Shame you couldnt leave on your own terms though. I think you were given a blessing in disguise truthfully. You'll be back in the saddle soon...just keep a positive outlook and remember, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."