It is time for a change.

It is time for a change.

This message is not meant to tear down or insult anyone for a change. It is a call for everyone who works here to stick together during this time of great unrest at the police department. I am not talking about the financial issues affecting not only police officers but the enitre country. Those types of things are uncontrollable and have a way of working themselves out in time. I am speaking of the great divide that exists in this department between the officers and decision makers (the upstairs) of the organization. In any type of business the workers and the bosses usually do not see eye to eye on many issues but I believe that things have gotten way out of hand here recently. In the past few months there has been a large amount of blatent injustices occurring in many cases at the administration level. Many (if not all) of the hard working cops here have come to me in a variety of situations where they have felt significantly wronged by the same people who are supposed to have our best interest and safety in mind. Unfourtunately some of our leaders have used their positions of power to either settle personal issues with subordinates or further their own agendas by making others look bad. Not only are these countless actions improper and sometimes immoral but in most cases have caused our department to deteriorate greatly from within. We (including myself) have stood by to long with our mouths shut in a hope that things will get better so we can continue to provide a quality police service for the great citizens of this city. However, it appears that these things are not only continuing but are constantly getting worse by the day. This proves that thes problems should no longer be ignored. There are a few things going on currently going on behind the scenes which will hopefully bring some of these ongoing problems to light. I am going to ask all of the cops to be supportive to one another especially during the next few months. You should continue to do your best despite these obstacles and stick up for one another when you can. To the people who have caused this situation from the top spot down please be aware that we are not happy and are tired of being treated like dogs. Please take a long look at yourselves and ask yourself if you are treating others like you yourself would want to be treated. I pledge to do my best with the limited means I have to try and make things better for the "little guys" around here. I encourage you all to have faith in the process and your union representatives.

Re: It is time for a change.

This post sounds like a union prez who has had some heat put on him for not knowing how to do his job. Stripes are nice and so is the $$$ that goes with them but sometimes they expose someone who didn't earn them! It's about time Delray got back to basics. Some good young motivated officers who want to learn and some experienced sergeants and lieutenants to teach them and hold them accountable. Some timely retirements of some weak bosses and some cancerous officers! Now the "imposters" will be exposed. Strong leaders like Goldman and Battiloro will continue to put the heat on those who ain't doing the job right. They have taken over where Milenkovic left off. Despite some union issues because of a bad economy, Delray Police will march on. Those that do their job will hold their head high while the "imposters" will continue to *****, file grievences and continue to blame everyone else. They will lead miserable careers never being qualified to work in a specialty unit. We can only hope the heat gets hot enough and they go to the Sheriffs Office!

Re: It is time for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by callnit
    This post sounds like a union prez who has had some heat put on him for not knowing how to do his job. Stripes are nice and so is the $$$ that goes with them but sometimes they expose someone who didn't earn them! It's about time Delray got back to basics. Some good young motivated officers who want to learn and some experienced sergeants and lieutenants to teach them and hold them accountable. Some timely retirements of some weak bosses and some cancerous officers! Now the "imposters" will be exposed. Strong leaders like Goldman and Battiloro will continue to put the heat on those who ain't doing the job right. They have taken over where Milenkovic left off. Despite some union issues because of a bad economy, Delray Police will march on. Those that do their job will hold their head high while the "imposters" will continue to *****, file grievences and continue to blame everyone else. They will lead miserable careers never being qualified to work in a specialty unit. We can only hope the heat gets hot enough and they go to the Sheriffs Office!
    Hey "Callnit" you have something on your chin, make sure you wipe before you leave your house.