What's this? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's this?

Re: What's this?

I now understand why there is so much frustration with Hislop. I live in GJ and this guy will lie about anything to get a vote. He is a classic POSER and habitual lier. I can say I have never personally seen anything like this in my life. He has lied about his RID posting, He has lied about his religion, and he won't even discuss his time as president of the AFAUSSS. He is a 66 year old man that hasn't figured out who he is so he becomes a camelion. Very SAD!

He will probably be elected by an ignorant electorate. But, he will be a Freshman Representative with no seniority. Even if the Republicans take back the House, he will be nothing more than a chair warmer for two years. He would get an annual salary of $174,000 but he wouldn't be eligible for a pension unless he serves 5 years. Since he can't fly for free, he will most likely have to obtain and maintain a separate residence in DC and only be able to return home during a congressional recess. Given that 75% of Americans disapprove of the job Congress is doing, I can't imagine why Mr. Hislop would want to jump into that circus at his age. Despite all his shortcomings, I shudder to think that he is so naive to believe that he, as a Freshman Congressman, can begin to make a difference in the two years his constituents will allow him.

Quote Originally Posted by worfusa2008
    He will probably be elected by an ignorant electorate. But, he will be a Freshman Representative with no seniority. Even if the Republicans take back the House, he will be nothing more than a chair warmer for two years. He would get an annual salary of $174,000 but he wouldn't be eligible for a pension unless he serves 5 years. Since he can't fly for free, he will most likely have to obtain and maintain a separate residence in DC and only be able to return home during a congressional recess. Given that 75% of Americans disapprove of the job Congress is doing, I can't imagine why Mr. Hislop would want to jump into that circus at his age. Despite all his shortcomings, I shudder to think that he is so naive to believe that he, as a Freshman Congressman, can begin to make a difference in the two years his constituents will allow him.
    Only problem with your posting is he is running for a state office, not federal.

That's right. But, do you think that, once elected to State office, Mr. Hislop will be satisfied with that? I seem to recall a one-term state senator from Illinois, who used that office as a springboard to the U.S Senate. After one term there, he found himself sitting in the Oval Office I don't think that Mr. Hislop has the "charisma" of that office holder, nor can he "make good speeches". I do think, however, that Mr. Hislop's ambitions know no bounds and he will not be satisfied with being a one-term state representative.

That's right. But, do you think that, once elected to State office, Mr. Hislop will be satisfied with that? I seem to recall a one-term state senator from Illinois, who used that office as a springboard to the U.S Senate. After one term there, he found himself sitting in the Oval Office I don't think that Mr. Hislop has the "charisma" of that office holder, nor can he "make good speeches". I do think, however, that Mr. Hislop's ambitions know no bounds and he will not be satisfied with being a one-term state representative.
    Nice try at covering up a faux pas, but the fact is you thought he was running for federal office.

But, no problem. If you don't like him you are not alone.

I think you are jumping way too far ahead. My reply was based on your original posting which certainly indicated you assumed he was running for a U. S. congressional seat and not a state office seat. I don't disagree with your second posting but he has not yet won any elected office , state or federal.

Here is a new story on Hislop not completing a Q & A. He has even taken the post off of his facebook. This guy is really slick at dodging the hard questions. This is an outrage! http://themoveright.com/2010/06/17/colo ... ob-hislop/

Quote Originally Posted by Still Hiding in Secret

It's not a link unless you put it inside the URL designators. Click on the URL button above the text area and put the site information inside them, thus:

http://themoveright.com/2010/06/17/c...nd-bob-hislop/

THAT is a link.

:mrgreen:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234