What's this? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's this?

Re: What's this?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Help!
    Here are more links to write letters to the editor regarding Hislop's presidency.

http://www.deltacountyindependent.com/i ... Itemid=353

http://www.mountainvalleynews.net/compo ... /1/15.html

There are only a short 60 days and this election is over. Please help keep past president out of office and not allow him to continue his legacy of spend spend spend. :cop:
    Since you are so set on preventing his election, would you be interested in posting your true identity?

I thought not.

:|
    A better question is if you know him, why would you want him elected?
    Didn't say I did. Just didn't think he should get all of the "credit" for things that were done by an entire board of directors.
    The rest of the BOD is not running for elected office. Note only one former BOD was re-elected. BTW I noticed you didn't identify yourself, yet you criticize others for not doing so. Very one way aren't you.

Found this on the Internet and thought it might have some bearing on this issue. Draw your own conclusions:

"What is the difference between a politician and a public servant?

Politicians are concerned with power. Public servants are concerned with people.

Politicians look at public office as a symbol of prestige. Public servants look at public office as a privilege.

Politicians look at polls and news media to tell them where to stand on the issues.
    Public servants stand on principle."

[quote=Another question.]
    Quote Originally Posted by Help!":wfiga1im]Here are more links to write letters to the editor regarding Hislop's presidency.

[url="http://www.deltacountyindependent.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=47&I temid=353
    http://www.deltacountyindependent.com/i ... Itemid=353[/url]

There are only a short 60 days and this election is over. Please help keep past president out of office and not allow him to continue his legacy of spend spend spend. :cop:
    Since you are so set on preventing his election, would you be interested in posting your true identity?

I thought not.

Didn't say I did. Just didn't think he should get all of the "credit" for things that were done by an entire board of directors.
    The rest of the BOD is not running for elected office. Note only one former BOD was re-elected. BTW I noticed you didn't identify yourself, yet you criticize others for not doing so. Very one way aren't you.[/quote:wfiga1im]

The difference might be that I'm simply calling for fairness in judging a man's actions as part of a group while you are handing out pitchforks and torches for other people to storm the castle; people who would have to sign their true names to letters to the editor, but you don't have one published yourself.

I'm not supporting the guy for election. Just saying that the mismanagement that you attribute to him was a group action. Do we have a roll call vote record that shows how he voted on all of the issues that you condemn him for?

That brings up an interesting question; is the new board being more fiscally responsible and keeping good records of individual votes on issues?

Quote Originally Posted by exposed!
    It looks to me that most of the board has donated to his campaign.
    The current board or the members who served on the board with him?

Name names.

[quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by Another question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Help!":u40ixng4]Here are more links to write letters to the editor regarding Hislop's presidency.

[url="http://www.deltacountyindependent.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=47&I temid=353
    http://www.deltacountyindependent.com/i ... Itemid=353[/url]

I thought not.

The rest of the BOD is not running for elected office. Note only one former BOD was re-elected. BTW I noticed you didn't identify yourself, yet you criticize others for not doing so. Very one way aren't you.
    The difference might be that I'm simply calling for fairness in judging a man's actions as part of a group while you are handing out pitchforks and torches for other people to storm the castle; people who would have to sign their true names to letters to the editor, but you don't have one published yourself.

I'm not supporting the guy for election. Just saying that the mismanagement that you attribute to him was a group action. Do we have a roll call vote record that shows how he voted on all of the issues that you condemn him for?

That brings up an interesting question; is the new board being more fiscally responsible and keeping good records of individual votes on issues?

.[/quote:u40ixng4]

You hit a major part of the problem right on the nail. During his administration we don't have a roll call vote on anything and very few records or postings on Oldstar of the activities of the entire board. We do have several instances of "HIS" censorship alone on Oldstar, not the entire BOD's censorship. Be honest. If you are not supporting him are you against his election or just playing devil's advocate?

"The buck stops here." - Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Support?
    You hit a major part of the problem right on the nail. During his administration we don't have a roll call vote on anything and very few records or postings on Oldstar of the activities of the entire board. We do have several instances of "HIS" censorship alone on Oldstar, not the entire BOD's censorship. Be honest. If you are not supporting him are you against his election or just playing devil's advocate?

I do not support his candidacy. However, I do not live in the district in Colorado that he seeks to represent so have no direct interest in the outcome of the election. I suspect that you don't live in the district either.

I wonder if your opposition is based upon a concern for the people of Colorado or is based on your personal animus toward him and is simply because you don't want to see him achieve a position of prestige. I don't accuse you of that, but am simply wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Support?

I do not support his candidacy. However, I do not live in the district in Colorado that he seeks to represent so have no direct interest in the outcome of the election. I suspect that you don't live in the district either.

I wonder if your opposition is based upon a concern for the people of Colorado or is based on your personal animus toward him and is simply because you don't want to see him achieve a position of prestige. I don't accuse you of that, but am simply wondering.
    It is very simple, I don't want to see him ruin any elected office regardless of the position and have a deleterious effect on the people of Colorado as his did on the members of AFAUSSS. If elected and and his actions follow his past actions, I would not want anyone to be aware that he was previously a member of the USSS and associate the rest of us with him. You can call it personal if you please and perhaps it is because his past actions affected me and many others. I would think the people in his district would want the "best" to represent them and they won't get that with him if he is elected. He is probably looking at his effort to obtain this position as a stepping stone to bigger and better things (for him). You keep stating you don't support his candidacy, but apparently you support him and that is just as bad.

You keep stating you don't support his candidacy, but apparently you support him and that is just as bad.

Support him?

Not a bit.

I just know he didn't act alone and that the rest of the people who served with him on that particular board of directors share the blame for the shameful things he did.

He shouldn't get all the "credit."

:wink:

You keep stating you don't support his candidacy, but apparently you support him and that is just as bad.

Support him?

Not a bit.

I just know he didn't act alone and that the rest of the people who served with him on that particular board of directors share the blame for the shameful things he did.

He shouldn't get all the "credit."

:wink:

Again I make my point none of the other former BOD members are running for elected office to my knowledge. If they were my position would be the same towards them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast