Contracts?? No Money in Hialeah?
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Post Contracts?? No Money in Hialeah?

I personally could a rats arse about the politics in this crapola hole of a city that we work for. The only reason I pretend to even care is because we are going to get screwed royally with our next contract.

So here it is:

http://cbs4.com/local/hialeah.gio.benit ... 90916.html

Click on it and see (video feed) from the horses, I mean jack arses, mouth himself. "No, we don't have a deficit today, but if we don't make changes moving forward, we would have a deficit," said Mayor Robaina.

So which is it? I thought the City didnt have money. I'm not a big fan of Alex Morales but I sincerely hope he helps uncover where the $$$ went. If the city doesnt have a deficit now then the layoffs and 20-something officer positions that were cut from HPD should suffice in making up the difference.

MR. MAYOR, "SHOW US THE $$$$"

Re: Contracts?? No Money in Hialeah?

The Mayor is a big big big crook.
    He still owes close to a million dollars to a former business partner over
    a real estate deal in Hialeah Gardens. BTW He didn't pay taxes on any of his proceeds
    from the sale of the building where CH41 now resides.

IRS CID are you listening ?

Re: Contracts??

Quote Originally Posted by Sandal
    The Mayor is a big big big crook.
    He still owes close to a million dollars to a former business partner over
    a real estate deal in Hialeah Gardens. BTW He didn't pay taxes on any of his proceeds
    from the sale of the building where CH41 now resides.

IRS CID are you listening ?
    The mayor was on the news saying he has a contract with the police union. This guy is so corrupt he's phucking dillusional.

Go to the Miami Herald... Its already in the front page that we have reached a tentative agreement with the City... Dirty Politics... Last time I heard, we have not even voted for a contract... Start cutting expenses first with the "Going Green" Office/Department from which we are sick and tired of receiving their emails... I guess someone in that office has being justifying their job lately!!! :cop:

Article 16. Health Insurance
    For Option 1, Employee bi-weekly premiums to increase $5.00 on March 1, 2010, January 1, 2011 AND January 1, 2012.
    For Option 2, city contribution to increase 3% March 1, 2010, 5% January 1, 2011 and at least 5% January 1, 2012.
    From May 30, 2010 through September 30, 2011, bargaining members shall contribute an ADDITIONAL 5% of their base salary towards their health insurance coverage. All payments towards health insurance shall be pre-tax, reducing the negative effect on take home pay.

Article 19. Overtime
    From May 30, 2010 through September 30, 2011 overtime shall not accrue until you surpass 86 hours in a bi-weekly period (hours 80-86 will be paid at straight time) in accordance with the "7k Exemption" of the F.L.S.A. This provision shall SUPERSEDE any provision specifically granting overtime, such as call outs and court time.

Article 20. Direct Economic Provisions
    Beginning Memorial Day 2010 through September 30, 2011 ALL Holidays (3 remaining in 2009-2010, and 11 in 2010-2011) will be forfeited, i.e., they will be paid at straight time, with no accrual of holiday pay. To be paid, you must work. Bargaining unit members will not be required to stay home and not be paid for the holiday. If you do not work, which would be your choice, you will need to utilize Comp, Vacation, or Sick time to be compensated for those days, with no penalty.
    No outside or self employment while on sick leave.

Article 21. Tuition Reimbursement
    $2,000 limitation per calendar year.
    Reimburse city for monies received in prior 2 years if employee voluntarily leaves (not including retirement) within 2 years of completion of any course paid for by the city.

Article 30. Pay Plan
    Merit steps frozen from October 1, 2010 through September 30, 2011.
    Specialty pay and shift differential pay will be SUSPENDED (not paid) from May 30, 2010 through September 30, 2011. This includes SWAT, K-9, FTO and CRT.
    Uniform allowance (uniform and non-uniform personnel) will not be paid from May 30, 2010 through September 30, 2011. Uniform items shall be replaced on an as-needed basis.

Article 36. Association Representatives
    Time off with pay for police olympics only for competition days.

Article 41. Death in the family
    Added son-in-law, daughter-in-law, and grandchildren.

What a piece of garbage. Sad to say that we really have no choice on this one. It's a question of getting a 6 incher or a 9 incher up the poop chute. Either way ur furked :roll:

Yesterday an e-mail went out about due diligence and the prudent man standard. What does it mean?

When the county was negotiating for thier contract the PBA did a forensic audit on the county finances, this it what is refered to as due diligence finding out where and what money is either available or not.

In Hialeah the mayor has been qouted as saying that the finances in Hialeah are fine! Recently he has changed his tune saying that the finances are not fine and there must be concessions by the unions. It appears as thoug the reps and the PBA are taking this at face value. Do you really trust what the mayor is saying? Who else is making concessions? Is the mayor taking a cut? How did this come about? Is it the fault of the unions or is it miss mangement by the currently elected officials? I beleive that an independent audit must be performed by proffesionals in order to complete the due diligence process. There were talks of all three unions spliting the cost which was to be approximately 45K or 15K each. What is your future worth? 15K. With out this being done I dont beleive you can even vote for this contract. If the city truly is in financial trouble I beleive it makes commen sense to find out just how bad it really is right now, not three years down the road, when three years of nothing possibly turns into six years nothing. Not finding out is never knowing the truth. Once you find out you can make an informed and intelgent decision. If you stopped a suspisious person driving and he has no DL are you going to take his word at face value that he is who he says he is? Or do you do your job? Due Diligence,same thing.

Why is important to find out now? In this contract you are forgoing step raises, holidays and various specialty pay and shift differential that will sunset and supposedly come back to you at the end of the contract. My question is what changes from right now until then? If they cant pay you now for these items what will the city being doing diffrently that they will have the money to pay you two years from now? Are they going to raise taxes? This to is a part of the due diligence, an expalation from the city on how they expect fulfill thier part of the agreement.
    Remember people politicians come and go, this one is termed out. A good number of you have many years to go, I beleive you need to find out just how bad the problem is right now and not put it off untill a couple of years from now when he is gone!

I am a LEO from another agency. I have the utmost respect for you guys in Hialeah. Well, the ones that I know. Nevertheless, if you guys vote yes for that shizzzat contract it's a disgrace to every other agency in Miami-Dade. That will trickle down to the smaller agencies. Look at what the county got. Keep on fighting!! We are going through the same problem, however; we are not allowing that they take away things we fought hard for. Please read you contract, don’t go by what a golden boy union rep is pushing down your throat.

I am PAPAGALLO and I approve this message. Know put that in your pipe and smoke!!!!!!!!!

What is crazier: Voting Yes because you are afraid of what 'may be imposed' OR Voting No because in your heart you know that we are giving away EVERYTHING this year in hopes that they wont give us the SAME or worst next year?

Good Faith Negotiation does not equal taking it up the arse without a fight.

I hope you Rookies are watching this carefully. You see what happens when you make HIALEAH the top in the State and in the Nation as far crime reduction? :cry:

Post Re: Contracts?? No Money in Hialeah?

This contract reminds me of a used car salesman saying "Trust me,this beauty runs perfect".
    Is it just me or does this smell like a put-up job.
    We are being rushed into this without all of the facts at our disposal.
    We can not vote YES or NO,until we have all of the city's financial information.
    We should not vote at all until then.
    Miami-Dade and Miami have a much bigger deficit then we do and they are not screwing them like us.
    The city has plenty of fat that they can trim before they royally screw us for the next 18 months.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast