Traffic Enforcement in Pembroke Pines - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Traffic Enforcement in Pembroke Pines

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    It is amazing how ignorant the public can be. Sometimes you need to take the time to think a little further when you hear a cop yelling at somebody, or doing what they are doing....look at them taking up 3 spots in the parking lot like they on the place. yea well maybe they are working a detail in a shopping plaza and they are watching for possible shoplifters to run out so he can catch them. Every little thing an officer does has a reason behind it. Oh and by the way, even though the city website says you can get hired with a GED, remember something those are the MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS for hire. Are you sure YOU graduated from high school?
    " Every little thing an officer does has a reason behind it" So will this work next time a civilian is doing something like you mentioned above? or are there double standards at play here? I doubt your PNP says anything about you being able to perform illegals, park inappropriately or speed.

I love to hear all of these "sophisticated" citizens putting us down. Yet when someone is breaking into their house, stealing their car, or trying to rob them, who do they rely on to help them out. If you want to put on a badge and a gun and go chasing criminals and dealing with armed and dangerous crazies, I'll let you say whatever you want. Untill you get the ballz to do so, don't question why or how we do our job. I don't walk into wendys and ask you why the fry machine is beeping.
    If someone was to break into my house, you and your fellow coworkers would not be helping me out, you would be doing the job you are paid by to do by the residents on this city. Don't think you are helping anyone, you are paid to do a job, a public service position paid for by tax payers - yourself included.
    I would not do your job, that is the reason why I don't. I have no interest in doing so. But see, you applied for that position with the complete knowledge that it was a public servant position, paid for by taxpayers. Therefore, not just can I question what you do, but also tell you what to do!
    If I were to own a Wendy's establishment, and you as a paying customer (which we all know they give you free food - against policy) asked, I would let you know why the annoying beeping noise was occurring.

All this could very easily be resolved if there was not such a mafia mentality and people were not so scared. If every resident walking around with a cellular phone were to snap off photos, or video every time they saw a public servant doing something wrong and sent it in to the Mayor, City Manager, and local television stations, you would be in check and respect those who pay your salary.

"But see, you applied for that position with the complete knowledge that it was a public servant position, paid for by taxpayers. Therefore, not just can I question what you do, but also tell you what to do!"

Attention to the guest on this board "who pays my salary" and therefore thinks he/she can tell me what to do: Take a closer look at your tax bill and see how it is broken down. The tax bill I receive each year states that at least three quarters of the property taxes I pay goes to the Broward County Commission, the Broward County School Board, south Broward hospitals, south Florida water management, the everglades reconstruction project, and the children's services council. Only about one quarter of my property taxes each year is paid toward my municipality. Of that one quarter of property taxes, what percentage do you think actually goes to pay my salary? I contend it is very, very small. Therefore, Mr. Taxpayer, you more than likely PAY VERY LITTLE TO ENJOY THE PROTECTION THE POLICE DEPARTMENT PROVIDES.

Do you tell public school teachers in our city how to conduct their classrooms and what to teach their students? No. Do you tell doctors and nurses in the area hospitals how to best care for and treat their patients? I don't think so. Do you tell engineers how to best perform their duties preserving the everglades? Doubt it. Do you tell Judges how to rule on cases? Why not? You pay their salary? According to your logic, you are paying for everything. You have all the answers and therefore know better than anyone how to spend everyone's money and perform everyone's job right??? So what makes you think you can tell police officers how to do their jobs?

Just because you are a taxpayer doesn't mean you can tell those that receive government money what to do. If that was the case, I would tell the US military that as someone who funded their arsenal via my federal income taxes they need invade whatever country I chose because "I paid for it". "Not can I question what you do, I can tell you what to do"...You, Sir or Madam, are sadly misguided.

"If someone was to break into my house, you and your fellow coworkers would not be helping me out, you would be doing the job you are paid by to do by the residents on this city. Don't think you are helping anyone, you are paid to do a job, a public service position paid for by tax payers - yourself included.
    I would not do your job, that is the reason why I don't. I have no interest in doing so. But see, you applied for that position with the complete knowledge that it was a public servant position, paid for by taxpayers. Therefore, not just can I question what you do, but also tell you what to do!
    If I were to own a Wendy's establishment, and you as a paying customer (which we all know they give you free food - against policy) asked, I would let you know why the annoying beeping noise was occurring.

All this could very easily be resolved if there was not such a mafia mentality and people were not so scared. If every resident walking around with a cellular phone were to snap off photos, or video every time they saw a public servant doing something wrong and sent it in to the Mayor, City Manager, and local television stations, you would be in check and respect those who pay your salary."

This guy appears to have a vendetta-like hatred towards cops. What he/she doesn't realize is that when we were all new, we always said "yes sir/ma'am, I'll get right on it", and do our best to appease them in any way. Years of verbal abuse and idiotic requests have calloused our attitudes and overall thought of the public. Giving cpr to a lifeless baby one minute, and responding to a menial parking complaint the next may cause an Officer to seem a little curt. Although the call previous to yours may not have been so dramatic, it does happen and you should take that into consideration before you decide to verbally blast a "Public Servant" again.

Yes we are in fact "helping you out" and doing our jobs at the same time if someone is breaking into your house. Since it's only a property crime, we are bound by policies that dictate how we respond. Any good Officer will get there as fast as possible to protect your property, and hopefully make an arrest. That is how we are helping you out. Doing my job correctly would mean that since it's only a property crime, I should stop at every red light, not exceed the speed limit, and use my blinker for every lane change. Since you can't have your cake and eat it too, which response would you prefer considering you may lose a familly heirloom, personal property, or several guns?

Your ideas of "telling us what to do" is beyond idiotic. Of course, if it's within the scope of our duties, by all means it will be done. Ask us and it will be done. Demand something, we'll try our best!!! If it violates any law that binds us from acting upon your request, don't be mad at me. Be mad at the people (who were probably very much like yourself) that have caused my hands to be tied in certain situations. Why don't you try telling a roofer or a carpenter the he's placing a nail in the wrong area and see what happens. Try telling a window cleaner that he missed a spot and see what happens. Better yet, try telling the Mayor that he makes too much of the tax payer's money and see what happens.

As for the snapping of photos comment, SNAP away!!! I guarantee what you perceive as "doing something wrong" really isn't, and can be justified in some sort of way. If one of us really is doing something wrong, I'm just as happy as you are since I pay taxes here also (as you pointed out so eloquently). Good for you, and thanks for keeping our image clean. A little slap of reality to the face though, will prove that there is less corruption and illegal activities in this profession than any other. You will also find that EVERY future Officer has been required to, or complete:
    -a County test (swimming, obstacle course, written test)
    -a City test
    -be put through everyday scenarios (BPAD)
    -take a physical exam including a piss test
    -take a psychological exam
    -six months of an academy
    -a State exam
    -12 weeks of field training
    -and 1 year of probation
    On top of that, every five years we need to undergo 40 hours of mandatory re-certification. Shooting qualifications are done yearly, and defensive tactics are done quarterly.

You won't find this type of upkeep in any other profession so keep 'em comin' maddog. I got plenty more for ya!!!

"Only about one quarter of my property taxes each year is paid toward my municipality. Of that one quarter of property taxes, what percentage do you think actually goes to pay my salary? I contend it is very, very small. Therefore, Mr. Taxpayer, you more than likely PAY VERY LITTLE TO ENJOY THE PROTECTION THE POLICE DEPARTMENT PROVIDES."

From my understanding, the Mayor of this City is closing in on a 7 figure salary thanks to the "Charter schools". Those verbal daggers and phone cameras are aimed at the wrong targets.

I can guarantee this guy has willingly spent an exorbitant amount of cash on tickets, food, and drink to some sort of sporting event. Spending $20-$???? a seat, $10 for a hotdog or hamburger, and $8 for a plastic cup of beer should allow anyone to demand a win from their favorite team. 20, 30 or more guys each making six figure salaries on your money. By this guy's rationale, his or her favorite team should win every single time. When they're losing, Mr. Nobody Citizen has the right to be down on the sidelines "telling" them to win since he/she pays their salary.
    20-30 guys EACH making six figures and you want to complain about how greedy I am!!! These guys signed up for a profession that they automatically knew was nothing but fun and games. We on the otherhand have signed up for a profession where nobody is cheering for us from the bleechers. A profession where suicide and health problems rank the highest in causes of death. Thugs want to kill us just because we wear a uniform with a badge.

You've allowed a few "atheletes" to flourish financially.... You should at least allow someone that may very well save you or a family member's life some day, to make a small fraction of their pay.

You forgot a few...

"If I gots a headlight out, the po-po won't stop me if I puts on my highbeams giving duh appearance of having all my headlights workin".

"If I plays my radio real lout, I won'ts get a ticket"

"diss my friendz pants/car/bookbag, etc, etc, etc, so you only arrestin' because of *fill in the blank*.

Since so many races nowadays speak this idiotic, unintelligent language, there should be no reason why any astute 'mod' would delete or alter the preceding. It's too bad that we not only hear this language on the streets, but also on our Police radios. I guess the standards were lowered for the month she was hired.

Damn you guys get free food at Wendy's?

No wonder I see so many police cars there!!!! Geez!!!

darn you guys get free food at Wendy's?

No wonder I see so many police cars there!!!! Geez!!!
    Is that all you've got? Your comment resembles that of any street $#!tbag claiming that every single cop "harasses" them. Even though many cops pass them by, they use this line on the few cops that confront them in hopes that they can receive a "get out of jail free" card. You're just as guilty as they are.

Here's what your life has boiled down to.. You broke a law once (maybe 2 or 3 times) and now there you are.... hiding behind that computer screen, typing away verbal attacks against the cops, trying to create a Copperfield-like illusion that benefits you and only you. Whatever you do as a profession Mr. or Mrs. citizen, I can 99.99% guarantee that you've rendered your services (free of charge) to a relative, friend, or acquaintance at some point in your life. Maybe everyone's attention should be directed towards you and your cohorts instead of us.

This arrogance is part of the problem. You are a public servant. And you deal with armed crazies maybe .0005% of the time. The majority of your day you are a scribe. You take and diseminate information. And the for the good officers, they are investigators and try and find real criminals So before you get off your high horse remember many of the citizens do carry the badge and gun and have been doing it way longer and in way more dangererous areas than sleepy pembroke pines. We citizens whether we have a badge or not appreciate when we are treated with respect and concern. Didn't FTO teach you that you need public support to continue to get your raises and pension benefits?
    I love to hear all of these "sophisticated" citizens putting us down. Yet when someone is breaking into their house, stealing their car, or trying to rob them, who do they rely on to help them out. If you want to put on a badge and a gun and go chasing criminals and dealing with armed and dangerous crazies, I'll let you say whatever you want. Untill you get the ballz to do so, don't question why or how we do our job. I don't walk into wendys and ask you why the fry machine is beeping.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast