Traffic Enforcement in Pembroke Pines
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Traffic Enforcement in Pembroke Pines

I have a question about Traffic Enforcement in Pembroke Pines, maybe someone here can help?

What is the purpose of traffic enforcement? How is it used in Pembroke Pines?

It appears that most of the traffic units in pembroke pines use enforcement tactics in heavy traffic areas where there are barely any traffic accidents or criminal activity. Are there not plenty of areas where there are a numerous accidents or heavy crime? Why are they not in those areas? Maybe do some more enforcement around the areas where some burglaries are occurring, or where there are some traffic accidents.

I heard last night in the news that the schools were laying off some custodians, cooks and other non-essential workers. Maybe we should start looking at cutting some non-essential baggage in the police departments.

Re: Traffic Enforcement in Pembroke Pines

Let me guess... You just got a ticket. Am I right?

So you want the traffic enforcement officers to go do traffic enforcement in areas where there are burglaries? does it make sense to you? It doesn't make sense to me, and the only area I can really recall there being multiple accidents during the day are at I-75 and Pines and the mall, and most of those are low speed accidents. I'm not really understanding what you want TRAFFIC enforcement to do for you? Its seems like thier doing a fine job enforcing TRAFFIC laws.....get it?

Heres an idea, you manage your register at McDonalds, and we will handle the law enforcement. If you dont like how Pines runs things maybe you should look to move to another city that will take your uneducated suggestions to heart, or that doesn't care so much about its citizens. Come and join our citizens police academy if you really want to see the lengths we go through to make our citizens safe.

A word to the officer(s) running radar near the intersection of Flamingo and Taft adjacent to the PillBox store and under that huge tree, you are EASILY visible for west-bound traffic on Taft approaching Flamingo. Try mixing up locations to run radar on Taft between Hiatus and Flamingo, there are plenty of nice spots for concealment. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I have a question about Traffic Enforcement in Pembroke Pines, maybe someone here can help?

What is the purpose of traffic enforcement? How is it used in Pembroke Pines?

It appears that most of the traffic units in pembroke pines use enforcement tactics in heavy traffic areas where there are barely any traffic accidents or criminal activity. Are there not plenty of areas where there are a numerous accidents or heavy crime? Why are they not in those areas? Maybe do some more enforcement around the areas where some burglaries are occurring, or where there are some traffic accidents.

I heard last night in the news that the schools were laying off some custodians, cooks and other non-essential workers. Maybe we should start looking at cutting some non-essential baggage in the police departments.
    What is the purpose of traffic enforcement? Really.....are we serious? Answer:
    To enforce traffic laws (AKA give the people who are breaking the traffic laws a ticket)

Any other brilliant questions or suggestions?

What's the sense of having stop signs, traffic lights, or speed limits if no one is there to enforce it?

As the second post stated, this idiot (who broke a traffic law) must have gotten a ticket.
    Same old story, I got a ticket so let me tell the Police how they should be out there catching robbers and murderers instead of giving tickets!

Oh yeah, ever heard of Timothy McVeigh? Guess how he got caught? Google it you jackass!

Completely wrong, I have not been issued a traffic citation in years!

As for the other comments; why traffic enforcement in areas of burglaries - it has shown to reduce crime. Of course this is when the traffic officers are not scared of a few criminals.

It just seems like traffic is enforced in areas where there is very little need for it. You are not enforcing traffic to line your pockets with court time, or make some additional income for the city so you budget won't get another cut, you enforce traffic laws to protect the residents.

The city commission and city manager should read this forum and see what "professionals" the city has hired and how they refer to the residents. I never disrespected anyone, yet got called all kinds on names.

Oh and about the McDonalds cashier thing - next time you get a free drink or food, that cashier should know how you feel about them trying their best to feed their family or themselves.

If you want respect, you need to be respectful!

Completely wrong, I have not been issued a traffic citation in years!

As for the other comments; why traffic enforcement in areas of burglaries - it has shown to reduce crime. Of course this is when the traffic officers are not scared of a few criminals.

It just seems like traffic is enforced in areas where there is very little need for it. You are not enforcing traffic to line your pockets with court time, or make some additional income for the city so you budget won't get another cut, you enforce traffic laws to protect the residents.

The city commission and city manager should read this forum and see what "professionals" the city has hired and how they refer to the residents. I never disrespected anyone, yet got called all kinds on names.

Oh and about the McDonalds cashier thing - next time you get a free drink or food, that cashier should know how you feel about them trying their best to feed their family or themselves.

If you want respect, you need to be respectful!
    I agree with you.

In Pines it's all LEOs against the world. If you are a CIVILIAN you are the scum of the Earth because you make them work. Forget the fact that you are paying their salaries and expect professionalism and courtesy in return. They want more from you; but they don't want to have to deal with you. A lot of officers would not survive in the "outside" world. You should ask to see their pension numbers and drop money. Then, you will realize why the city is broke. They drain(ed) the city. IT'S ALL ABOUT THEM AND THEY WANT MORE AND MORE AND MORE and insult you in passing. Welcome to Pines. :cop:

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast