2nd traitor LEO charged with providing info to criminals - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2nd traitor LEO charged with providing info to criminals

Certainly the criminal charge is over the top. Sounds like a pissing off the prosecuter charge to me and I hope that gets dropped. I find it hard to believe Joe had forgot about the whole thing and thats why he didn't answer the questions. I've heard he was given quite few chances to disclose his involvement before they finally showed him the proof and he fessed up. We all know untruthfullness, or at the least witholding information, gets you fired here. It has been for as long as I have been here.

I have to say it's nice to see Joe receiving support. Those of you who doubt his integrity, go to hell! I've known Joe since he came to work at the S.O. He's human just like the rest of us, but he's one of the finest, most honest cops I've ever had the honor to work with. Unless you're 5 years old, you should know you can't believe what you read in the papers. I don't believe Joe lied about anything. They asked him about a routine phone call that happened 4 months before they charged him. He's not going to remember that. Heck, you ask me about something I did last week, and I won't remember it. You give me something to refresh my memory, and it might come back to me. I believe that's what happened with Joe. They IMPLY that Joe lied. They don't come out and say he lied. They are spinning the story the way they want you to see it, not the way it happened. They want you to believe the case is worse than it is, so they can justify arresting an honest cop because he pissed them off. It's not justice, it's ego!

Think about it. "Unauthorized Use"? What kind of BS charge is that with no accompanying charge? He's used the system for 16 years, but all they have on him is that he let his certificate lapse? Give me a freaking break! He didn't piss off any prosecutor either. He pissed off somebody up top, and they wanted to teach him what it's like when you do that. If he'd endangered ANYONE, don't you think they would have addressed it right away, not waiting 4 months? If he had passed on the information he'd gotten to the bad guy, don't you think they would have charged him with that too? After all, that's a crime too. It's all BS! I know Joe, and I know how Joe feels about drugs. There's no way he knew that girl was into what she was into. Several other cops who know her, didn't know what she was into until this all happened, so don't think you know all the facts! Joe thought he was trying to help the daughter of a friend who claimed she might have someone stalking her. That's all it was. For trying to help ease someone's fears, he's paying with his career, his livelihood, and his decency. How many of you have done the same thing for a friend or family member? If you say you haven't, you're a liar.

Take it a step further. Say you have someone approach you with a similar situation. Say someone is following them, sitting outside their house, placing them in fear, but they haven't done anything illegal...yet. Your complainant wants to get an injunction for protection, but they don't know the stalker's identity. They can give you a tag number so you can fine out who it is. You can't get an injunction without the recipient's name and address. Do you say "tough luck. I can't help you", or do you help that person get protection for themself? And how many times do grove owners, cattle ranchers, etc. call us about abandoned vehicles on their property? We run the tag information for them all the time so they can have the vehicles towed. But it's ok to do it for them, because they are big contributors to the Sheriff's elections.

If Joe did something worth being charged with a FELONY, why did it take 9 hours for them to come up with the charge? Why did the detectives refuse to charge him? Why was the affidavit written by the same guy whose tag he ran? Don't you think that's just a little CONFLICT OF INTEREST? No, Joe didn't break any law. He broke someone's ego. He was screwed as soon as his number showed up on that girl's phone. The same thing could have happened to ANY of us. Think about that the next time you respond to a complaint over the phone, instead of in person!

I hope Joe gets a good lawyer who can see through this BS. The sad thing is that his career here is over. Even when he beats the crap charge, they won't take him back. That would be admitting they let their egos override their common sense. But he deserves to have his good name cleared. Joe's done more for this agency, and this county, than most out there. He deserves his honor back. Joe...kick their asses, buddy!

Well said, I couldn't agree more. Amen!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I have to say it's nice to see Joe receiving support. Those of you who doubt his integrity, go to hell! I've known Joe since he came to work at the S.O. He's human just like the rest of us, but he's one of the finest, most honest cops I've ever had the honor to work with. Unless you're 5 years old, you should know you can't believe what you read in the papers. I don't believe Joe lied about anything. They asked him about a routine phone call that happened 4 months before they charged him. He's not going to remember that. Heck, you ask me about something I did last week, and I won't remember it. You give me something to refresh my memory, and it might come back to me. I believe that's what happened with Joe. They IMPLY that Joe lied. They don't come out and say he lied. They are spinning the story the way they want you to see it, not the way it happened. They want you to believe the case is worse than it is, so they can justify arresting an honest cop because he pissed them off. It's not justice, it's ego!

Think about it. "Unauthorized Use"? What kind of BS charge is that with no accompanying charge? He's used the system for 16 years, but all they have on him is that he let his certificate lapse? Give me a freaking break! He didn't piss off any prosecutor either. He pissed off somebody up top, and they wanted to teach him what it's like when you do that. If he'd endangered ANYONE, don't you think they would have addressed it right away, not waiting 4 months? If he had passed on the information he'd gotten to the bad guy, don't you think they would have charged him with that too? After all, that's a crime too. It's all BS! I know Joe, and I know how Joe feels about drugs. There's no way he knew that girl was into what she was into. Several other cops who know her, didn't know what she was into until this all happened, so don't think you know all the facts! Joe thought he was trying to help the daughter of a friend who claimed she might have someone stalking her. That's all it was. For trying to help ease someone's fears, he's paying with his career, his livelihood, and his decency. How many of you have done the same thing for a friend or family member? If you say you haven't, you're a liar.

Take it a step further. Say you have someone approach you with a similar situation. Say someone is following them, sitting outside their house, placing them in fear, but they haven't done anything illegal...yet. Your complainant wants to get an injunction for protection, but they don't know the stalker's identity. They can give you a tag number so you can fine out who it is. You can't get an injunction without the recipient's name and address. Do you say "tough luck. I can't help you", or do you help that person get protection for themself? And how many times do grove owners, cattle ranchers, etc. call us about abandoned vehicles on their property? We run the tag information for them all the time so they can have the vehicles towed. But it's ok to do it for them, because they are big contributors to the Sheriff's elections.

If Joe did something worth being charged with a FELONY, why did it take 9 hours for them to come up with the charge? Why did the detectives refuse to charge him? Why was the affidavit written by the same guy whose tag he ran? Don't you think that's just a little CONFLICT OF INTEREST? No, Joe didn't break any law. He broke someone's ego. He was screwed as soon as his number showed up on that girl's phone. The same thing could have happened to ANY of us. Think about that the next time you respond to a complaint over the phone, instead of in person!

I hope Joe gets a good lawyer who can see through this BS. The sad thing is that his career here is over. Even when he beats the crap charge, they won't take him back. That would be admitting they let their egos override their common sense. But he deserves to have his good name cleared. Joe's done more for this agency, and this county, than most out there. He deserves his honor back. Joe...kick their asses, buddy!

To the Guest and Wellsaid:
    You both have not a clue as to what you are talking about. What idiots you are to even make the comments you made. The J.M. who was ARRESTED, yes, ARRESTED!!! is what he is, a criminal,,, does not need to be in a uniform representing the pcso. If you do what he did, I hope you end up just as he did!! Caught doing the sh*t he has been doing for a while now! If he plays the "I didn't know" game,, just proves how stupid he really is.

Sounds like J.M. envy to me. the above guest should copy and send the post to the sheriff to show your loyalty. maybe it will get you promoted. or are you mad cause your wife was banging deputies and J.M. was one of them?

Quote Originally Posted by 23guest
    Sounds like J.M. envy to me. the above guest should copy and send the post to the sheriff to show your loyalty. maybe it will get you promoted. or are you mad cause your wife was banging deputies and J.M. was one of them?

That's probably more like it! and to the other poster, I couldn't agree with you more! Joe is a wonderful person and I hope he beats all the BS they put on him! Our prayers are with you!

lr why don't you get a job,,, oh yea,, sorry about that, you cant'!! hard to get a job when you are untruthful. got an opinion on everything, but yet you couldnt' even stay employed with pcso. so pitiful.
    j.m. will not be a l.e.o. in the state of florida ,,, thank god. with cops like that, we wouldn't stand a chance against the dopers. and if you support j.m., you support the dopers!

Hang in there Joe. Don't let jerks like the last poster get to you. They don't know what they're talking about. Those of us who know you, who've worked with you, KNOW the kind of cop you are, and the kind of person you are. I'd go through a door with you anytime, buddy. I got your back, cos I know you'd have mine. Too bad some of these limp di*** don't have the guts to do the same. They wouldn't have the balls to say to your face, what they say here. Screw them! Some of us have been on both sides of that "interview" table. We know how they operate, and how they spin what you say. The facts are the facts, no matter how they want us to see them. They waited 4 months. After 4 months, and 9 hours of hammering, all they could come up with was "unauthorized use". Some of us know BS when we smell it. The ones who are too stupid to know what it is, don't matter. Be tough, buddy. You're in our prayers.

I follow Joe and Earlanne on Facebook more than this crapshoot board where everybody can hide their identity. The S.O. has done plenty of it's cops in the past. Some deserved it without question. Some not so much. But this is the first time I've seen a deputy receive as much open support as Joe has. You can't hide your identity on Facebook. By showing support for a "shamed" brother, they all take the risk of being targetted by the administration. In spite of that real threat, a lot of folks are showing their support of Joe, even some supervisors are doing it. That tells you what kind of guy Joe really is. He's NOT the kind of guy they want you to think he is. He's a good cop who just happened to piss off the wrong a$$wipe. Like somebody else said, Joe's the kind of cop who'd have your back. You know you can count on him. I honestly can't say the same for the pricks who did this. If they happen to ever be your backup, make sure you have eyes in the back on your head so you can see the knife coming. They need to retire and take their poison with them. When an agency becomes so paranoid and punishment happy that it will ruin one of its finest deputies over a simply phone call that "looks" suspicious to them, it's time for new management.

"and if you j.m., you support dopers" wow really Turbo ? that was a strong argument for not supporting j.m. NEWS ALERT.. CALLING ALL FAITHFUL AND LOYAL COPS.. we must band together to fight these terrorists "dopers" before they take over the world. recall the troops, call up swat, dopers are on the horizon and now that weve lost j.m the fight cant be won. :cop:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast