West Palm Police don't want to work Sunfest - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: West Palm Police don't want to work Sunfest

I know this is going to be very difficult for so many of you, but we are on a very slippery slope here. One very important component that is missing and has been for some very long time is LEADERSHIP. Not much has to be said about the folks "leading" the PBA.............a close look at those people and your stomach turns. The Sheriff who allowed this monster to grow in WPB and now has the SO out of control is not the one to look toward. It has to come from within, folks. We need to "man-up" (or "woman-up") as we so often see referred to on this link. Our hearts must be inclined to serve people through law enforcement. That should be the reason we are all here. We are giving up nothing. Our lowest paid cop or deputy is making way above the salary of the average person living in this county and we are not threatened with lay-offs or reduced salaries. We should be on our knees giving thanks right now...not fighting with the folks on unemployment living in fear of foreclosure. We look like fools here and we are acting in such a fashion that will call us all under scrutiny one day. The public is getting quite enough of us. It becomes very easy to capture wrong thinking when we listen to each other and spend time grumbling and grabbing but reality is that we are looking like spoiled little wah-wah babies. We are not ALL THAT.....except in our minds. "Life On The Line" phrases have got to go. If you didn't have this job, maybe some of us could get a job at a 24 Hr. convenience store where our lives would be in far greater danger or many other more hazardous and tougher places to work. Get a grip, people. Come back down to earth. Get realistic with who we are and what we really do. The ME generation is not getting us very far in this nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ask For Wisdom
    I know this is going to be very difficult for so many of you, but we are on a very slippery slope here. One very important component that is missing and has been for some very long time is LEADERSHIP. Not much has to be said about the folks "leading" the PBA.............a close look at those people and your stomach turns. The Sheriff who allowed this monster to grow in WPB and now has the SO out of control is not the one to look toward. It has to come from within, folks. We need to "man-up" (or "woman-up") as we so often see referred to on this link. Our hearts must be inclined to serve people through law enforcement. That should be the reason we are all here. We are giving up nothing. Our lowest paid cop or deputy is making way above the salary of the average person living in this county and we are not threatened with lay-offs or reduced salaries. We should be on our knees giving thanks right now...not fighting with the folks on unemployment living in fear of foreclosure. We look like fools here and we are acting in such a fashion that will call us all under scrutiny one day. The public is getting quite enough of us. It becomes very easy to capture wrong thinking when we listen to each other and spend time grumbling and grabbing but reality is that we are looking like spoiled little wah-wah babies. We are not ALL THAT.....except in our minds. "Life On The Line" phrases have got to go. If you didn't have this job, maybe some of us could get a job at a 24 Hr. convenience store where our lives would be in far greater danger or many other more hazardous and tougher places to work. Get a grip, people. Come back down to earth. Get realistic with who we are and what we really do. The ME generation is not getting us very far in this nation.
    YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT AND I HOPE THE GUYS ON HERE LISTEN BECAUSE FIRST OF ALL ITS PRETTY HARD TO FIND PITY IN THESE TIMES FOR GUYS WHO MAKE WHAT WE MAKE WITH PENSIONS ON TOP OF THAT WHICH THE AVERAGE SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS MAN DOES NOT EVEN HAVE. THIS IS NOT THE EIGHTIES WHEN TIMES WERE GOOD AND POLICE PAY AND BENEFITS WERE NOT. IN THOSE DAYS THE PBA TACTICS WERE TRULY NEEDED AND WORKED, THIS TIME WILL BE DIFFERENT AND OUR PBA REPS FOR THE MOST PART ARE NOT THE BEST EXAMPLES TO BRING TO THE TABLE BASED ON THEIR CAREER HISTORYS.
    LETS NOT CUT OFF OUR NOSE DESPITE OUR FACE HERE GUYS AND GALS. THE VAST MAJORITY OF FOLKS RECOGNIZE AND RESPECT OUR PUBLIC SAFETY PEOPLE. AND LETS FACE IT YOU COME TO THIS JOB BECAUSE YOU CARE ABOUT PEOPLE, NOT TOO GET RICH. AT LEAST THAT WAS THE OLD SCHOOL MENTALITY.

AMEN to the last two posts. Since our mommies and daddies failed us by not teaching us or putting into our hearts what it takes to choose this profession, we must pause and think clearly about where we are and look at history - recent history. I am embarrassed to put two dirty little men with a completely different agenda (EG and the Kaz) out there to represent me. Way too much harm will be and is being done currently by these two people who have no clue regarding the real professional and ethical side of law enforcement. Hard to gauge the climate right now but I am thinking of taking an open stand and represent myself to the public and the politicians. If I did do that, I guess I would have to look over my shoulder all the time due to being hunted down by the screaming loud-mouths. Once again, the public sees the wrong side of us. Isn't it time they see the true colors of most of us who remain quiet and do want to work and are thankful to be here?

AMEN BROTHER!

Not only would I not work it, but I also won't attend it.

We all work together, or fail together.This is but the tip of what is to come in cutbacks and give backs, but the FIRE RESCUE will get 1% sales tax increase to guanantee their raises and benefits, we at PBSO are second class citizens!

Quote Originally Posted by a guest
    Not only would I not work it, but I also won't attend it.

We all work together, or fail together.This is but the tip of what is to come in cutbacks and give backs, but the FIRE RESCUE will get 1% sales tax increase to guarantee their raises and benefits, we at PBSO are second class citizens!

Quote Originally Posted by Ask For Wisdom
    I know this is going to be very difficult for so many of you, but we are on a very slippery slope here. One very important component that is missing and has been for some very long time is LEADERSHIP. Not much has to be said about the folks "leading" the PBA.............a close look at those people and your stomach turns. The Sheriff who allowed this monster to grow in WPB and now has the SO out of control is not the one to look toward. It has to come from within, folks. We need to "man-up" (or "woman-up") as we so often see referred to on this link. Our hearts must be inclined to serve people through law enforcement. That should be the reason we are all here. We are giving up nothing. Our lowest paid cop or deputy is making way above the salary of the average person living in this county and we are not threatened with lay-offs or reduced salaries. We should be on our knees giving thanks right now...not fighting with the folks on unemployment living in fear of foreclosure. We look like fools here and we are acting in such a fashion that will call us all under scrutiny one day. The public is getting quite enough of us. It becomes very easy to capture wrong thinking when we listen to each other and spend time grumbling and grabbing but reality is that we are looking like spoiled little wah-wah babies. We are not ALL THAT.....except in our minds. "Life On The Line" I agree with the fact that SOME new LEO's come to this job with a sense of intitledment, but you are very wrong when you say the average person living in this county or as you put it "life on the line". The "average person" goes to work with a brief case or construction tools, we go to work with a gun strapped to us and armor. We are a target every time we put the uniform on, and we should get paid alot more for risking our life evrphrases have got to go. If you didn't have this job, maybe some of us could get a job at a 24 Hr. convenience store where our lives would be in far greater danger or many other more hazardous and tougher places to work. Get a grip, people. Come back down to earth. Get realistic with who we are and what we really do. The ME generation is not getting us very far in this nation.
    Yes we became LEO's nobody made us however any average person who puts his/her butt on the line evrey day when we go to work should be fully compensated for that risk. You need to come out of the office (if you are a cop and I hope to God your not) and get into a patrol car once and a while. Cops are getting shot in coffee houses, does the convienence store clerk have to go to domestics? Can you really compare the two? If the convience store clerk doesn't show up for work and the store closes down what happens?
    Remember this, it is a proven fact, with out law enforcement, our civilization would seize to exist in the span of 1 generation. We could go with out all other ocupations, people would get sick, maybe die. We wouldn't have buildings or roads etc. but we would survive. With out cops we would seize to exist.
    When the economy was great all of the "average citizens" looked down on us, and we never heard a word about the money we made. Now that there stuggling and we are doing the same job withthe same pay as were were when they were making great money is it our fault? Why shouldn't they have been wiser with there money saving it for a raining day...its storming now isn't it? Same with the city. Five years agao they wewre building new buildings/city hall why didn't they put the money away? Why should WPBPD have to pay for thier poor money management.
    I for one will stand behind you guys and I belive most of us will. Good luck and B safe

THE PROCESS OF THINKING AND THE EDUCATIONAL LEVEL OF THAT LAST PERSON POSTING IS QUITE EVIDENT. SOME FOLKS JUST WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT THEY WILL NEVER KNOW. HOPEFULLY, OTHERS OF US CAN STAND ABOVE IT AND DEMONSTRATE PROFESSIONALISM, INTEGRITY, ETHICS, AND AN UNDERSTANDING OF ECONOMICS AND GOVERNMENT.

Good grief, can you imagine being a member of the State's Attorney's Office and having to read and then prosecute a case based on "Ass On The Line"'s reports? May he/she please focus on writing and spelling while he/she is 'out on the road'....then just maybe we could justify never having to take even the smallest hit when times are tough.

(looking at my deduction on my pay stub)

WHERE THE HECK IS THE PBA ON THIS??

You have the potential of union brother/sisters crossing a picket line and nothing... not a peep.

Are they on another golfing excursion?

Is it time to walk over to FOP?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast