Iorio pledges to restore step plan pay increases - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Iorio pledges to restore step plan pay increases

If Lie-oreo wants to get back into good graces, she should make a grand gesture and give the step plan back now. Last years numbers are out, THE CITY MADE MONEY! Want to avoid what the union is going to do to any city counsil member that runs for an office, give the plan back now. Next contract is to little to late...................................

The step plan is good for the newer people. But what about the people that are topped out
    Thats the purpose of "topped Out." In fact, the reason of the step plan is to "top out" after 10 years.

They do need to fix the pay scales for promotions...Almost everyone that gets promoted to Detective, Cpl or Sgt starts at step 3 or higher, then they sit there topped out for 5 years waiting on the final step. 7 years is too long. If Lieutenants (managers) can top out in 24 months, the PBA should at least get detectivess, cpls and sgts to reach top pay in 4 years, the current step system does not work with the promotional system very well. I know one Cpl who makes less than an MPO who had he not got promoted, would have already made MPO. Others get promotions that amount to 10 cents more an hour in pay, which is aggravated by the seven year rule.

They should also look into changing step 11 to senior officer, then adding another step for MPO. Senior would be automatic at step 11, MPO would have to be earned and mantained and could be at step 11 as well, make that pay a couple thousand higher than senior.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    The step plan is good for the newer people. But what about the people that are topped out
    Thats the purpose of "topped Out." In fact, the reason of the step plan is to "top out" after 10 years.

They do need to fix the pay scales for promotions...Almost everyone that gets promoted to Detective, Cpl or Sgt starts at step 3 or higher, then they sit there topped out for 5 years waiting on the final step. 7 years is too long. If Lieutenants (managers) can top out in 24 months, the PBA should at least get detectivess, cpls and sgts to reach top pay in 4 years, the current step system does not work with the promotional system very well. I know one Cpl who makes less than an MPO who had he not got promoted, would have already made MPO. Others get promotions that amount to 10 cents more an hour in pay, which is aggravated by the seven year rule.

They should also look into changing step 11 to senior officer, then adding another step for MPO. Senior would be automatic at step 11, MPO would have to be earned and mantained and could be at step 11 as well, make that pay a couple thousand higher than senior.
    What's better for "ME". "ME", "ME", "ME".........

Let me guess......you most be one of those incompetent, who got promoted for who you know, not what you've done. No skills and obviously no leadership. Most of those MPO have earned their pay a lot more than you have, and deserve to make more then most CPLS and Detectives.

Here is the problem....nothing have happened yet and there you are stabbing eachother in the back.

I believe pay should be set by the work you do and not by how many houses you can paint or how many favors you can do.

How about hopping everybody can get a piece of the pie and hope everybody can survive the tough year ahead of us?

I'm so glad you are not the Mayor's personal advisor.

What's better for "ME". "ME", "ME", "ME".........

Let me guess......you most be one of those incompetent, who got promoted for who you know, not what you've done. No skills and obviously no leadership. Most of those MPO have earned their pay a lot more than you have, and deserve to make more then most CPLS and Detectives.

Here is the problem....nothing have happened yet and there you are stabbing eachother in the back.

I believe pay should be set by the work you do and not by how many houses you can paint or how many favors you can do.

How about hopping everybody can get a piece of the pie and hope everybody can survive the tough year ahead of us?

I'm so glad you are not the Mayor's personal advisor.
    The promotion pay plan is designed that way for a reason. Idiots like yourself who kiss ass and think you are getting a great pay increase are too stupid to see the long 7 year wait. The best people in this department are NOT promoted !!!!!!! Detective should be a lateral move or even a pay decrease. They are civilians. They work M-F inside the air conditioning and on the phone and computer. The rank of corporal should be eliminated. No punk ass officer should even be eligible for Sergeant until they have completed at least 10 years on the road. TPD is dysfunctional and will never recover. But I'm sure you got pregnant, worked light duty for 3 or 4 years, perhaps spent several years as an SRO, or better yet hid down at 411 in the scam slot, then got promoted, and you are clueless. Don't get mad at the truth. And know I never took the test. I wouldn't want to be responsible for the morons that TPD hires.

You should check your facts before you spatter at the mouth, 85% of people with rank, Det and higher are beyond the years for MPO. In addition, its not the 4 year officer who gets promoted that is hurt by the seven year rule, its the guys with 10 years or more that get promoted and go to step 4, that results in a few cent more an hour and they basically get to sit around for 5 of he next 6 years waiting for another raise. There is a 16 year MPO who was promoted to detective, he lost his shift pay and now makes 10 cents more than he did as an MPO, minus out his holiday pay and he has a net loss. An MPO who gets promoted gets a 2.5% raise, A Sr Det or Cpl who makes Sgt gets less than a 1/2% raise. The step plan in regards to promtions works well for young officers who get promoted, it is flawed for senior officers. Like it or not, the 7 year rule should go and you should be able to just move thru the steps until you top out without any breaks.

For officers, switching to a senior and MPO system makes sense because it adds another option for addition pay for people who have topped out. Guess your too dumb to see the intent in that.

A course in your mind every person who gets promoted is an idiot, detectives are lazy, and you are the super cop who just can't get recoginzed because you did not paint a house. If step 11 became senior instead of MPO, and MPO was added at an elevated position, you woundn't make that either and would have some lame excuse about your incompetent Sgt not liking you. Well grab a hanky and cry yourself to sleep. I'm sure your pathetic excuses help you feel better about being a big failure. You are a complete idiot!

You should check your facts before you spatter at the mouth, 85% of people with rank, Det and higher are beyond the years for MPO. In addition, its not the 4 year officer who gets promoted that is hurt by the seven year rule, its the guys with 10 years or more that get promoted and go to step 4, that results in a few cent more an hour and they basically get to sit around for 5 of he next 6 years waiting for another raise. There is a 16 year MPO who was promoted to detective, he lost his shift pay and now makes 10 cents more than he did as an MPO, minus out his holiday pay and he has a net loss. An MPO who gets promoted gets a 2.5% raise, A Sr Det or Cpl who makes Sgt gets less than a 1/2% raise. The step plan in regards to promtions works well for young officers who get promoted, it is flawed for senior officers. Like it or not, the 7 year rule should go and you should be able to just move thru the steps until you top out without any breaks.

For officers, switching to a senior and MPO system makes sense because it adds another option for addition pay for people who have topped out. Guess your too dumb to see the intent in that.

A course in your mind every person who gets promoted is an idiot, detectives are lazy, and you are the super cop who just can't get recoginzed because you did not paint a house. If step 11 became senior instead of MPO, and MPO was added at an elevated position, you woundn't make that either and would have some lame excuse about your incompetent Sgt not liking you. Well grab a hanky and cry yourself to sleep. I'm sure your pathetic excuses help you feel better about being a big failure. You are a complete idiot!
    Why did you choose to get promoted if it is so bad and it does not pay? You knew what you were getting into and you knew it was not lucrative, but yet YOU decided to go for it.

Does it answer the question about who the idiot is? I would say....whithout a doubt. :snicker:

Now, go back to the hidden spot YOU chose and stop the crying.

You sound like one of many, who have no skills or leadership, but painted, kissed, and grabbed.....still can't move up any higher, because you just don't cut it.

Why would I be crying Professor? I'm not the one complaining. YOU ARE!!!! If I wanted to get promoted I would. I've had numerous senior key staff members ask me to take the test. I like being a great street cop unlike you. My performance evaluations speak for themselves. The 7 year rule has been in effect for decades. Everyone knows the deal and use that information to decide if getting promoted is in their best interest. Sorry things haven't worked out for you baby Huey. I thought you got promoted to lead the troops. Yes, I know, YOU ARE A JOKE !!!!!!! Facts hurt, don't they.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12