WTF

Thread: WTF

WTF

I can't imagine how the newspaper knew to be at Rocky's to take the picture, or got the picture of Capt Ron, in on the arrest. Gee, it's pretty obvious he is doing everything he can to get his name and now his picture in the paper. Might he be running for sheriff in 2012? If he is, I bet he will have a run for his money from a certain state officer.

Re: WTF

The thing that worries me is every time you see or hear anything about RR is he is running for the title of sheriff. even doing it on the current sheriff's dime. think that his steinhatchee connection is running for him too. shameless running for sheriff on duty. when you aint the sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I can't imagine how the newspaper knew to be at Rocky's to take the picture, or got the picture of Capt Ron, in on the arrest. Gee, it's pretty obvious he is doing everything he can to get his name and now his picture in the paper. Might he be running for sheriff in 2012? If he is, I bet he will have a run for his money from a certain state officer.
    And who might this state oficer be...do tell

Quote Originally Posted by a guest 2
    And who might this state oficer be...do tell
    That's not for me to say at this time. I don't know if they are even going to run. I sure hope they do though. There's not many State Officers that I would trust being Sheriff, but this one would be terrific.

What if anything would change if Capt RR became sheriff?

Quote Originally Posted by a guest 2
    And who might this state officer be...do tell

I hear lots of people talking about CHANGE and that don't come from within. How many times in recent history has the newly elected sheriff been employed by the current administration?

You can bet there's more than one state officer looking to jump into this race if ole Bum bails out, think about it. State pays 32k to 65k depending on your rank and service years. Sheriff pay is double that. No money to qualify and they're spending donated campaign money while only taking a short leave of absence from their state job. The odds of winning the election are better than playing the lottery and the payoff is bumping their retirement way up. If they don't win its back to work with no loss of pay or benefits unlike the deputies that jump out, run and fall short. They risk reassignment, reduction in pay or not being reappointed.

I hear its gonna be a record election year for the people that make those political signs...........

Yes, but how many local state officers are really qualified to lead the Sheriff's Office? How many have any command experience? There's not that many that I can think of. I know we need someone from outside of the current admin, as they just are not getting the job done.

I hear one is back in town now with all the qualifications and experience needed.......hummmm