Police cuts again? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Police cuts again?

the reason you always see crusiers parked near or around the fire station at fossil park is that they are there report writing. every fire station has a speacial wireless internet connection whic works 100 percent all the time. the wirless system in our cruisers do not work 100 percent all of the time and evey time there is some type of wireless problem. they only way to get a connection is to to go to a local fire station.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Northsider and Southsider: Cut, cut, cut....dammmm those firefighters who sleep while they're on their 24 hour shift or the police officers who work every holiday, nights, weekends, have to explain to their children how they got hurt or that they're still safe at work after they've been involved in shooting or car crash...

..you both are hypocritrical scum worse then even the drug dealing hoodlums we deal with everyday..at least dealing wth them there is a mutual level of understanding that there's a job to do and generally when the fight is over and we're on the way to jail there can be some civility between us...

.....you on the other hand are the worst kind of trash to deal with...bit@#, moan and complain about us when we're here but god forbid we don't rush right out to you lights flashing and sirens wailiung when your neighbor's dog is barking or a car with a loud stereo drives by because you solely pay our wages. I can see it now make all the cuts you want..then when your asleep and your smoke detector goes off and as you stand in your frontr yard watching your house burn to the ground you'll be the one screaming about whats taking the fire department so long to get there.

You can't have it both ways!!
    I don't think you understand the point I'm making. The duplication present with city ambulances and sunstar ambulances is BLATENTLY OBVIOUS along with the way SPFD sends many trucks to a scene regardless of the situation. I wouldn't expect FD's to admit this, as they are part of the system (being a union employee) which isn't efficient.

I am supportive of a lean efficient system which gets the most out of all available resources.

I'm not sure I understand the original question. If you are critizising why FD rolls on calls, then consider this: Have you any idea how few Sunstar rigs are running in this county? Not enough to handle all of the medical calls / MV accidents / etc that occur regularly. And they overlap. So what is the victim supposed to do? Lie there and bleed because the closest Sunstar is 30 minutes away and it doesn't look good that the FD has rolled a truck in addition to the paramedic rig. I'm willing to bet that I can get several officers that were damn glad that the FD rolled (and arrived so quickly) when they were shot by the bad guys. If you notice, Sunstar does very little other than transport the injured. Most, if not all of the EMS services are performed by the FD, who also rides to the hospital in the back of the ambulance.

And regarding the reason FD rolls trucks, I can only speak as to what I've seen. I can't count the number of times I've had my ass nearly clipped by speeding motorists who are too damn stupid to slow down or pull over at an accident scene, especially on the interstate. It makes it a little difficult to concentrate on doing my job. But when that big ugle red truck shows up, I've never had to ask them to use it to shield me and the accident scene from the morons driving by; they automatically use it to shield us from harm. Do they have to? I don't think there is a reg that says they do, but I'm damn glad they do. So they stand there "after it's been decided that they aren't needed." So what? They are getting paid anyway, so what the hell is it hurting? They can get paid for standing with us, or sitting at the house. If they are standing with us, and a call comes in, they leave. How many times have I seen 3, 4, 5, or more cops standing at the scene because there is nothing else going on at the time? Or stop at a strictly medical call because they want to see what happened? As long as the FD or PD isn't depriving someone of services, what difference does it make? Jeesh. Some of the stuff people ***** about!

I don't always agree with FD Bro has to say on the LEO forum. Sometimes they pertain to PD, and other times he uses us to vent, which is okay to an extent. But we all are brothers (and sisters, lest anyone think I'm slighting them) and need to stop this pissing and moaning that goes on between a very tiny minority.

The Pier management is considering cutting 3-7 percent. I went to the town hall meeting and asked that the city consider cutting 100% of the annual subsidy by closing it either permanently or temporarily. It may be demolished in a few years so why keep pouring in money while cutting essential services?

Why does council consider subsidized "entertainment" at The Pier, BayWalk or the Trop a higher priority than police and fire?

come on now

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    The Pier management is considering cutting 3-7 percent. I went to the town hall meeting and asked that the city consider cutting 100% of the annual subsidy by closing it either permanently or temporarily. It may be demolished in a few years so why keep pouring in money while cutting essential services?

Why does council consider subsidized "entertainment" at The Pier, BayWalk or the Trop a higher priority than police and fire?

better question is why are we paying a multi-million dollar contract for a management service to run the pier (which is'nt goinmg so well) is we have 80m+ managers making over $100,000 in salary. You would thing one of them wotls be capable of running the place.

Why do we need a Major in charge of I.A. when a Sergeant could supervise the few folks assigned there.

Why does Intel need a major to oversee a few people. That unit was at it's best when a Sergeant ran it.

Why does each division need all these Majors? Come on each district could easily be run by a Lieutenant. Traffic doesn't need a Major and why does Financial Services need a Chief when the civilian up there does all of his work anyway.

One sharp pencile could cut a few million from the buget and add working cops to the street.

Mr. Mayor stop playing the games and be a leader.

Tampa just did it!! 3 Million cut by eliminating come city staffers

St Pete doesn't have the guts

PLEASE don't compare Tampa PD to St Pete PD.

Tampa has a real mayor with a police chief who will check out what needs to be done and act on it. And the officers who work there know they need to work and produce. It's a good method to keep bad guys in check and the citizens secure. Everybody knows TPD will pursue a stolen car, put criminals in jail, and not take any crap....and get backed by their COC.

St Pete has a slow city managment that pees at the sight of militants, begs for cooperation from criminals, and encourages officers to go along to get along. The chief is just putting big Xs on his calendar until the next golf outing. Police work is rarely done. That's what the Sheriff's Office is for.

We have a real police chief over here in Tampa? She doesn't give a damn about the officers anymore than the administration you have. Her only interest in becoming chief was to pad her pockets. She wasn't in that chair very long before putting in for her retirement.

A real police chief is someone like Clearwater had. Someone that was in the position for years and actually helped his people. Castor, Harmen, and their ilk are only interested in getting all they can, and they don't care who they screw in the process.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast