Hey CPT Hingson
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey CPT Hingson

Hey CPT Hingson

Hey CPT Hingson do you think you could get us a new phone for Station 1? It would be nice to have a properly operational phone in case of an emergency. I know that the budget is tight but a phone does not cost that much. Oh and the officers at Station 3 wondered if you would not mind getting them a new handset cord for their phone, they said a phone would be nice but will settle for a cord. They sometimes have a hard time understanding callers due to static caused by a faulty cord. Thank you in advance.

Re: Hey CPT Hingson

Hey CPT Hingson:

Union contract REQUIRES that an officer be scheduled for 160 hrs per pay period. Due to scheduling the officers (done by the CPT) to attend in-service on their regular work days and then only allowing them to charge 2.5 hours travel and 8.5 hours per day @ in-service which only totals 22 hours during a 24 hour week causing officers to have to burn two hours of their annual leave to attend annual in-service training there by screwing officers due to lack of knowledge on your part.

Here is how it should go, using Google maps see what the time and distance from your point of origin to Pat Thomas, you either charge 2.5hrs or if Google says the travel time is longer then you charge that, next since officers are not being paid meals while at Pat Thomas but instead being PROVIDED meals in the chow hall there by being forced to eat in the chow hall or get no reimbursement if you choose not to, so an officers time should start when they leave their room to eat breakfast and end when they return to their room from supper, since they are essentially being forced to eat in the chow hall, that would work out to 11 hrs per day. Now I understand that the budget is tight and they do not want to pay overtime, but at least give the officers 160 hrs without them having to use leave to make up the 2 hours of time. How about a grievance and we let others decide it? Might just get some overtime out of it.

This is your chance to make right what you screwed up by not following contract, which means you did not follow policy. Don't you like to give out reprimands to those that do not follow policy? You are actually depriving officers and Sgt's of their time by not following policy, you have essentially stolen from each one of them. Thief.

WOW Cpt Hingson possibly stole 120 hrs of leave from his 60 officers and sgts @ 2 hours each , or an averaged combined total of $2400 figured @ an average of $20 per hour. Glad he is not my Cpt. All due to a failure to know and follow policy/contract. How does it feel folks, not even any Vaseline.

Illiterate supervisors, they'll screw you every time.

Wow! if that is true, everybody better put on the jetpack. All this crap is just giving the new commissioner reason to dis-band road guards.

We will be disbanded within the next 5-10 years anyway. Anyone that can honestly look at the "big picture" knows this. I will be here as long as they let me stay, checking those horses and scanning them bills.

Forgot to add: we are nothing more than hired guns for the tomato industry, citrus industry, and vets. With out us to enforce the federal and state regulations regarding each they would either loose a lot of money or go broke. As long as they can make contributions to political campaign funds we will continue to exist when they cannot/do not we will be shut down. Politics folks that is what it all comes down to.

Quote Originally Posted by Stationone
    Hey CPT Hingson do you think you could get us a new phone for Station 1? It would be nice to have a properly operational phone in case of an emergency. I know that the budget is tight but a phone does not cost that much. Oh and the officers at Station 3 wondered if you would not mind getting them a new handset cord for their phone, they said a phone would be nice but will settle for a cord. They sometimes have a hard time understanding callers due to static caused by a faulty cord. Thank you in advance.
    Thanks for the new phone @ Station 1!

Seems like the only way to get things done is put them on here so someone who cares will see it. I know emails were sent about the phone, but no one cared. Thanks for the help who ever you are.

Station 3 got a new phone cord! Thanks to whomever. We have been dealing with the old one for 6+ months and asking for a new one. Glad to see someone, somewhere is paying attention.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast