Trim some fat - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trim some fat

Re: Trim some fat

I agree! We should make a stand on the details. If we as a union make an issue then it should be taken care of. We are the union and they (Capts and Majs) are not. What power, if any do they have when it comes to this matter? Who says they have to be number one? Is it the age old statement, "This is the way it's been forever." Well people......TIME FOR CHANGE! Crap or get off the pot...Make your voice heard and tell our Reps what we want. If any officer or Sgt says anything otherwise I strongly question that person's mental status. Let's throw that big 'ol rock into the pond and cause some waves....

Quote Originally Posted by Angry
    You wanna trim fat? Cut out these darn retired officers making 100k as retired city workers and hired back at 100k jobs. This drives me crazy to see retired Capt and Majs working ADMIN jobs that are taking away from Sgt spots that can help our promotions. Not one person can give me one good reason why we have a civilian heading up training....That was a Sgt post since I've been here...How 'bout Linda? Cut that job and give it to a working officer....Norm and Nick???? What a waste! That's some money we can put away. Put one officer up there and let them better their career. We all know Mamma is gonna get hired back doing some BS job making good money...Also, am I the only one scratching my head seeing the Capts and Majs working details? YOU people need to learn how to lead and stop being managers. OFFICERS come first. But go on suck up every detail while we "try" to get by. Wow! My eyes are open now and I see what and where my place is in Hallandale...
    I think it's time for the vote of no confidence! That will send a clear message to the city manager, mayor and commissioners :!:

Quote Originally Posted by Angry
    You wanna trim fat? Cut out these darn retired officers making 100k as retired city workers and hired back at 100k jobs. This drives me crazy to see retired Capt and Majs working ADMIN jobs that are taking away from Sgt spots that can help our promotions. Not one person can give me one good reason why we have a civilian heading up training....That was a Sgt post since I've been here...How 'bout Linda? Cut that job and give it to a working officer....Norm and Nick???? What a waste! That's some money we can put away. Put one officer up there and let them better their career. We all know Mamma is gonna get hired back doing some BS job making good money...Also, am I the only one scratching my head seeing the Capts and Majs working details? YOU people need to learn how to lead and stop being managers. OFFICERS come first. But go on suck up every detail while we "try" to get by. Wow! My eyes are open now and I see what and where my place is in Hallandale...
    i hear big head TD will be the next to come back hope its not true. he gets to keep a job and 8%...must be nice. and all the time he was here he was agreeing with us on the part-timers having to go. so much for unity. he'll be another rerun at this department because like the others, they are unemployable anywhere else but here.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Congrats to reserve officer Nadler for getting Officer of the Quarter for writing stop sign tickets...I wonder how many of his PEERS voted for him on that one?!?!? I guess the person I voted for wasn't worthy. Tickets override on-viewed robberies and burglaries. My hat's off to the real brothers in blue who actually do real policework :evil: .
    You know, it is actually embarrassing that the part-timer gets nominated and actually awarded the Officer of the quarter. It is also embarrassing that the part-timer's stats are better than some full timers.

Maybe the reason why you want to get rid of part-timers is because they make you full timers look bad and un-productive?

ops:

Quote Originally Posted by r u embarrassed?
    Congrats to reserve officer Nadler for getting Officer of the Quarter for writing stop sign tickets...I wonder how many of his PEERS voted for him on that one?!?!? I guess the person I voted for wasn't worthy. Tickets override on-viewed robberies and burglaries. My hat's off to the real brothers in blue who actually do real policework :evil: .
    You know, it is actually embarrassing that the part-timer gets nominated and actually awarded the Officer of the quarter. It is also embarrassing that the part-timer's stats are better than some full timers.

Maybe the reason why you want to get rid of part-timers is because they make you full timers look bad and un-productive?

ops:
    Nice try Nadler, but sitting on a street corner and writing tickets while the rest of us do actual work does not constitute productivity. You getting any type of award, let alone officer of the quarter, is a slap in the face to the hard working officers of this department. Nobody wants you here. Leave ASAP and take your fat friend Gary with you.

Quote Originally Posted by r u embarrassed?

ops:
    If I had no zone to work and picked what BS calls I wanted to take I would write 150 tickets a month too. Come on "r u embarrassed"....Are you serious? Mr Nadler's hobby is my career. He might get a 'lil respect if he comes to Hallandale, Takes a zone and humps some real calls. Part timers don't make me or any other cop feel bad. Richey Allen is great and pulls his weight...Making the statement you posted means your the man himself or the 1% of the dept. This is sad, we all know why he got the award and we all know why he is where he is today...but the question is.....who or what peers selected him for ofc of the quarter? my vote was for someone who did something bigger than tickets.

Wow! Mr MAGTF who works the hard area of Three Islands and ASB....Why does Mr MAGTF stay clear of the NW? Can he even pick out and named local gang member? And yes.....We have a gang problem in HappyDale...It is kept hush hush by the Hug a Thug program but we do have one....So Mr MAGTF....next time your 10-8 (haha) at night...swing on by 7th or 7th and do a F.I. or something...who knows...you might get lucky and find something. Or stay on the east and do stop sign enforcement and take all the 94s and BS sig14s. You want respect you have to earn it. Learn the job, lear the chain of command (you know what I mean) and do the right thing.

HE'S MY PART-TIMER!!! YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE HIM UPSET...I HERE BY DECREE!!!! HE REPORTS TO ME!!!! I SEND HIM THROUGH THE HALLWAYS TO GET THE DIRT FOR ME MEMEMEMEMEMEMEM..ME!!! I WANT MY FREE MOTOROLA EQUIPMENT AND STROBES!!!!!!!! LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!!

Guys (and gals), ask the Captain that nominated him for the award what his/her criteria and reasoning was. Maybe the Captain saw something and thought he truly does a good job.

I think that if you really have a problem with him, you should talk to him in person and call him to the mat. I bet he would gladly talk to whoever it is, face to face, without a problem. Posting "anonymous" comments on here will never "iron" out your issues.

I took the time to speak to the guy and ask the questions first hand, so I could get the real information. You should try to do the same. He may surprise you as to why things are and how things come about.

I, being a new guy, personally think that the guy is 10-8. He will always back you up and he is a good cop. He has shown me that he has experience and knowledge. I do not see how he could be hinderance to anybody in this department. He is a regular guy that works the road and an extra person to help us out.

I refuse to be poisoned by a few that hate because they do not understand.

why don't you approch Nadler and tell him you don't want him here. I guess you lack those any way. Dont speak for all of us.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast