Cape chief's son, four others, take mortgage fraud plea deal - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Cape chief's son, four others, take mortgage fraud plea deal

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Atkisson
    Ok. I have been reading the postings on this site for quite some time now. I have learned some things about things which have happened in our department that I did not know about.

I am not in the in crowd, don't go drinking with the boys or anything like that. I am not interested in being promoted to Sergeant or above at this point in my career. I have been there and done that.

I chose to work for the Cape Coral Police Department over LCSO because I live in this city, I felt this department was a good department (no knock against LCSO) and wanted to give back something to the city.

I believe that the majority of people working for CCPD are great people with good morals and great intentions. We are all human and we all make mistakes. I will be the first to admit that I am not perfect. That being said, I can't believe what I am reading on this site. When I have something to say I am man enough to go to the FOP meetings and say them. When I had a question about the action of the FOP I sent an e-mail to everyone about it and then went to the FOP meeting and faced the people who were not happy with what I had said. I took my lumps like a man.

I did the same thing when I felt the SRO's were getting the short end of the stick with the football games. People didn't agree with me and told me so. I respect that and I was man enough to be there and take it. I point this out because no one can say that I talk behind peoples backs, am a back stabber or won't say something to a persons face.

I have worked in another department, seen other departments and how they are run and been in Law Enforcement for 29 years now. Cape Coral P.D. is a good police department and we are treated very fairly. Our administration is not perfect but again non of us are. I have seen many people who have injuries or other medical problems be taken care of and I commend our administration for that. They do not have to do that and I know in many other departments some people would have been fired or forced to retire.

I also know that this administration is not out to get our officers and fire them when they make a mistake. I have seen other departments do so.

I point this out because I don't think some of you realize how well we have it here in this department. I also say this after having been turned down for an ISB position twice now even though I have a lot of experience in investigations.

I have just become sick to my stomach at how some people are so disgusting and low that they can come on here without posting their name and slander people, say people should kill themselves etc.

I don't care if you like me or hate me, I just care that I can count on you to have my back when the poop hits the fan on the street. From what I am reading, I don't think some of you will. You are gutless to come on here and make the accusations that you have and put peoples personal information out there the way you do.

Jack Lytle is a nice person. He does not deserve the things beings said about him. At least when he says something, he has the balls to put his name to it. I believe him when he says he only posts with his name. Jack, I will work with you any day and I respect you and will give you any help you ever need from me.

I think that any officer who breaks a law or hold himself above the law gives all of us a bad name. I am not saying that we should not report it if we know a brother officer is breaking the law. If an officer breaks the law he should be reported and dealt with. If we cant be trusted to comply with the law, how can we be trusted to enforce the law?

I don't know if the people mentioned on this site broke the law but if they did, I do believe that they will be dealt with. They know if they broke the law and I would expect that if they did, they will do the right thing and resign. If not, I trust the administration to do the right thing and fire them. There is such a thing as conduct unbecoming an officer.

We need to stick together and not tear each other apart because there are enough people out there who want to tear us down whenever they can. You are just giving them more ammunition to tear us down with.

If you think that one of your brother and sister officers are doing something illegal, unethical or whatever and you don't feel like you can go to the administration, take it to Kurt G who is the president of the FOP. I believe that Kurt G. has proven to everyone that he is a straight shooter and will do what it take to represent us.

I hope that you all understand the intent of this post. I am sure that I will be torn apart he and I don't care. I will always say what I believe and if you don't like it then so be it.

Please feel free to be man enough or woman enough to tell me to my face and not post without your true name here. I will respect it more.

Also, please remember we represent the citizens of Cape Coral. We work for them and should always try to treat them with respect. It does not hurt to talk nice to people and wave at them when you are driving past them. It also does not hurt to wave to other officers when passing them. We are all inthis together.

Thank you.

Bob Atkisson
    Someone call Vista this guy is off his meds!!!!!!!!
    Bob doesn't need Vista. Bob needed to be at the COPSTAR meeting. Bob would have heard the Chief blamed the lack of a G.O. and the lack of proper supervision for his son doing what he did. Everybody keeps writing that Steve has taken ownership and is willing to take whatever punishment is coming his way. Maybe someone can tell his dad that so he doesn't keep blaming everyone else. Maybe his dad can take ownership for his son's actions, cause doesn't the chief put out GO's or create policy/procedures. Hey isn't he ultimately the head supervisor in his sons chain?

Maybe we can see now how bad nepotism is in any agency, no matter how big or small.

Bob stay safe and have a great summer.

Another month and the little sidekick will have his day too!!

Good luck Jimbob

Chief's son. That's me. I'm goin' to prison!

Junior Member LEO Affairs Recruit
    You might find the following website helpful, it's a NY law firm that has a service obtaining Certificate of Disposition's for clients. See: www.certificateofdisposition.com

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1510295
    Holly cow!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789