Typical southside behavior - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: No, not typical southside behavior

This school had a good principal who insisted on discipline. She was fired and soon everything fell apart.

A parent volunteer told me that teachers were required to be out in the halls and courtyards watching students in between class. The kids knew they were being watched and most behaved.

The new administration let teachers hide in their classrooms and take off for their cars at the end of the day. Before long the students realized that no one was watching so they could get wild. 8 Hype was allowed to take over. That's what I hear.

Order is fragile. It's easy to destroy and hard to reestablish.

Re: Typical southside behavior

Here's a suggestion: Whoop their ass and send them home. Let momma deal with them. It isn't exactly like they have a job they go to that would keep them from being at homes with their chirrins. It would cut into momma's play time if she was made to be responsible for their mistakes, er monsters, er babies.

Yall need to check yourselves. Thinking of people as monsters because their skin is darker than yours means you got some real issues and you should look in the mirror for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by nasty just nasty
    Yall need to check yourselves. Thinking of people as monsters because their skin is darker than yours means you got some real issues and you should look in the mirror for a minute.
    That's right. We need some clear thinking to help this school restore itself. Not name calling.
    Most kids at JHop want to learn and belong to something. When the school board let gangs and bullies push other kids around gangs grew in power and the good kids find it hard to stay out of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by nasty just nasty
    You're the one that brought up skin color, moron. But if the slide fits, slide right in.

Who said anything about race in calling them monsters? besides, I remember the old creatur feature movies. The mosnters were usually green. And they weren't trying to hold up their pants with one hand as they walked down the street.

Not monster but a Punk Ass monster

Now the latest commotion from the south side is because a member of the school board said that they need to get rid of the "hoodlums" causing the problems in the school. Several dumbasses are crying racism because the word hoodlum is tied to black children because of the word "hood", meaning where they live. Give me a break. That"hood" is for neighborhood, while hoodlum is associated with "hood" which means criminal. That version was used to describe WHITE gangsters in the 20's and 30's. It just goes to show that people can scream racism because they "believe" the word is intended to put them down. They used an example where someone used the word "*****rdly", which means to be a miser or tight with money. Yet, a certain member of the council said the word is racist. Most of the time, it is only racist because the low-education listener has no idea what the word means in the first damn place. I remember a certain officer who, several years ago, was called a "cracker" repeatedly while on a call. The officer didn't let it bother him. After the scene calmed and we had the person in custody (for an unrelated charge), I asked him how he could stand there and act like it wasn't bothering him. His reply? "I have no idea what a cracker is!" And he meant it. When I told him that it was meant as a derogatory term for white people, he looked at the suspect and said "The I'm a Wheat Thin. That's a high class cracker!" Even the suspect laughed.

What these idiots need is either thick skin or a dictionary. And a sense of humor wouldn't hurt.

Amen to that brother

Support Janet Clark

Who says the word "hoodlum" is racist? I had never thought of it as a racist word until the Times suggested it. I don't believe that Janet Clark meant to offend anyone but the young criminals who disrupt this school.

Here is another use of the word:
    In January 1949, Klansmen held a motorcade through Tallahassee, where newly- inaugurated governor Fuller Warren, a former Klansmen himself, denounced them as "hooded hoodlums and sheeted jerks."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast